Voicemail icon won't disappear

Search This thread

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
I can't get my voicemail icon to go away. I tried dialing my voicemail, says I don't have a voicemail box set up, which is true, I never set it up. I've always used Google Voice for voicemail. But I don't have any "unread" google voice voicemails either. I tried clearing the data on the phone app in app settings, but that doesn't do the trick either. On AT&T paygo if that makes any difference

Last edited:

chainsuk

May 10, 2012
newcastle upon tyne
I had the very same problem it was annoying but i just ignored it untill the other day, i noticed on android authority there was a guide to instal the same cyanogen 4.4.4 software the oneplus one has so i flashed it and hey presto voicemail icon gone i suppose that goes for reinstalling stock roms too, or at the very worst i think they get deleted after 30 days.......:D

D

Darth

If a reboot doesn't fix it.... Try wiping cache and dalvik in recovery.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

And does it say voicemail when you swipe down the status bar? Are you sure that is actually what the icon is?

G

G3MINI_N3RD

I got tired of this issue too. Never had the icon hang there forever, but wouldn't disappear immediately sometimes even after listening to all my voicemail. It would stick around for about 5-10 minutes after. In the end I just setup Google Voice using the voicemail only option called Google Voice Lite. Switched it under voicemail options on my phone and followed the provisioning instructions to ring Google Voice's voicemail box instead. Now Google Voice acts like Visual Voicemail on my Nexus 5. You can try that out, but I think its a US only feature.

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
I got tired of this issue too. Never had the icon hang there forever, but wouldn't disappear immediately sometimes even after listening to all my voicemail. It would stick around for about 5-10 minutes after. In the end I just setup Google Voice using the voicemail only option called Google Voice Lite. Switched it under voicemail options on my phone and followed the provisioning instructions to ring Google Voice's voicemail box instead. Now Google Voice acts like Visual Voicemail on my Nexus 5. You can try that out, but I think its a US only feature.

As my original post said, I've always only used Google Voice for my voicemail...

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
If a reboot doesn't fix it.... Try wiping cache and dalvik in recovery.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

And does it say voicemail when you swipe down the status bar? Are you sure that is actually what the icon is?

And yes it says one new voicemail...

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
I had the very same problem it was annoying but i just ignored it untill the other day, i noticed on android authority there was a guide to instal the same cyanogen 4.4.4 software the oneplus one has so i flashed it and hey presto voicemail icon gone i suppose that goes for reinstalling stock roms too, or at the very worst i think they get deleted after 30 days.......:D

Yeah no I've had this problem for months. Clearing data for phone in app settings used to work but it doesn't anymore.

D

Darth

It could be an issue on carrier end....they are still pushing the notification to you maybe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

If you can get someone else's sim card and try it....if notification goes away for that sim, then back for yours....its the carrier.

Just an idea.

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
It could be an issue on carrier end....they are still pushing the notification to you maybe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

If you can get someone else's sim card and try it....if notification goes away for that sim, then back for yours....its the carrier.

Just an idea.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's on AT&T's end. I'd call them or go over to the AT&T store about it but it's not worth the minutes and/or gas.