Any reason to get an AT&T Note 3 over T-Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fallon

Jan 23, 2007
Parker
I'm thinking about picking up a used Note 3 to use on my AT&T account. Is there any reason to get an AT&T branded note over T-Mobile branded?

I can SIM unlock the T-Mobile, but would have to deal with locked bootloaders with AT&T. All the supported bands are there using the T-Mobile on AT&T, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
I used the T-Mobile Note 3 for a while. I unlocked it using Chanfire's app. When using my AT&T sim card in it, I found the LTE to be horrible, despite supporting band 17 (700mhz) In places where I had average LTE on the iPhone, the TMO N3 would be on H+ or have the worst LTE signal. This was frustrating. I took it back. It was fun to flash roms and kernels though.

I got an awesome deal on a new AT&T note 3 where I couldn't pass it up haha. At first I noticed my AT&T LTE signal was not as good as it should be. I then created a thread about it. I cleared the cache in my phone and did a full factory reset. Now my LTE seems fine. Constantly sitting on -93db on my desk where my iPhone gets the same.

I'm pretty happy now with my AT&T Note 3. Rooting was so easy and gives me everything a custom rom would.

bormasina

May 11, 2011
Yep, the LTE (band 17) on my N900T is horrible. My neighbor has N900A and we compared them side by side (with punching *#0011# and monitoring signal on both devices) and my N900T was always showing signal that was ~15db lower than the N900A. Gonna sell it. Will wait for Xperia Z2.

done12many2

Mar 29, 2007
Virginia
I agree completely with Matt and bormasina.

I just sold my N900T and bought a N900A and have noticed a dramatic improving, specifically in LTE bandwidth.

Hands down, the AT&T version performs better on an AT&T network. Go figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah. Is it a coincidence that the ATT version perms better on the network it designed for? I'm sure ATT optimizes their signals in their phones for the proper frequencies.

I'm actually sitting in a place where my N900T would sit on a -105dbm signal and right now my N900A has been locked on a solid -89dbm. Night and day difference.

Go with the At&T version. The T-Mobile version is fine though if your on their network. But AWS still does suck in general when it comes to signal strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.