[Q] Root for S4 i337 MK2?

Search This thread

Embonpoint

Dec 3, 2010
Stockton
I tried Kingo Root yesterday. So far it seems to be working great. During the process, I received several pop ups to install software that was considered potentially harmful. I cancelled each install and was still able to gain successful root. While prices was simple and took about 5 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

fnkyscotty

Mar 10, 2011
ft lauderdale
I tried Kingo Root yesterday. So far it seems to be working great. During the process, I received several pop ups to install software that was considered potentially harmful. I cancelled each install and was still able to gain successful root. While prices was simple and took about 5 minutes.

This is a paid service?

fnkyscotty

Mar 10, 2011
ft lauderdale

Ok I don't see i337 supported, which model did you choose?

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006

In the mf3 thread they said kingo is not recommended. Is there a reason it's not? I used kingo on mf3 and if it works on mk2 without problems I'd like to use again as I don't need custom recovery or roms. But I'm afraid of att updating again and it screwing my phone,

HiTideBlastoise

Nov 4, 2012
At one point, it had malicious code in it that grabbed personal data.

aycockonxion

Jul 15, 2012
Tulsa
Kingo works for MK2. I can confirm it worked with no added instability or apparent issues on the 2 I337 devices I've messed with. But is it reliable? Well, it does send your IMEI to a Chinese server for some unknown reason. You can try Vroot if you want but it's definitely not as 'user friendly' if you catch my drift.

aycockonxion

Jul 15, 2012
Tulsa
So this definitely works? Now I've never had it rooted so this would be a first time root. Can you post a link

XDA evidently considers Kingo malware, so no link from here. But just type "kingo galaxy s4 root" into Google and it should be the top result. Their website states that it is for the i9500, but it has been confirmed for the i337. As always, USE THIS PROCEDURE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Top Liked Posts