Fastboot failure on ATRIX HD

Search This thread

winiwini

Jan 2, 2012
Hello, when y try to perform the point 7 of the following process:
Get RSD Lite 6.14 (recommended version) for Windows only.
Get the stock firmware file, make sure you pick the latest ICS firmware file here (7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml.zip) for AT&T.
After successfully downloaded, extract the zip file. And edit the 7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml file using notepad, and then remove 2 lines with getvar.step operation=”getvar” var=”max-download-size”
Open RSD Lite, open the XML file that you have edited before.
Turn off your phone, and then enter the Boot Mode Selection Menu by press and hold the following keys together (Volume Up+Volume Down+Power). Using vol down, scroll to AP Fastboot menu, and then vol up to select it.
Connect Atrix HD to PC via USB, your phone will be recognized by RSD Lite as MB886.
Now it’s time to hit the Start button, and please wait for about 10-25 minutes.
Once the flash process done, your device will reboot. Your Motorola Atrix HD (MB886) should restore to stock and unroot now.
I disconnected the cable, and now I receive the following message:
RSDLite: Failed flashing process. 1/23 flash partion \\gpt_main0.bin – Phone returned FAIL.
ATRIX HD: downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT.
Each time that I turn on the equipment, I need to go to Fastboot menu and select normal boot.

Can you help me?
Regards

timistim

Nov 9, 2007
You made the same error I did. I tried to flash back to ics which it will not allow. From here you can either deal with the having to turn your phone off and volume up, down and power at the same time to booty your phone, or you can run the latest file that has been uploaded by the firmware team to get rid of it. Unfortunately this will put your phone to unrooted jelly bean with no real possibility of root at the moment.

The file name is MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip .

Good luck.

Reactions: adfurgerson

ThaDSman

You made the same error I did. I tried to flash back to ics which it will not allow. From here you can either deal with the having to turn your phone off and volume up, down and power at the same time to booty your phone, or you can run the latest file that has been uploaded by the firmware team to get rid of it. Unfortunately this will put your phone to unrooted jelly bean with no real possibility of root at the moment.

The file name is MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip .

Good luck.

I did the exact same thing, but rsd general wont flash even the latest it still fails

caucasion

Feb 23, 2011
It won't work it says unknown command
Flash failed .fix this or remove

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

timistim

Nov 9, 2007
It won't work it says unknown command
Flash failed .fix this or remove

I forgot you need to edit the xml file and remove a couple lines. I don't have the file on this computer or else I would tell you exactly what they are. When you try to flash though it will say it fails on something like getvar just remove the lines that have getvar in it, there should only be two or three lines that need to be removed.

caucasion

Feb 23, 2011
Plz tell me so I can fix my phone I'm on the leak and rooted but there's more to jellybean than the leak

ReverseZero

Dec 4, 2010
Last I heard, if you're on an att phone, do not flash the JB xml with RSD because of the locked bootloader. There's a thread in General under "Leaked 4.1.1 FXZ" where sometime tried flashing this and bricked his phone beyond repair.

caucasion

Feb 23, 2011
It worked for me five tymes I've wiped it out five tymes and still running perfect so if u want to go back to jb stock all clear

DasUberKraut

Jan 2, 2013
So this will fix the Atrix HD that starts into bootloader everytime? I just got a replacement through Asurion 3 days ago and I messed up and updated to Jelly Bean before I rooted it. Then the nightmare began. Couldn't figure out the AHD Utility that was supposed to fix this also.

It was suggested I call Asurion insurance in a couple weeks and tell them I lost the phone before I could send it back and switch motherboards from the broken LCD phone with Rooted Jelly Bean. But I think they'd be able to track the IMEI and punish me for keeping it.

Please help!!! I'm freaking out and I'm sick of this black blob in the center of my screen. Thankyou in advance.

Can't seem to get this too work either? It requires a password to unzip.

ReverseZero

Dec 4, 2010
It worked for me five tymes I've wiped it out five tymes and still running perfect so if u want to go back to jb stock all clear

And you have AT&T version of the phone? Locked bootloader? Just wanting to double check because I want stock right now as I'm not taking advantage of root and don't want to brick. Someone tried this and bricked their phone because it was intended for Bell unlocked bootloader phones.

caucasion

Feb 23, 2011
All clear just replace XML file given then wipe phone

penser

Jan 17, 2013
Is it possible to downgrade the AT&T Atrix HD back to ICS to root? I can't find any solid facts, some places say yes, some say no, some say look around to see anyone else's issues. I don't know where to look. I can't find solid facts and would like an answer.

ReverseZero seems to be saying no, Winiwini seems to be saying no, I don't know what to do. I have the RSD and ICS .xml, but I don't want to risk a brick or anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck.
    Yes people have flashed back to ICS successfully...you dont need boot strap...you need to unlock BL, and flash recovery, then you flash custom ROMS...