[ROM][JB] CyanogenMod 10 [Final #2] [Fast & Stable][Fully Working] + SlimBean[Build1]

Search This thread

djpailo

Jul 28, 2012
How do I install this using fastboot? Can I just use the files in the zipfile and follow the normal procedure?

prwnd

Sep 11, 2011
I completely disabled swap. The random reboots disappeared, but the system became so slow I can not find words for that. So I'm thinking to reactivate swap again, with 256 MB swap the system was blazing fast - with random reboots.

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
Same here. It would be perfect without random restarts... there is some problem with reading swap partition sometimes... I don't know why, but it causes that the kernel crashes so the system reboots.
Maybe it would be the solution to move all internal memory to SD card and make swap from internal memory, it was mentioned earlier, but I don't know how to do it.
I'm thinking about going back to 2.3.7 (no swap needed with this version) or buying a new phone.
Those random restarts and slowiness are disaster and starting to get on my nerves :(

Last edited:

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
It is disaster. I really don't know, how to set it right in order to work. Every day 8 sudden restarts. It is so slow, that I would have to use so many four letter words to be able to describe it. And it is slow even with swap.

Despite it this ROM is good, maybe if someone use only 10 or 20 apps, it could work well. Yet I need 60 apps and more.

I can no longer use this ROM and this phone. I have spent so much time when trying to set it right or tune the settings, but nothing has helped. I have wasted so much time when waiting till GUI responds, waiting till it boots, waiting till an app starts, etc...

It will pay off to buy a new phone for even $500 than to continue using this GT540, because in that wasted time I would earn money for ten new phones. I'm sorry.

I'm going to restore some 2.3.x version and to try sell it.

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
It is disaster. I really don't know, how to set it right in order to work. Every day 8 sudden restarts. It is so slow, that I would have to use so many four letter words to be able to describe it. And it is slow even with swap.

Despite it this ROM is good, maybe if someone use only 10 or 20 apps, it could work well. Yet I need 60 apps and more.

I can no longer use this ROM and this phone. I have spent so much time when trying to set it right or tune the settings, but nothing has helped. I have wasted so much time when waiting till GUI responds, waiting till it boots, waiting till an app starts, etc...

It will pay off to buy a new phone for even $500 than to continue using this GT540, because in that wasted time I would earn money for ten new phones. I'm sorry.

I'm going to restore some 2.3.x version and to try sell it.

This phone was meant to say on 2.3 for maximum stability... Well it is 3 years old...

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
I know, but it would be so cool if it worked :(

BTW I used my previous phone Siemens C75 for 7 years and now I'm still using it with my second sim card. Lifetime of a smartphone is very short and then you can throw it away :(

EDIT: If this problem with reading swap could be solved, it would be the best phone!

Last attempt... I've deleted the swap partition.

Last edited:

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
My /data partition is almost full, I can't shrink it. Or did you mean to move all data from /data to sd card and to create swap partition instead of /data? If yes, how?

Last edited:

HeD_pE

Apr 24, 2012
Sintra
My /data partition is almost full, I can't shrink it. Or did you mean to move all data from /data to sd card and to create swap partition instead of /data? If yes, how?

Man my opinion, don't even bother trying to find a magical solution that makes this phone fast and smooth with 60+ apps in JB when even the fastest GB rom won't be. I have around 40 apps in mine with zoe 7 and guess what? Clear memory is my best friend, even with swap!

If you want to load the phone that way, get used to that type of unresponsiveness and waste of time and live with it while you don't buy a new phone.
You can still try 2.1 or 2.2 roms...

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
Well, it seems my worries are history.
Yesterday my phone was working perfectly without swap for whole day. Unfortunatelly in the evening something happened, phone suddenly restarted and didn't boot. It hangs on Cyanogen(mod) logo. I tried to wipe all data and install ROM again, it worked, but after second restart it stopped to boot again. I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: After wiping data system starts again, so maybe there is some problem in /data or /cache partition?

Last edited:

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
Well, it seems my worries are history.
Yesterday my phone was working perfectly without swap for whole day. Unfortunatelly in the evening something happened, phone suddenly restarted and didn't boot. It hangs on Cyanogen(mod) logo. I tried to wipe all data and install ROM again, it worked, but after second restart it stopped to boot again. I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: After wiping data system starts again, so maybe there is some problem in /data or /cache partition?

Mate i suggest you move to another ROM preferably 2.3.7 Gingerbread.:fingers-crossed:

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
Well, I know, it could be better with 2.3.7, but I just never downgrade anything, it is hard to explain why :) once I installed 4.1.2, I'm not going to install anything lower :) but I think I won't install 4.2.x or 4.3.x, yet never say never :)

Anyway I don't know, what happened, but after 2 factory resets my phone works like a charm - on 4.1.2, with 60 apps and without swap. No random reboots for 2 days. It is a miracle! I hope it will last long.
I must create a backup with CWM now!

This ROM is really good :) but sometimes it is difficult to maintain it so.

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
Man my opinion, don't even bother trying to find a magical solution that makes this phone fast and smooth with 60+ apps in JB when even the fastest GB rom won't be. I have around 40 apps in mine with zoe 7 and guess what? Clear memory is my best friend, even with swap!

If you want to load the phone that way, get used to that type of unresponsiveness and waste of time and live with it while you don't buy a new phone.
You can still try 2.1 or 2.2 roms...

Don't even expect 2.3 and under to be smooth as it doesn't have basic hardware acceleration.
Have you tried lag fix fstrim? Google's solution in 4.3 to speed up nexus 7s when storage gets below the 3gb margin?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...gle&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=lagfix+fstrim

Don't have to get do defensive over a old low end phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
Don't even expect 2.3 and under to be smooth as it doesn't have basic hardware acceleration.
Have you tried lag fix fstrim? Google's solution in 4.3 to speed up nexus 7s when storage gets below the 3gb margin?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...gle&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=lagfix+fstrim

Don't have to get do defensive over a old low end phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Yes, I've tried it. According this app fstrim is not supported in my phone:
# fstrim -v /system
fstrim: FSTRIM: Not a typewriter

# fstrim -v /data

# fstrim -v /cache

TRIM is not supported on the following partitions:
/system, /data, /cache
This is either hardware or kernel issue and can not be worked around.

I've tried to run this command in the terminal but without succes:

$ su
$ fstrim
sh: fstrim: not found

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
So, my phone is stable and fast. But one little disadvantage remains - I cannot have two application running. Even the launcher is killed when it is in background very often. I cannot let the sports tracker app running and switch to something else, sports tracker is killed when became inactive, which is unpleasant.

Well, I could live with that, but it would be better, if I could enable/disable swap during runtime. Is there any command for it?
If yes, I would recreate the swap partition and created two icons on the desktop with Script manager for enabling and disabling swap.
Sometimes I could use more RAM only for short period, then I would disable it again.

Kugelfischmau

Mar 14, 2009
Very nice and smooth Rom, but i have the problem that after every reboot i have to switch off the physical keyboard. Otherwise the software keyboard doesn´t pop up...is it only my issue? Is there a fix? or has to be changed in the source code, cause the port is from a phone with hardware keyboard?
Thx in advance

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
... enable/disable swap during runtime. Is there any command for it? ...

I figured it out myself.

Code:
swapoff /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
... and swapon.

This command shows a list of enabled swaps:
Code:
cat /proc/swaps

I'm going to create icons for these commands on the desktop with SManager.

Last edited:

H0w4rd

Sep 16, 2012
Oh no. I've just set everything, restarted phone and it hangs on cyanogen(mod) logo again.
How can I find out where the problem is?
How can I read the internal memory or get some log files?
There must be some way.
I don't want to restore ROM again, oh nooo noo again, it is like hell...

EDIT: There must be some problem in /data partiton, because after wiping it in CWM it will work. But I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this almost every week. I don't deserve this misery :(

EDIT2: I run CWM and made a backup and then immediately I restored this backup and my phone works again... at least I have a workaround and know, that there is a way how to get it working.

Last edited:

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
Member , dalvik to cache script working that:
On first boot whole dalvik-cache apps is located in data/dalvik-cache . So you have now small free space on this partition (around 90Mb).
On secound boot, dalvik to cache script move up only system app's dalvik to /cache/dalvik-cache and created symlinks on /data/dalvik-cache.
So , now you have + 40MB more on /data .
When you wipe dalvik-cache in Recovery , and don't have enough free space for whole dc on /data = bootloop!

Reactions: prwnd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][JB] CyanogenMod 10 [Final #2] [Fast & Stable][Fully Working] + SlimBean[Build1]

Hello everyone!
    CyanogenMod 10 Final version by me.

It's latest version from me so , don't expect another updates.

Changelog #2:
    - update to latest , stable CM10 sources (armv6)
    - more fast , better multitasking
    - manual network searching and selecting works perfect
    - HW avi decoding (not perfect , but enough good)
    - fixed ''crazy'' colors in some h264 videos (ofc not tested every coders)
    - adreno drivers from 4.2.2 (P500)
    - Search key to play/pause and double click next music
    - added Bravia Engine for better pictures/videos quality (not really sure , but i think working , videos quality is very good)
    - fixed soft reboot when taping lauder speaker in dialer
    - fixed 6 level speakerphone's volume when calling
    - added IME keyboard from P500 (T9)
    - fixed video playback in browser
    - many new , good build.prop tweaks
    - some changes in system apps
    - panorama mode fixed
    - and others little changes (updating Launcher , CM bootanimation , sounds from 4.2.2 , better bitrate in camcorder etc.)

Recommended Performance Settings
    Procesor - Interactive/SmartassV2 , Min.245Mhz , Max.600Mhz or higher

Governors - noop

Memory Menagment - zRAM 26 , enable , enable

Others - default
    Developer options
    All animations disable or 0,5x

This is the best Jelly Bean for our GT540 , i doing everything what's i can.

Rom looks very stable , but i didn't have much time to test everything (and ofcourse i don't need to test everything).
    I'm only human. 3 days without any problems - no reboot , no freezes , no fc apps.

Changelog Final version:
    - fully support Bluetooth Headset ( now we can dialing via BT)
    - DSP Manager now working with any audio/video players ( not only Apollo)
    - fixed Power Menu ,,glitch''
    - H263 Camcorder encoder ( better recording speed )
    - added FM Radio ( if u want listen , go to and set Settings > Audio > Method > msm7x30 sysfs
    Settings > Audio > Output > Stereo Force )
    - some changed in system apps

What's work:

Fully working CyanogenMod 10 for LG GT540

What's not work:
    - ?

System is fast , stable and smooth .

No swap needed! But if you want have more free ram , i recommended max 64MB!

Included some battery saver and performance tweaks.

System partition - min.180MB
    For SlimBean 165MB

Installation:
    - Go to Recovery ( CWM 5+ tested)
    - backup your rom
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - mounts and storage > format system , sdext , boot
    - choose zip from sdcard
    - install my zip
    - reboot system
    - reboot once more to dalvik- cache relocate
    - done

Deepsleep not work when bluetooth/wifi is on , remember , if u dont used it , turn off to save battery!

To save good videos quality in gallery [without sh*t color banding , like 16bit depth colors] , please make it always on - Settings > Performance > Surface improvement > Fix color banding and blur effect

Thanks to Miroslav_MM , Rashed97 and LeoPosas.

Download Final #2 Version
    For Recovery
    http://www.mediafire.com/?by53i2dsyeqm072

Download SlimBean Build1
    For Recovery
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zoh8co7cuxcu0hb/Slimbean_for_GT540_Build1.zip

'' Attention! If you do not see Windows MTP USB driver, remove from folder Windows/inf/ files wpdmtp.inf and wpdmtp.PNF
    ''

Are u using Ad-Hoc networks? Read this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39168727&postcount=171
    New version should be in Monday , before 12 PM. And yes , will be the best JB for our phone , maybe the best 4.x.x . Looks very fast and stable at this moment.
    Installing this rom as we speak... seems OK from what I'm reading here.
    Also, it would be nice if you posted some screenshots.

Anyway, what I want to ask is this:
    Does this rom have any tweaks installed? Like V6 SuperCharger, Kick Ass Kernelizer or 3G TurboCharger?
    If it does, please mention these tweaks to the OP.

No , this rom not have any performance tweaks , its clean. Only scripts from me is dalvik-cache relocater ( to save more space on data partition) and sdbooster.

Good news , guys. I fixed voice recording.
    Final version and changelog in first post , have fun people!
    New version and changelog in first post. Have fun!