[Q] Google Apps on a CM7 ?

Search This thread

runarorn

Feb 8, 2011
I flashed CM7 and gapps.

Now i was wondering how i can get the google apps?
Google Maps
Google Latitude
Goggle Mail
etc.
(would like all the google apps that came originally with the phone)

I'm new to the whole Desire world :)

warlordxxx

Dec 4, 2010
Vermont
I may be wrong with this so please wait til someone confirms but i think you can remove the apks' from another downloaded ROM and install them to your own. Just download the zip file of a seperate ROM find all the APK files you need and install ....

Not sure if any of these files have extra files on the ROM that you need to move with them so like i say please wait for someone with more knowledge to respond

Reactions: pain89 and runarorn

runarorn

Feb 8, 2011
I didn't find it in market.

So i re-flashed the CM7 and gapps and got the menu where i can choose what i want to download. But it aswell couldn't find maps and gmail.

I had created .apk for all google apps of oxygen so everything works now.

Thanks for the help :)

SViS

Feb 10, 2011
That sounds very strange.

I flashed last night my HTC Desire to CM7, and flashed the gapps universal dpi.
With the first boot I was asked which Apps I would install and Maps & Latitude are downloaded from the Market.

Maybe you had the wrong gapps installed...

juergen852

Oct 29, 2006
That sounds very strange.

I flashed last night my HTC Desire to CM7, and flashed the gapps universal dpi.
With the first boot I was asked which Apps I would install and Maps & Latitude are downloaded from the Market.

Maybe you had the wrong gapps installed...

Same problem here. I installed the same way as you did, got the same install menue and some google apps were installed.

But not Maps and Earth.

So I tried via market. I find Maps and Earth in market but when I try to download, nothing happens. Can't DL, so can't install.

Tried Nightlies 25 to 33 with same result.
Also tried full wipe, but nothing changes....

artukas613

Jan 12, 2010
Same problem here. I installed the same way as you did, got the same install menue and some google apps were installed.

But not Maps and Earth.

So I tried via market. I find Maps and Earth in market but when I try to download, nothing happens. Can't DL, so can't install.

Tried Nightlies 25 to 33 with same result.
Also tried full wipe, but nothing changes....

Dont know about problem. Try downloading apks from internet via browser.
http://www.freewarelovers.com/hotlinkmenot/temp/4b13db/1293458751_Google_Earth_1.2.1.apk
http://www.freewarelovers.com/hotlinkmenot/temp/24735c/1296647290_com.google.android.apps.maps-2.apk

:)

Reactions: juergen852

medowl

Feb 10, 2011
i had the same problem with CM7 #34 on the first try (only cleared data/cache before flash)
gapps universal start up just fine, but failed on downloading maps
also when trying later directly from the market the download failed without any error, it just stopped..

cleared data/cache & dalvik cache and reflashed CM7, after that it worked fine..

SViS

Feb 10, 2011
Very strange, I have no such problems with flashing the google addon.

I have downloaded CM7 Nightly #32 last week, and am going to flash a newer version soon.

Good luck everyone.

xelra

Sep 16, 2010
That's probably because you are not in the US and not all apps are available everywhere. E.g. GMail isn't available, for whatever STUPID reasons, in the German market for me.

If you want it, all you can do is getting an app called "market access". It will allow you to emulate a SIM card from T-Mobile US and then you have access to everything.

Last edited:

ddps

Jan 26, 2009
Paris

thanks you for your external link , works now google map.
after install this , i could use market link for install google map directly too this.

Top Liked Posts