[Q] New to rooting and XDA! So hi! :D few questions...

Search This thread

Archon453

Feb 11, 2014
Alright, so I'm pretty new to all of this. I've read the threads here for probably 2 years, and finally decided to join because I rooted my phone. It's rather old to be honest my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy Gio. Gt-S5660M (Canadian) (M). Well anyways due to it being a Samsung phone, and my phone having stock kernel. I believe that's how it is. Plus it having the stock rom, but bing rooted, the files for startup animations are called - "samsungboot.qmg" , They all have that suffix of .qmg . So its made trying to understand how to implant a new boot animation rather difficult. Should I root my phone to a different version in hopes that it changes the system files and no longer requires a qmg. File but rather can utilize a bootanimation.zip file instead? I could be completely off, mainly the reason I am assuming this is becausemost pre-made animations are built in a .zip format. Well any help would be much appreciated, I'd like to learn as much as possible about what is possible and can be achieved. Or how to change that animation would suffice. :p . Currently running GB 2.3.4 rooted. If any specs are needed I'd be glad to share. Even images of the system folders if it helps anyone in aiding me.

Archon453

Feb 11, 2014
Alright, that would make sense! :D

You have to use ODIN, look for it on the search pane.-:silly::good::cyclops:

But, still though, I will have to take a look into it, what exactly will I be doing in odin? Does it convert file format, or am I changing my phone's OS again? Having to use Odin is better than me being in the dark, but I'm just curious as to how it helps with my problem. Thank you for your reply however. :) Hopefully you can help me work through this. -.-

Archon453

Feb 11, 2014
Well, my phone is already rooted... I had a rather specific question about getting a custom booting animation... And then wanted to know how exactly Odin would aid me with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to use ODIN

You have to use ODIN, look for it on the search pane.-:silly::good::cyclops: