I9300 ON 4.3 Official - Slow, Laggy and Screen Flicker when swiping

Search This thread

adam7862

Aug 9, 2012
Hi guys ive got a Samsung s3 which is on 4.3 official stock rom, however im having some problems. Firstly is the problem of lagging, for example i could be using the browser and when i go back to the home screen there is nothing there and it takes a few seconds for all the icons to load back.

Second problem which is intermittent and usually goes away when i reboot the phone is when swiping through the homescreen i get these weird screen flickers (Not sure if screen flicker is the right word) but basically i can see my other app icons in the background which become enlarged. I have included some picures to better explain. Do you think this is a hardware or software fault and what should i do?

Any helps appreciated, Thanks.

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hi guys ive got a Samsung s3 which is on 4.3 official stock rom, however im having some problems. Firstly is the problem of lagging, for example i could be using the browser and when i go back to the home screen there is nothing there and it takes a few seconds for all the icons to load back.

Second problem which is intermittent and usually goes away when i reboot the phone is when swiping through the homescreen i get these weird screen flickers (Not sure if screen flicker is the right word) but basically i can see my other app icons in the background which become enlarged. I have included some picures to better explain. Do you think this is a hardware or software fault and what should i do?

(1) Backup any files photos then factory reset

If problem still there

(2) Flash another stock rom with Odin

If problem still there probably hardware related :)

Reactions: adam7862

turboyeyo

Nov 21, 2012
I have the same problem. The flicker of the screen I think is touchwizz because when I use another launcher dissappears.
Normally with a reboot I fix it, but it happens again from time to time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
I also got that flickering on TW launchers (even on an S5 themed one). And actually, it's not a flickering, it is a stretched app icon (in the screenshot you atached it is Camera). I observed (at least in my case) that this happens when the RAM usage is above 700-750MB. try a custom ROM (after backing up, recommended) like SmartDroid Simple v7, NxTGen 13.1, ehich both have really good RAM usage (on Smartdroid v7 I got as low as 280, if i remember well. I posted the screenshot in that thread.

Reactions: hitback

hitback

Jul 23, 2012
I also got that flickering on TW launchers (even on an S5 themed one). And actually, it's not a flickering, it is a stretched app icon (in the screenshot you atached it is Camera). I observed (at least in my case) that this happens when the RAM usage is above 700-750MB. try a custom ROM (after backing up, recommended) like SmartDroid Simple v7, NxTGen 13.1, ehich both have really good RAM usage (on Smartdroid v7 I got as low as 280, if i remember well. I posted the screenshot in that thread.

what did you do yo remove this weird issue? :(

Toadyg

May 2, 2013
Hailsham
I had similar problems after updating from official 4.1.2 to official 4.3 (MJ9 ROM, November 2013). Problems were extremely widespread. I got sick of waiting for Samsung to even acknowledge the problem and eventually moved to NeatROM, and I'm happy to say I haven't looked back. I will probably never return to stock now.

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
How to clear ram? Thanks. :)

update for this thread :)

You bumped within a couple of hours? Why?

- Go to Settings > More > Application Manager > Running > Select the app you want end and click "Force Stop" (Please make sure you dont close any important app)
- Hold menu button until you get the recents bar then clear all
- Try "Greenify" and use that to reduce the number of running apps.
- Install a custom-ROM like SmartDroid, it is lightweight sammy ROM and uses less storage and RAM.

~ RazorMC

Reactions: hitback

hitback

Jul 23, 2012

- Go to Settings > More > Application Manager > Running > Select the app you want end and click "Force Stop" (Please make sure you dont close any important app)
- Install a custom-ROM like SmartDroid, it is lightweight sammy ROM and uses less storage and RAM.

~ RazorMC

thanks man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(1) Backup any files photos then factory reset

If problem still there

(2) Flash another stock rom with Odin

If problem still there probably hardware related :)
    what did you do yo remove this weird issue? :(

Usually clearing the RAM solved the problem for me.
    How to clear ram? Thanks. :)

update for this thread :)

~ RazorMC