[DISCONTINUED][ROM]CyanogenMod 7 for Micromax a60 [COMPILED FROM SOURCES]

Search This thread

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
Welcome to CyanogenMod 7 For Micromax

Congrats Guys its the first CyanogenMod rom ever for ANY micromax device means Micromax A60 got the first CM7 compiled from sources ever!~!
Cheers!

This is fully compiled from CyanogenMod 7 sources!
Thanks Rom2maru@xda for helping me a lot....

This is build #1 so dont expect every thing working :)

Me and Keyur are working on CM7 to get a stable build for Micromax a60..
so please dont ask for ETAs please , we are working.

Working -
Project Closed!

Not Working -
Project Closed

How to show support.

1 Show your support by hitting thanks and providing us logcats
2 Post replies here so we can see you are interested
3 By helping us in fixing bugs...
Download Section-

Direct download link.​

How to install-
1 Download it
2 Place in SD
3 WIPE DATA (most imp)
4 Flash Rom
5 Reboot.

Please help me with logcat... (type in terminal-)
Code:
su
logcat>sdcard/log.txt
let it complete then upload log.txt from SD

Dont spam this Thread...Dont mirror my work...

Last edited:

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
Well just wanted throw a shout here.
I want to ask why P350 repo is used to do this? It is as same as performing a binary port with lots of data payload. :p

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
I want to ask why P350 repo is used to do this? It is as same as performing a binary port with lots of data payload. :p

hehe lol it is not binary port :p p350 is having same chipset as a60 namely msm7x27 and it is nearly same device :p so device config is ported to a60 !! first understand what is device config and what is compiled from source. can you tell me in what sense it is binary port ! device folder is open source ! checkout on my github : github.com/keyur2maru ;) you gotta need to check boardconfig then you will know what is compiled from source :) first understand and then reply :p Regards , Keyur maru

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
hehe lol it is not binary port :p p350 is having same chipset as a60 namely msm7x27 and it is nearly same device :p so device config is ported to a60 !! first understand what is device config and what is compiled from source. can you tell me in what sense it is binary port ! device folder is open source ! checkout on my github : github.com/keyur2maru ;) you gotta need to check boardconfig then you will know what is compiled from source :) first understand and then reply :p Regards , Keyur maru

Oh well don't tell that to me.
Same chipset doesn't mean that you just sync it from someones repo and build it?
Some common sense is needed to be used, you should have recommended him to build from CyanogenMod sources instead of pimping yours, and help him configure from scratch.
If this is the matter(and extent of your knowledge) why don't you mention what things you modified in the source in order to adapt for Micromax A60?

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
heehee lol first open my device config and check everything is modded ! for a60 :) and yeah you replied Rohan that Im copying ron stuff hehe !!
CM7 is Really Done by Drap and Pax0r not by Ron G

and about copying who said im copying :p I was the man for cm9 :p and checkout device config it is like written from scratch only :p checkout nothing is there related to p350 and if similar hardware is there ! it is ofcourse that we will port that device config to work with our device :p it is like RMCC ( LGE DeVICES MAINTAINER ) also do the same :p It is No need to write full from scratch :p i think you need to learn more not me :p

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

and we are not having having full source of cm7 it is only device config and source is synced from cm repo :p i think you need to learn more rather than me ;)

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

who said you p350 repo is used LOL :D :cyclops::highfive::cowboy::D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and it is not repo it is device config :fingers-crossed::p

Reactions: Forever Alone

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
heehee lol first open my device config and check everything is modded ! for a60 :) and yeah you replied Rohan that Im copying ron stuff hehe !!

and about copying who said im copying :p I was the man for cm9 :p and checkout device config it is like written from scratch only :p checkout nothing is there related to p350 and if similar hardware is there ! it is ofcourse that we will port that device config to work with our device :p it is like RMCC ( LGE DeVICES MAINTAINER ) also do the same :p It is No need to write full from scratch :p i think you need to learn more not me :p

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

and we are not having having full source of cm7 it is only device config and source is synced from cm repo :p i think you need to learn more rather than me ;)

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

who said you p350 repo is used LOL :D :cyclops::highfive::cowboy::D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and it is not repo it is device config :fingers-crossed::p

This is where the noobish step was taken.
Boardconfig is meant to be constructed from scratch by analyzing the kernel configuration(Don't keep on shooting device specs are same)
Device specs doesn't mean you can grab the device configuration from it.
The location from where the source is synced doesn't matter(provided that its unmodded) but the Configuration matters a lot. Compiler analyses the configuration and readily modifies the source code and initializes compilation.
And this is why major functions are not working in your buid.
I saw your github repo of A60 and as it is a initial commit I cannot see what configurations you changed.
Can you mention here the modified lines?
And for "you need to learn more than me"
I would say no one is perfect, I agree that I have no experience in building a ROM from source(as I lack a good network connection) but that doesn't mean I have no knowledge in it. And for that statement you may receive a infraction from a XDA moderator :) These are fundamental aspects which are needed to be understood before proceeding with a build.

Last edited:

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
See bro I don't wanna fight :D but just i want to say that it is my own work it is not copied if you don't understand what are changes done how can you say im copying I don't fight :) It is my Own work Not any copied one

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

and if you want to see edits just have a view at boardconfig can check nothing is related to p350 i just want to prove that it is my official work and not copied work :) and about i said
You need to learn more rather than me

I said that because you're statement is totally wrong ! i know im right so i said that ;)

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
See bro I don't wanna fight :D but just i want to say that it is my own work it is not copied if you don't understand what are changes done how can you say im copying I don't fight :) It is my Own work Not any copied one

I don't have anything to do with if you copied or didn't.
But the approach Guided by you to Rohan is way tedious and will end both of you with nasty unremovable bugs which will point to binary port again!
You know this very well configurations play a vital role and are meant to be constructed from scratch instead of base them on other device
Yes you can use it for reference, but not use it for compilation as it contains device specific configurations.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

and if you want to see edits just have a view at boardconfig can check nothing is related to p350 i just want to prove that it is my official work and not copied work :) and about i said
You need to learn more rather than me

I said that because you're statement is totally wrong ! i know im right so i said that ;)
What should I do with boardconfig? To see what's changed I need commits with those changes.
And how was I wrong?
Prove it pls.

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
See bro I don't think i should recieve infraction :) and about fixes it is not like in the first build we will get everything working even steve kondik will not able to do this ;) our first aim was to get it booted and then fix bugs and about fixing bugs that are not fixed in rom ! they are fixed in device folder ! and about my way even RMCC do the same to get cm7 or cm9 on any new lge devices ! it is not written from base ! and check device folder most things are written from base and edited boardconfig and fixes will be done by adding new lines removing unnedded lines and all ! ;)

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I don't have anything to do with if you copied or didn't.
But the approach Guided by you to Rohan is way tedious and will end both of you with nasty unremovable bugs which will point to binary port again!
You know this very well configurations play a vital role and are meant to be constructed from scratch instead of base them on other device
Yes you can use it for reference, but not use it for compilation as it contains device specific configurations.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

What should I do with boardconfig? To see what's changed I need commits with those changes.
And how was I wrong?
Prove it pls.

just compare p350 boardconfig from cyanogenmod repo and compare with my a60 boardconfig and even compare whole device tree :) everything is changed and edited ;) and that's the way we get cm7 or cm9 on new device and about p350. our cm7 main dev drap also ported p500 device config ;)

Last edited:

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
Thanks Bro See I Don't wanna fight !
I Just wanna Prove that I was Right :D And If you want further Proof Wait i will first fork p350 repo and then do edits in further commits so you can see commits and check what's edited :) As right now im busy in releasing my ics weekly #1 for p350 ;) and did i got infraction o_O i think i should not ;)

jaggu1989

Jul 14, 2012
Jalandhar
GB 2.3.7 port to karbonn A1

Hey friends i have successfully ported a rom based on racer rom on my Karbonn A1 or Zte N721 or Zte Racer or MMX A60 all have same specifications .the base ROM is racers ROM based on CM 7 . If i flashed it as it is it does not boot earlier. Then i used android kitchen porting tool . Now the rom the booting on my device but the issue is that My WiFi, Bluetooth and No service with sim. Idnt understand whats the problem is i guess it is dude to drivers but i dnt know how to change them.I need suggestions so that i can start working further .

here is the link to ported rom .

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4pzwnb6pbbw5pym

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
I was wondering if you guys would be as much helpful in making a CM based ROM for Micromax A57, which is a simple midrange model. But we have got a large community of users, and small-time developers. It would be awesome to see CM booting up in our phone :) Please help us

haha..i am the ROHAN in facebook and the CEO of geekyzz.blogspot.in....remember me? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to CyanogenMod 7 For Micromax

Congrats Guys its the first CyanogenMod rom ever for ANY micromax device means Micromax A60 got the first CM7 compiled from sources ever!~!
    Cheers!

This is fully compiled from CyanogenMod 7 sources!
    Thanks Rom2maru@xda for helping me a lot....

This is build #1 so dont expect every thing working :)

Me and Keyur are working on CM7 to get a stable build for Micromax a60..
    so please dont ask for ETAs please , we are working.

Working -
    Project Closed!

Not Working -
    Project Closed

How to show support.

1 Show your support by hitting thanks and providing us logcats
    2 Post replies here so we can see you are interested
    3 By helping us in fixing bugs...
    Download Section-

Direct download link.​

How to install-
    1 Download it
    2 Place in SD
    3 WIPE DATA (most imp)
    4 Flash Rom
    5 Reboot.

Please help me with logcat... (type in terminal-)
    Code:
    su
    logcat>sdcard/log.txt
    let it complete then upload log.txt from SD

Dont spam this Thread...Dont mirror my work...
    WTF ! No Replies :p
    I was wondering if you guys would be as much helpful in making a CM based ROM for Micromax A57, which is a simple midrange model. But we have got a large community of users, and small-time developers. It would be awesome to see CM booting up in our phone :) Please help us