In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

Search This thread

rawfa

Jan 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?

Last edited:

noamsch6

Nov 30, 2010
Tel-Aviv
I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?

You can not use volume control on any phone but iPhone since Apple owns it.
If you want a good resistant and powerful headset, I'd recommend Sennheiser, or in particular the MM70i, which I own, but it's not cheap, bought it with 25% discount. It has the best sound ever, great insulation, has microphone and three buttons (Volume +/- but it will not work for android, Middle button that you can decide what it will do on your phone) 1.4M cable, compact and weighs 11 grams I think, its durable, beautiful design, comes with 6 paris of buds, and a case.
:)

harshs23

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X

fario78

Dec 25, 2012
Segorbe
Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X

any particular brand to recommend?

forster

Feb 6, 2010
aJays One + 60$, and NOCS ns 200/400 70$ favorites by far.

Last edited: