Donate some money to DoomLord to get him an SXS! Donated so far: 592 USD

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Nice! I expect some magic in the coming weeks ;) (Unless the bootloader bug is holding you back)

bootloader bug is a BIG problem... its delaying everything, right from recovery to custom kernels to CyanogenMod :(

Now the development section will be more active :)

;)

Received you 20 USD donation! thanks!

Well done guys on this, awesome effort.

Doomlord just curious at some point if you ever have time, can you give your overall impressions/experience on the XPS compared to your One X? :)

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

hell ya... i will test it out for few days and then post in detail...

BTW i compared same 6 images (varied in color/etc) on the ARC, SGS2, ONE X & Xperia S (all at 100% brightness)... the Xperia S has beats all of them!!! its got an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING display... though i think its display is slightly saturated...

Well done!! I hope you'll enjoy your new Xperia! :)
Now.. can you enable the CRT off animation?? :p

i am a kernel, recovery, rooting guy... dont know much abt ROM modding ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: somemadcaaant

farvin

Apr 28, 2011
That's great news ? so let's hope that boot loader bug can be fixed and it soon will be possible to easy root. Looking forward to all the great things you will do for this handset. THX, Doomlord

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
ok so guys i have some good news and some bad news...

good news is recovery work is progressing well... finally getting recovery to be displayed but still there are LOTS of issues...

bad news is that even if i get recovery to work its useless, unless we have patched bootloaders from Sony...

gm007

May 29, 2011
ok so guys i have some good news and some bad news...

good news is recovery work is progressing well... finally getting recovery to be displayed but still there are LOTS of issues...

bad news is that even if i get recovery to work its useless, unless we have patched bootloaders from Sony...

It's ok I think we can wait another one month for sony :D
Are you working on touch recovery? ??

Static-Noise

Jun 21, 2011
What does that mean for the end user?
Well we have problems using custom ROMs, or what will it mean?

Thank you for your continued with. Donations with every penny. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I JUST got the device!
    White one :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR DONATING THE DEVICE TO ME!!!

Will continue testing recovery today ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
    I am sure most of you here know about DoomLord!

He is an experienced developer and has done great works for many previous Xperia Models! Do check his signature in the link below.

We (SXS owners) are all waiting for DoomLord to get an SXS in his hands! But unfortunately its not yet launched in his country. He couldn't wait any more for it and he just bought an 'HTC One X' today!

Link Here!

SXS is a great mobile. And with developers like DoomLord we can expect great things in the mobile. Now we just have to donate some money to him so that he can get an SXS and start development in it. What say buddies?

Thanks to the following who donated DoomLord to get him an SXS.

Code:
    [SIZE="1"]All in USD[/SIZE]

Slid_the_First	5
    cholek3	10
    RawkBob	15
    harfot	15
    djguml	20
    kenan3cn	20
    mart35	25
    Arabaldo	15
    GT35pro	12
    bognik	10
    cngn	100
    Kingcool88	15
    black97one	40
    huss66	15
    superlimau	5
    Gyrael	10
    Somemadcaaant	50
    jimi83	10
    schalmers	20
    sixdaysandy	20
    poo-tang (Xperia Gamer)	40
    seburton	10
    Rheidizded	5
    awf	15
    MaXmeOliver	10
    Axell31	15
    evo02	15
    goodwin_c	10
    gaspoza	10
    roadracer	15
    wing_zero8556	15
    gm007	20
    bustervic	10

Please do PM me to report anything regarding this post!
    Yes, I will make a donation...Uh oh, i just did it! :)
    there are any way to press sony? i guess they know the problem right now, seems they keep an eye to dev side.

apparently the unable to boot custom kernel bug was because of kernel itself and FreeXperia Team have fixed it!!!
    Is there a way to set up a donation system where the money is pledged but only actually taken when a goal is reached. That way we could all 'donate' but if the goal is never reached, we wouldn't actually be paying.

yes u are right... so we can have something like "pledges", where in users who are willing to donate put up pledges of the amount they are willing to donate... if the final pledges come to target amount only then everyone can start donating...

in my opinion this is a very transparent way where in everyone knows clearly what is going on...

we did this for the Xperia Play and it worked out well... u can ask the whole Xperia Play community for the development support i give...

i am very much interested in Xperia S but stupid Sony has delayed its launch here in India... i had already begun work for custom kernels, everything was nicely setup (kernel sources, patches, git repos) but this weird bootloader issue is annoying, else u guys would have had a working custom kernel 2 weeks back :p

BUT again i want to remind everyone that this is totally upto the community... i am not forcing anyone to donate, nor am i begging for a device :p i already develop for the Xperia Arc, Play and just bought the HTC One X so i am already very happy with the devices i have :)...