Guide:Install KitKat International B510 ROM to B506/B507 firmwares

Search This thread

maraalexispascual

Jun 15, 2014
I got an error "signature verification failed" when upgrading to B510..and I don't have any idea why...tried it several times but no luck..by the way just got my phone p6 recently and it had B111 installled before I upgraded to b132 to get to B510 firmware

Last edited:

Sakkar

Dec 6, 2013
I've tried every way of downgrading to stock B132 and installing the official B510. No luck. :/

ositandroid

Jul 18, 2013
Did this with absolutely no hitch. Took 20mins for all firmware versions to be flashed individually.

sete01

Dec 31, 2011
sete01

hi
Installed in B507's ruins I have not returned to the factory B 107 rom tried this three-button dlod mappás variation
from the phone and the ROM update failed!
B 506 - B507 always instalálni.
Unfortunately, the ROM backup is gone, they have a bad SD card.
I would really appreciate if someone could help.

YShoun

Jun 4, 2014
Hey, i'm a newbie here and i have few questions to you. I'm currently on chinese b507.
-When we do this update without doing a factory reset gwill it reset our phone data?
-b507 already have emui 2.0 why do we have to install p6 unicom emui 2.0?
-It's for p-U06 right?

Well that's it :)

EDIT: Nvm

Last edited:

nphaibk

Nov 15, 2009
Gent
b506 downgrade to b132 = hanged at logo

I followed the guide but after flashing B132 my p6 hanged at the Huawei logo until battery was empty (~day). I could not turn it off, when holding the power button for about 5 sec it just reset (and stopped at the logo). Now I plugged the charger, it start automatically and again hanged at the logo.

somebody got the same? and how to solve it? thanks

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I followed the guide but after flashing B132 my p6 hanged at the Huawei logo until battery was empty (~day). I could not turn it off, when holding the power button for about 5 sec it just reset (and stopped at the logo). Now I plugged the charger, it start automatically and again hanged at the logo.

somebody got the same? and how to solve it? thanks

Hi !

You can try to go back on stock recovery, perform a factory reset and wipe cache . Now you should be able to reinstall UPDATE.APP from your external sdcard.

Good luck !

Reactions: nphaibk

Adrianrff

Sep 28, 2014
Caracas
Hi, sorry for the bump but I need some guidance.

I'm running a Chinese B508 now and I want to install B512. If I understood correctly, acoording to the file included in the official release .zip I have to be in a Bxx firmware in order to upgrade to B510 (or B512). My question is this: the bootloader in phone is locked (I check using this method) and the method decribed here to unlock it doesn't work for me. Is it necessary to have the bootloader unlocked in order to install an official firmware? If so, is there any other way to unlock it?

Thanks.

Adrianrff

Sep 28, 2014
Caracas
Thank you, @gregysk. I've been asking for weeks.

EDIT: @gregysk, I tried flashing the B132 firmware on my P6 (coming from Chinese B508) and I got this:

-checking sd update pkg...
-huawei sd card update fail.....
-cust copying files...
-copy cust files successed
FAIL

Any idea as to what might wrong?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method worked for me.I had in my p6 the chinese B507 firmware with stock recovery and no root..I believe that with B506 is tha same way..(Do it with own risk..)[/B]

Ok..Lets begin..:)

a) Download P6 B510 Official zip
    b) Download P6_Unicom_EMUI2.0.zip
    c) Download P6 B132 Official zip
    The steps

1)Do a factory reset(I dont know if that is necessary but i did it)
    2)Install P6_Unicom_EMUI2.0.zip via Local Update(Extract dload folder in internal storage)
    3)Install P6 B132 Official zip via Local Update (Extract dload folder in internal storage)
    4)Rename the B510 zip to update zip and install direct the update zip again via Local Update(Don't extract anything from this)
    5)Do a factory reset again if you have problem with batery drain or something else(Of course is optional)

This is the process that i follow without any problems

I couldn't post the downloads sites because is my first post
    Sorry for my English..;)
    hi again,

I'm having problems with restarting after updating (downgrading) to b132, i'm stuck at booting (huawei sign keeps loading) and don't have a clue how to get the phone working again, can someone explain in simple terms? :p #freaking out

thx

It happens sometimes. Just make sure you have the B132 (if that's what you want to flash back to) or the B510 (if that's where you're going) update.app in the dload folder in your sdcard and restart your phone.

Both take a while to get done so be patient. If it takes more than fifteen minutes however, restart your phone again. Make sure you have a full battery.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Premium HD app
    Where can I find the P6_Unicom_EMUI2.0.zip file?

h**ps://mega.co.nz/#!8kcVADpB!JKeDlX4WQhmAP3mclNTfIzIjVllw5sMhnrj-3KSpSc4
    It works

Hi
    I have just updated form 507 to 510, it works :good:

I do not know if this is for all, but be aware that after i installed the B132, i had to wait a looooong time before it restarted.

When this step was done it automatically found the new version

René
    Read thread from the begining,becuse you are doing downgrade from KK to JB you must follow guide from the first post.