[Q] Touch screen stops responding must reboot to fix

Search This thread

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Recently two n5 we have in the family started doing the same thing,
touch screen is not responsive (buttons do work) and the device must be
rebooted holding the power button to get it working again.
Quite annoying since it happens couple times every day.
Searched around but didn't find any reports.
Both phones stock, rooted, gravity box and touch control installed.

Any ideas?
Thanks

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
I'm going to take a wild guess here, But try uninstalling touch control and see if the problem occurs again. touch control has no issues on my phone btw.

Reactions: lifeisfun

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
I'm going to take a wild guess here, But try uninstalling touch control and see if the problem occurs again. touch control has no issues on my phone btw.

Thanks for reply!
What kernel are you using with touch control (Franco 33)?
It was working perfect for us with Franco till about rev 29, after that we got problems with graphic errors on the display once in the while, relished stock offered from touch control installation, and now this problem for change.

Last edited:

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Thanks for reply!
It was working perfect for us with Franco till about rev 29, after that we got problems with graphic errors on the display once in the while, relished stock offered from touch control installation, and now this problem for change.

Yes i'm using franco r33, I reverted to from r34 due to otg issues that I need to get around to sorting out. Hope things go well for you.

Reactions: lifeisfun

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
Just had to be send mine back for same problem, only turning it off didn't fix my problem. Not rooted

AdamUpNorth

Apr 29, 2010
Hmm...this just started happening to be as week this week. Happened twice today. I'm running the stock ROM & kernel.

I wonder if an update to some app is causing this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Installed FC 33, the touch screen problem is not there anymore but the graphic distortion is back.
It happens once in the while and looks like poor TV signal for second or two.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for reply!

Yes i'm using franco r33, I reverted to from r34 due to otg issues that I need to get around to sorting out. Hope things go well for you.

Thanks, will try 33 as well on one of them ?