Mods please delete this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wdfowty

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2010
S.F. Bay Area, California
Place your com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk into the apktool folder and run the program INSTALL MY FRAMEWORK. You will notice a new folder called framework appear in the apktool folder. Dont ever delete this folder unless you need to install a different set of framework files. The program will automatically delete com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk from the apktool folder for you after install.

What I do is:

1. Install a framework with apktool
2. Create a blank text file in the framework folder with a label for the framework (i.e. e3d, inc2, etc)
3. When I need to use a new framework, I change the directory's name from "framework" to "_<tag>_framework" (where <tag> is what the blank text file in the directory says; ex. "_e3d_framework")
4. Install the new framework, and repeat. Rename as needed.

Reactions: wildstang83

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
What I do is:

2. Create a blank text file in the framework folder with a label for the framework (i.e. e3d, inc2, etc)
3. When I need to use a new framework, I change the directory's name from "framework" to "_<tag>_framework" (where <tag> is what the blank text file in the directory says; ex. "_e3d_framework")

Thanks WD, figured for now this was just simple enough to get people started with apktool atleast so they know how easy it is once you get started. I do plan on adding in a tags option later. I understand some people like myself need to be pulling from this Rom and putting in that Rom and everything else. It could get confusing for someone not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mods please delete this thread. Thank you.
    Actually this doesn't look too hard, I might be able to help you code this for Mac
    Place your com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk into the apktool folder and run the program INSTALL MY FRAMEWORK. You will notice a new folder called framework appear in the apktool folder. Dont ever delete this folder unless you need to install a different set of framework files. The program will automatically delete com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk from the apktool folder for you after install.

What I do is: