Windows Explorer has stopped working. Movie transfer to tablet

Search This thread

haverdaden

Sep 11, 2011
Purmo
pff why do my windows explorer crash when i try to send movie files to the tablet i attached a pic so you can see the error details.

Enough memory: Yes
Can you transfer other files: Yes but not movies lol
Have i tested to use an other computer: yes and that worked with a 1080p movie.

dlr

Last edited:

Bikegeek

Feb 5, 2007
Something in Windoze Explorer doesn't like the movie file extensions (mkv, avi, etc.) Try renaming the file with a jpg extension. Once copied, rename with the proper extension.

Reactions: haverdaden

xcal321

Aug 13, 2012
pff why do my windows explorer crash when i try to send movie files to the tablet i attached a pic so you can see the error details.

Like FineWolf mentioned, it's the DivX explorer plug-in (DivXMFSource.dll) that is causing the crash. It's a known problem for over 3 years, just google for the file name.

You can uninstall DivX all together or just disable the explorer plug-in using Shell Extensions Manager from NirSoft (google for ShellExView, can't post links yet).

Reactions: coalpatch

Bikegeek

Feb 5, 2007
Ok, I'm learning. I have NirSoft but don't see that plug-in anywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nor do I see it the System32 folder (if that's where it should be)?

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California

Enough memory: Yes
Can you transfer other files: Yes but not movies lol
Have i tested to use an other computer: yes and that worked with a 1080p movie.

dlr

It is unfortunate that he still has nonfree software in his computer.

He needs to defenestrate it (which means, either throw Windows out of the computer or throw the computer out of the window).

-Richard Stallman

le rustle face

BxMxK

Aug 15, 2012
Fort Belvoir
Try using a file copy manager. I use supercopier on all of my windows machines (xp and 7). Always get better transfer speeds and haven't had any problems yet. I've transfered several multi-gigabyte avi's to and from my tablet without issue.

macaumen

Jan 5, 2011
I basically used AirDroid to transfer anything to my tablet. Wireless and it's not slow. No problem at all. =]

xcal321

Aug 13, 2012
Ok, I'm learning. I have NirSoft but don't see that plug-in anywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nor do I see it the System32 folder (if that's where it should be)?

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you having the same issues? Do you have DivX installed?

I don't have DivX installed (I use Xvid), so I don't know if it should be in system32. If you are on W7 x64 and DivX installs a 32-bit plug-in in the system folder, it will probably in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, not in C:\Windows\System32. This might also explain why you might not see the plug-in. Try running ShellExView with the /wow64 command line parameter (as mentioned on the original download page).

Bikegeek

Feb 5, 2007
Yes, I have had the same issue and now I know why. Yes, I have DivX installed, it's necessary for some video work I do. I did not find the dll in the SysWOW64 folder either. I now keep my movies on the SD card and simply take it out to copy them to it. Good info.

xcal321

Aug 13, 2012
I did not find the dll in the SysWOW64 folder either.

The plug-in could also be in a folder under program files (or program files(x86) if it's 32-bit).

The alternative could be to not use explorer, or at least not browse to the folder where the file is going to be copied, until it has been copied over. I use Total Commander with the LAN plug-in to copy from the tablet to my PC or NAS. Any SMB (or samba) capable file explorer app will do the trick. Just make sure you have created a share on the PC, so you can access it from the tablet. The advantage is that you do not need to hook up the tablet to the PC using USB.

Michael Carleone

Mar 3, 2012
I too get the same error message, I uninstalled DIVX and ran a registry cleaner after I used REVO Uninstaller to ensure all remnants of DIVX are gone. I still get the same error message. Still dll wasn't deleted. I did run Search Everything and it found two of the same, one in the x86 and regular 64 bit folders. I did delete and the copying works.

As far as Supercopier goes, It is not user friendly at the least. Plus, it doesn't recognize my tablet in My Computer.

Last edited:

zopfan

Dec 2, 2010
Whenever I connect my Sony Xperia to any pc/laptop over usb cable (mostly MTP mode) or wifi. It hangs the PC or takes too long to perform any file operation. So much so, that in the end I either have to end the task or reboot the PC (or sometimes plugging out the usb cable also frees the PC).

I've a 32 GB Class 10 Sandisc SD Card and Sony Vaio Win7 Ultimate SP1 64bit windows with 4 GB Ram 2.2 GHz Dual Core.
Have tried reinstalling the OS. My internal 12 Gb is filled around 70% and 32 gb SD chip is too filled around 75%. And Cable can't be faulty because the same it does with Wifi connectivity also.

Airdroid is not one of my favourite. I was looking for something which would be as fast as cable-connection is.
And after reading this thread, I was searching for DivX in Shell Ext Viwer, but it wasn't there. I also looked into SyWow64, ProgramFiles (x86), ProgramFiles, but couldn't find any file named/starting with Divx.

Can anyone point me to right direction. I'm troubling google for the solution for past many days and one of the webpages google sent me to was this very!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Something in Windoze Explorer doesn't like the movie file extensions (mkv, avi, etc.) Try renaming the file with a jpg extension. Once copied, rename with the proper extension.

Like FineWolf mentioned, it's the DivX explorer plug-in (DivXMFSource.dll) that is causing the crash. It's a known problem for over 3 years, just google for the file name.

You can uninstall DivX all together or just disable the explorer plug-in using Shell Extensions Manager from NirSoft (google for ShellExView, can't post links yet).