Urban Armor Case (Update 1-8-2013)

Search This thread

Pard0ned

Oct 14, 2010
Belfast
Hai,

Wanted to ask if anyone had an idea how long it takes them to ship?

Also if you are from Europe could you please say how long it aprox took to get here ^^

Also do they give a tracking code/confirm about shipping?

Thanks!

It took my three cases a week from date of shipping email to get to northern Ireland! It takes them about 2 working days to ship them.

Also. Yes they do give tracking number, only useful for north American deliveries. Once the item leaves the US the tracking doesn't work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Nice, Should be the same for Belgium ^^
Only diffrence is Customs etc, and they are overal very fast in Belgium when concerning about that ^^
(If they dont smell money in your package anyhow, Then they like to put huge fees on em an that takes ages :p )

Thanks for the info mate ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi.

hydrotherion

Jul 2, 2012
Hai,

Wanted to ask if anyone had an idea how long it takes them to ship?

Also if you are from Europe could you please say how long it aprox took to get here ^^

Also do they give a tracking code/confirm about shipping?

Thanks!

Took at least two weeks to delivery.There is a tracking number but the information is really basic.

Chedderknight

Nov 20, 2008
Los Angeles
just ordered the blue uag case after reading the the whole thread, question though, how does this case handle grease and dirt? i work in the automotive field and i do my best to not handle my phone when working but sometimes thats not the case.

1slow4G

Nov 19, 2012
South Tex
just ordered the blue uag case after reading the the whole thread, question though, how does this case handle grease and dirt? i work in the automotive field and i do my best to not handle my phone when working but sometimes thats not the case.

I work in the oilfield. Its easy to wipe off with damp rag or u can use some dawn or similar if its a really big mess.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p

bobAbooE

Apr 8, 2011
Indiana
Just got mine yesterday, it feels a little slick but more secure. The buttons are easy to push and I like the bigger cutouts for the headphones and usb port. Having individual cutouts for the flash, camera and speaker make the most sense to me, I like it better than one big cutout. In case anyone was wondering, the case fits fine with the DBA just like glass screen protector. I think I made a good buy.

Chedderknight

Nov 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Just got mine in today, really digging the thinness of the case, coming from a puregear dualtek you can really feel the difference, very happy with this purchase

Sent from my SGH-T999

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
I had made a deep comparison to Otterbox Commuter vs Ballistic SG vs UAG. You can find the thread's link under my signature. You can ask me any question about these 3 cases.

atman8r

Dec 18, 2012
Florida
Not sure about that guy, but I just switched from uag aviator to a night sky otter box commuter. Sorry guys. Lol:D

Sent from my LeanKernel-powered blue SGS3 running CM10.1 nightlies and HTC.Elegance.X theme;)

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Not sure about that guy, but I just switched from uag aviator to a night sky otter box commuter. Sorry guys. Lol:D

Sent from my LeanKernel-powered blue SGS3 running CM10.1 nightlies and HTC.Elegance.X theme;)

Would you maybe wanna state the diffrence/wich one you prefer etc? ^^

Just curious since i dont have my UAG case yet, its going to arrive soon, and just curious if i shoudl also later on pick a commuter for when i need that when the chance is more likely i would drop ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi.

atman8r

Dec 18, 2012
Florida

Just curious since i dont have my UAG case yet, its going to arrive soon, and just curious if i shoudl also later on pick a commuter for when i need that when the chance is more likely i would drop ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi.

UAG is a great case, I just wanted to try out otter box and its so Much better in my opinion. For one, the color. I wanted blue, but the aero UAG is like nasty looking blue. My commuter is a real deep blue mixed with lighter blue. And the commuter just seems more solid. Not to mention it actually covers the phones ports.

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009

Best regards,
DrLuigi.

Consider that the UAG will give you maximum protection for the LEAST amount of BULK. Also, some of the bulkier (safer/sealed) cases, may not be conducive to being removed often or as quickly...if you tend to swap batteries etc. The UAG is great for table top operation as well where as some of the rounder backed cases are not good for that.

Guys, I wrote about a product called eGrips about a month ago in this thread, and it is working out fabulous. It has not lifted or peeled...yet...and holding the UAG feels 100% more secure and comfortable too. UAG, if your reading, I highly suggest taking your A+ product, and kicking it up a notch with some GRIP action. Even with the eGrips, I have no problem sliding the S3 in and out of my jeans front or rear pocket.

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
Just received my Aero last two days. This is the best case I had ever used as it's combine all the Pro's of Ballistic SG and Otterbox Commuter case. Below is the HD photo of the Aero Case with Pebble Blue S3. :p I had made a deep comparison between Commuter, Ballistic and UAG. For more details, you all can find the thread link under my signature. :cowboy:

Photo :
20130223_010052_zpscf4e722d.jpg

20130223_010104_zps4e449368.jpg

20130223_010113_zpsd8f79510.jpg

IMG_20130223_010425_zpsdcb016ce.jpg

IMG_20130223_010535_zps76e5b06c.jpg

IMG_20130223_010450_zps759e315a.jpg

IMG_20130223_010518_zps1201d19c.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4cbaf6fb-bc22-f727.jpg
    Just thought I would share what just popped up on amazon.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/samsung

Update (1-8-2013) Just in case anyone owns a Note 2 they have some available for order. The design is different with customizable vents. Note 2 thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36358199

Update (9-16-2012) Here is a link to a great review by Mobile tech.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=43188

Update (8-23-2012): Sorry for the late review but looks like many people beat me to it. I have had the case for a little over a week and I am still very impressed with the quality, design and feel. I don't think there will be any other case on my GS3 besides this one. Its just too nice.

The case doesn't add a lot of thickness and just feels absolutely great in your hands. The side buttons are very easy to press and the volume button has very good grip due to the jagged design the volume button was given. Worked out great the other night while in bed and I grabbed my phone in pitch dark and was easily able to tell which side was up due to the volume button design. A couple of others cases I own I had trouble with this feat.

There was just 2 issues I ran in to at first. First was that my Skinomi screen protector did not last with this case. It started to peel up on the sides due to the cases perfect all around fit. I have not put the screen protector on yet that came with the case but if you happen to already have one on your phone you may have the same issue. The second thing was that the case felt kind of slick when I first received it but after a few days that went away.

I would post pics but there are so many in this thread already that I don't feel it is needed. Overall everyone should buy this case if they like the industrial look and want one of the best cases available for the GS3. Read through the entire thread and you will find some more great in depth reviews with pics.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    REVIEW

So I got the all black version today and I am not regretting the purchase. In addition to the case, it comes with a screen protector and cleaning kit.

It is not that bulky of a case and the device is still comfortable to hold in the hands. I'm not going to do drop tests with the case but rest assured that if your device does happen to fall then it will do a very good job of protecting it. The power and volume buttons are covered but they still remain very responsive yet they won't be accidentally pressed while in your pocket (or purse, for the ladies ;) ). Every cutout aligns perfect. The quality of the case is amazing and it will surely last for a while. I don't have a full screen protector currently installed so I can't comment on the compatibility. The case does fit tight so removing it will take a bit more force but nothing that is unacceptable. That's all I can think of atm but feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer.

Edit: I applied a full screen protector (Realook 3D) and the case is compatible with it.

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00756-1.jpg

DSC00757-1.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

Here's a thickness comparison between a couple of my slimmer cases. I also have the Diztronic TPU and SGP Modello but it would be redundant to show these since they're similar in thickness to the two I'm about to show.

Ringke SlimLite
    DSC00773.jpg

SGP NeoHybrid
    001010010001.jpg
    Posted a full review of the white, black, and orange UAG case on my site. If you need a link PM me and I will send you one.

sent from my AOKP powered s3.
    A stormtrooper shat out an S3..

waplb8.jpg

4kiwc8.jpg

2sazggl.jpg

2m3lh7r.jpg

59znsm.jpg

1zbw6rl.jpg

33c7s0i.jpg

Next to the Ballistic SG Maxx
    2449o21.jpg
    They sent me one in every color will be posting full review with video but until then Here are some photos.
    White
    cf7743e7-ce6e-c741.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce79-1a0c.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce82-8672.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce8d-2081.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce97-a237.jpg

Black
    cf7743e7-ceaa-3052.jpg
    cf7743e7-ceb4-2ebe.jpg
    cf7743e7-cec0-2c67.jpg
    cf7743e7-cecb-025d.jpg
    cf7743e7-ced6-ed1d.jpg