Phone heating up

Search This thread
Dec 12, 2011
Why is my phone heating up to 107 degrees when I use the market, internet, and reddit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
its defective. get a new one. skyrockets, like most new Samsungs get hot, but not that hot

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
its defective. get a new one. skyrockets, like most new Samsungs get hot, but not that hot

Mines got that hot before...its not a big deal. It generally doesn't go any higher than that and mostly only happens when its pulling alot of power from the battery to maintain a stable connection (poor signal areas). Most of the time, it doesn't get that hot. If your phone is continuously getting hot, you might want to replace it, but just occasionally and for short periods of time it can be normal. If your not using the phone under certain conditions, it might never get that hot for you. Plus, these phones seem to vary depending on the batch that was created. If it is causing problems, or getting any hotter, or staying hot, or if it just rubs you the wrong way....yea, try to get it replaced.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
If it

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

If it reaches a certin temp it will shutoff. But maybe your batt is starting to go bad. Unless your overclocked/ under volted then that's obviously the problem.

Oh yea, this reminds me to also mention to make sure your battery is seated well and the contacts are clean.

Come to think of it, Mine got that hot a few times when I was using a different radio / modem other than the on that was supposed to be with the ROM I was on at the time. Again, it wasn't a big deal or long lasting event (not hot enough to shutdown) but maybe the missmatched code was making it work a little harder at the time.

kishke

Feb 28, 2012
Alfe Menashe
Lately due to summer and the increasing heat, while I'm driving my car using the gps and charging the phone I get a warning that's the battery is too hot and it stops charging.
When i checked the temperature its around 47 Celsius degrees, so like someone said its just a lot of power running through your device.

gargoyle_48770

Apr 7, 2012
i have a powerskin case with my skyrocket and it gets that hot all the time when i am charging my phone and playing games at the same time

divasdahal

Sep 1, 2011
Cell phone heating

Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....:confused:

FhakaYu

Apr 18, 2012
Guam
Mine also heats up only when I play games, charge it, and downloading stuff at the same time. Heats to like past 110 Fahrenheit. I just turn off my phone and stick it in my refrigerator for 5 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Bigpapy

Mar 27, 2012
Bethesda
Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....:confused:

I will highly recommend you to flash this ROM if you want to have a long battery life!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1602216

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Why is my phone heating up to 107 degrees when I use the market, internet, and reddit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Have you try to clear the memory? maybe you have alot of stuff running on the background.

kishke

Feb 28, 2012
Alfe Menashe
One thing I noticed today is by reducing the screen brightness to the minimum the phone requires significantly less power and is not heating as much.
Today while driving home from uni with gps and charging it barly got to 40 degrees Celsius (sorry im using this but you americans always have to be different, start using the metric system!), while usually it gets to 47+ asap and then stops charging.
Although today wasn't as hot as always so maybe it helped a bit.