New OTA still at 4.0.4

Search This thread

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
Just got the new OTA, but still no Jelly Bean. I777UCLL6

IMEISV is now at version 7. No other changes I can see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364567965046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364567965046.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 945
Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

sir_dwtc

Apr 18, 2012
It looks like it updated Kies Air, and now the Facebook app won't open. I haven't noticed any other changes yet.

cfili

Jul 13, 2010
Hey all,

As some of you have already noted, an update is available for the Samsung Galaxy SII.

The update includes fixes for devices that may become unresponsive and/or power down while sitting idle on rare occasions. It also enhances security to protect against malware vulnerability. You will receive a notification on your phone to update.

NOTE - You must have updated to Android version 4.0 to receive notification of the new software update

From community manager on ATT forums:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Di...hutting-off-in-idle-mode/td-p/3247765/page/18

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

scottwood2

Nov 24, 2008
:( Had my hopes up for JB even though I know the phone will not get it from AT&T.

I guess it is good that they are still trying to improve the phone.

Last edited:

Notmare

Mar 29, 2013
I previously rooted and flashed Siyah 4.3.3 which resolved my issue with the sleep of death. This seems to prevent this new update from installing as when the phone reboots it shows the Siyah boot image and then boots back into the OS, when I unlock the phone it tells me that the update failed to install. I'm not in a hurry to install an update that resolves something I've fixed through other means, but I thought I'd share for those interested.

nimper

Jan 20, 2011
I previously rooted and flashed Siyah 4.3.3 which resolved my issue with the sleep of death. This seems to prevent this new update from installing as when the phone reboots it shows the Siyah boot image and then boots back into the OS, when I unlock the phone it tells me that the update failed to install. I'm not in a hurry to install an update that resolves something I've fixed through other means, but I thought I'd share for those interested.

You really shouldn't accept OTA updates unless you are 100% stock.

Reactions: Nick281051

NBA Brawler

Aug 20, 2010
Hopefully it fixes the SOD problem. I was getting ready to call or go to AT&T and demand I be let out of my contract.

Gamer_Josh

Mar 12, 2009
Hey all,

As some of you have already noted, an update is available for the Samsung Galaxy SII.

The update includes fixes for devices that may become unresponsive and/or power down while sitting idle on rare occasions. It also enhances security to protect against malware vulnerability. You will receive a notification on your phone to update.

NOTE - You must have updated to Android version 4.0 to receive notification of the new software update

Link Omitted

This has been happening to me for the past few months, on more than "rare occassions" though. I never knew what to call it until I saw people on here refer to it as Sleep of Death. Yep, sounds about right. And it would rapidly drain my battery when it happened.

I've successfully updated, so hopefully this will take care of it. It gets VERY annoying! And all the much worse since I use my phone for my alarm, haha. I have my wife's as a backup though.

geetarplayer

Feb 2, 2013
SE, PA
I'm only a curious now, about whether this fixes the SOD. After hours on the phone with ATT and Samsung, and a few factory resets and a new phone, it was still doing it. And each time I called them about it, they'd say they were not aware of such a problem. Anyway, not an issue anymore for me, since going to Task's AOKP ROM, which got me so many better features than an ATT update ever would have - warranty or no.

c0ldburn3r

Nov 2, 2010
Wet Side of Washington
The only reason why this OTA was pushed was because a ton of users were posting this issue on the ATT forums for 4 months straight. Even then ATT pushes an OTA for 4.0.4 instead of using one of the many 4.1.2 firmwares from Samsung.

niteice

Jul 3, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The only reason why this OTA was pushed was because a ton of users were posting this issue on the ATT forums for 4 months straight. Even then ATT pushes an OTA for 4.0.4 instead of using one of the many 4.1.2 firmwares from Samsung.

My understanding is that it is up to Samsung to produce the firmware, and because it's a carrier-branded device, I have a hard time believing that they'd do that unless instructed to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UCLL6 Stock and Stock plus root Odin packages

Fully Stock I777UCLL6 4.0.4 ICS Odin flashable tar and One-click Downloader both available in the Download Repository at the bottom.

Stock plus root I777UCLL6 4.0.4 ICS Odin flashable tar and One-click Downloader both available here.
    Just got am s2 i777 for my wife. Its stock and still on GB. Its factory unlocked and were on T-Mobile (t-maybe). I would root it and custom ROM it but its the wife's .

Is the only way for me to update through kies? Because kies is crashing on my PC right now.
    Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Go here for an Odin flashable .tar of i777ucmd8 Android 4.1.2 JB...this is creepyncrawly's Download Repository...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20229527&postcount=46
    Be sure to hit his Thanks button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Can someone pull the modem from this update? Pm or post a download link once extracted please.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Can anyone tell me if this update will lock my phone like UCLK3 did ....I'm outside US and I had to spend 3 bucks to unlock it last time :S

Thanks

I'm currently on UCLK3 and rooted through Exynos Abuse app.

Unknown. But you should be able to unlock for free with GalaxSim Unlock downloaded from the developers XDA thread.
    Hey all,

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Di...hutting-off-in-idle-mode/td-p/3247765/page/18