[Q] kfhd missing storage space

Search This thread

moiragreen

Jan 3, 2014
i put twrp on my kindle form this thread:
[REF] Installing Kindle Fire HD 7" 2nd-Bootloader + TWRP Complete Tutorial
after that my free storage is reduced to 2 gb. when i look under device/ storage somthing called "others" using up 10 gb. i redid the whole thing still the same. what should i do?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
What's the exact path to the folder you are referring to? All twrp does is flash the recovery partition, and 2nd boot loader doesn't really use up any space since its not exactly a physical file if I remember right, I believe it's stored in the kernel.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
i put twrp on my kindle form this thread:
[REF] Installing Kindle Fire HD 7" 2nd-Bootloader + TWRP Complete Tutorial
after that my free storage is reduced to 2 gb. when i look under device/ storage somthing called "others" using up 10 gb. i redid the whole thing still the same. what should i do?

You probably had this issue before modding. Restore back to complete factory status and then let your tablet update automatically (OTA.) This should fix the issue.

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
I'm willing to bet if you poke around you will find a twrp backup folder they are typically 2 gigs and don't show up right in the used space

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

moiragreen

Jan 3, 2014
What's the exact path to the folder you are referring to? All twrp does is flash the recovery partition, and 2nd boot loader doesn't really use up any space since its not exactly a physical file if I remember right, I believe it's stored in the kernel.

I was misleading with using the slash. I ment 'Storage' under 'Device' in kindle settings.

You probably had this issue before modding. Restore back to complete factory status and then let your tablet update automatically (OTA.) This should fix the issue.

After twrp, i modded with Kinology. Issue remained. Did a hundred reset, whipe cash, dalvik cash, ect. Still not working. Restored the whole thing with KFHD_SRTv1.3.5 option 1, thats restore back to stack whith root (without root option did not work, it kept saying device cannot boot). I think that was 7.3.1. Updated to 7.4.6, put twrp with fireflash and again there was a whole lot of nothing using 10 gigs.

I'm willing to bet if you poke around you will find a twrp backup folder they are typically 2 gigs and don't show up right in the used space

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Poked around a lot looking for files like that, I found twrp backup folder whitch was empty, I booted in twrp and scavenged for hidden files, nothing came up like there wouldn't be anything except system.

I really would miss twrp, becase it allowed me to use Kinology which fullfilled my every need that I have for a tablet. Still dont want to sacrifice 10 gb for it. Is it possible that fireflash somehow partitioned it? Sorry if I ask stupid questions. I'm close to a surgeon when it comes to my kindle: I read a lot about it, only understood the half of it but doing it anyway.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Did a hundred reset, whipe cash, dalvik cash, ect. Still not working. Restored the whole thing with KFHD_SRTv1.3.5 option 1, thats restore back to stack whith root (without root option did not work, it kept saying device cannot boot). I think that was 7.3.1. Updated to 7.4.6, put twrp with fireflash and again there was a whole lot of nothing using 10 gigs.

Do a complete factory reset and then wait for an OTA update. Then this will fix it. You must let an OTA update happen. Get ris of root, the whole nine yards.