P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone else notice how bad the back scratches on this phone

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

meest

Feb 22, 2009
Has anyone else notice how bad the back scratches on this phone

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Which finish? I have the gunmetal one and I carry it around with my battery pack in the same pocket, and with some loose change and haven't scratched it yet.

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
I'm still waiting for my case to come in mail. The one on the top is from a bump.the other scratches are just from everyday use. I'm real good at taking care of my phones.

Attachments

• 1396193733034.jpg
    1396193733034.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 728

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
thats why they make cases. its aluminum it is going to scratch

I do agree that it will scratch easy being aluminum. I just find it really unfortunate that so much time, energy and resources spent on designing a phone like this (one marketed for it's design as it's main selling point) has to be covered up with a case to be protected. That's why I don't get into the "OMGITSPLASTIC" conversations.

It's either "phone is plastic and cheap so I must put a case on it" or "phone is premium and sexy aluminum that will easily get damaged so I must put a case on it".

Not bashing, just think it's unfortunate.

Reactions: d1ez3

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
Funny.... I didn't even think of that. Its aluminum and it does scratch easy. ****!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I do agree that it will scratch easy being aluminum. I just find it really unfortunate that so much time, energy and resources spent on designing a phone like this (one marketed for it's design as it's main selling point) has to be covered up with a case to be protected. That's why I don't get into the "OMGITSPLASTIC" conversations.

It's either "phone is plastic and cheap so I must put a case on it" or "phone is premium and sexy aluminum that will easily get damaged so I must put a case on it".

Exactly, there's always at least one that complains. Shot, where can i find a $500,000 car that doesn't scratch? LOL, same concept people, stuff scratches, don't lose sleep over it. Id take this build on a device any day over plastic that snaps and breaks if dropped vs this kind of build which at worse might slightly dent the body and scratch but still hold it's own. Want to look fancy, wear your phone out naked as long as you can. Once it's all scratched up, then get a case. I'm OCD with this stuff so screen protector and case gets put on as soon as device is taken out of the box in store! I don't care if it comes with Gorilla Mega Super Duper Glass 1000, why take chances on something so amazing?

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Exactly, there's always at least one that complains. Shot, where can i find a $500,000 car that doesn't scratch? LOL, same concept people, stuff scratches, don't lose sleep over it. Id take this build on a device any day over plastic that snaps and breaks if dropped vs this kind of build which at worse might slightly dent the body and scratch but still hold it's own. Want to look fancy, wear your phone out naked as long as you can. Once it's all scratched up, then get a case. I'm OCD with this stuff so screen protector and case gets put on as soon as device is taken out of the box in store! I don't care if it comes with Gorilla Mega Super Duper Glass 1000, why take chances on something so amazing?

Oh ok.. well, where can I find a case to put on my "$500,000 car"?

I don't care what anyone says, if you drop a "plastic" phone..you are more than likely going to break the glass screen rather that the plastic. The same can definitely be said about a soft aluminum phone. It isn't offering anymore natural drop protection over plastic, I would argue less because it will dent and contort where plastic really won't.

It was the case with my M7 and my Note 3, both have been dropped a few times. Luckily both glass screens survived, but the Note didn't show damage from a short drop like the m7 did. My option was to cover it up with a case, hiding all the "beauty" it may have.

Now, excuse me while I go out and buy a case to hide my car and a case to cover up my pretty girlfriend. Don't want anything to get damaged, so I must cover it up!! :p:p:p

Reactions: P2o8wer

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I understand but what about a clear case??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007

I don't care what anyone says, if you drop a "plastic" phone..you are more than likely going to break the glass screen rather that the plastic. The same can definitely be said about a soft aluminum phone. It isn't offering anymore natural drop protection over plastic, I would argue less because it will dent and contort where plastic really won't.

It was the case with my M7 and my Note 3, both have been dropped a few times. Luckily both glass screens survived, but the Note didn't show damage from a short drop like the m7 did. My option was to cover it up with a case, hiding all the "beauty" it may have.

Now, excuse me while I go out and buy a case to hide my car and a case to cover up my pretty girlfriend. Don't want anything to get damaged, so I must cover it up!! :p:p:p

I see your point but my sarcastic point was that people want a scratch free device out of the box from factory. Just like a scratch free car out of factory lot. That is not possible, at least not anytime soon so like you said, battle between plastic and this metal type of casing. Personally i'll always choose a premium feeling metal type body over any kind of super duper plastic build that will just snap off from falls.

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
I see your point but my sarcastic point was that people want a scratch free device out of the box from factory. Just like a scratch free car out of factory lot. That is not possible, at least not anytime soon so like you said, battle between plastic and this metal type of casing. Personally i'll always choose a premium feeling metal type body over any kind of super duper plastic build that will just snap off from falls.

If the phone was scratched out of the box id be sending it back and would buy a 60k car if it had a scratch on it on the car lot? I wouldn't I'd ask for a different car..a scratch RESISTANT phone would be what we want out of the box.. I guess I was just use to a plastic phone.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I thought the op said it scratches easily as in saying after use and time it started to scratch. Not that out of the box it came scratched, totally different story.

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
I was commenting on ur sarcastic point in ur last comment, but it doesn't matter. Have a good day bro..

Reactions: deeznuts

daboyal006

Jan 28, 2013
I bought the the clear case from the Verizon store ..it's shows the back and protects at the same time with a bumper casing around it..def worthy of my 15 bucks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: P2o8wer

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
I would just get it covered in a clear film. You could use "Ghost Armor" or just get a nice skin online. Depending on whether you want to see the original finish. I hate cases myself and never use one, instead opting for skins as I only really care about scratch protection. I also don't use screen protectors as GG3 is strong enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was commenting on ur sarcastic point in ur last comment, but it doesn't matter. Have a good day bro..
    I bought the the clear case from the Verizon store ..it's shows the back and protects at the same time with a bumper casing around it..def worthy of my 15 bucks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app