[Bootanimation] BIOS

Search This thread

Diddy555

Sep 26, 2010
Hey Community,

I found this bootanimation for the M7:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2248740

I didn't find that one for our device, so I modified the one from the above thread to match the M8 specs. I attach it to this post.
Just use any root explorer to copy it to your ROMs bootanimation location and dont forget to set permissions!
It might be necessary to rename it, just name it like your ROMs current bootanimation.

Robot sequence is looping until booted.

HD Screens:

3evabapy.jpg

eveqetav.jpg

4ydu4utu.jpg

Have fun! :)

Edit: The 2nd screenshot shows USB 2.0 and Adreno 320, I updated these to 3.0 and 330...

Attachments

• hTC_bootup_one.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 835
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2009
Do we just flash via recovery? I tried through twrp and keep getting a "failed" error

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Diddy555

Sep 26, 2010
Do we just flash via recovery? I tried through twrp and keep getting a "failed" error

The bootanimation location can be different, depends on the ROM. Just use any root explorer to copy it to your ROMs bootanimation location and set the permissions. I use InsertCoin, the location is /system/customize/resource. Permissions are rw-r--r-- (644).

Jan 19, 2009
The bootanimation location can be different, depends on the ROM. Just use any root explorer to copy it to your ROMs bootanimation location and set the permissions. I use InsertCoin, the location is /system/customize/resource. Permissions are rw-r--r-- (644).

Thanks Diddy. It's been awhile since I've messed with a bootanimation and an even longer time dealing with an HTC Bootanimation. Works like a charm. Great work

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Worked great on my VZW m8. ?

sent from my Red HTC M8 using Tapatalk because all Xda apps f/c ?

buby78

Dec 23, 2010
i have a quick question can i unzip replace the pics and then rezip? i want to make one to go with my theme that im making...

buby78

Dec 23, 2010
Could you possibly make this into a working boot-animation for our device
its is a gif click pic to see full animation

View attachment 2867290
i was able to make it but for some reason at the end of animation before it loops back a white screen flashes real quick... i dont know why but if someone else know why please let me know but anyways download here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Community,

I found this bootanimation for the M7:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2248740

I didn't find that one for our device, so I modified the one from the above thread to match the M8 specs. I attach it to this post.
    Just use any root explorer to copy it to your ROMs bootanimation location and dont forget to set permissions!
    It might be necessary to rename it, just name it like your ROMs current bootanimation.

Robot sequence is looping until booted.

HD Screens:

3evabapy.jpg

eveqetav.jpg

4ydu4utu.jpg

Have fun! :)

Edit: The 2nd screenshot shows USB 2.0 and Adreno 320, I updated these to 3.0 and 330...

Could you possibly make this into a working boot-animation for our device
    its is a gif click pic to see full animation

View attachment 2867290
    i was able to make it but for some reason at the end of animation before it loops back a white screen flashes real quick... i dont know why but if someone else know why please let me know but anyways download here

this one is better no white flash download here

this is another one im playing with it starts with bios then this

download here