[ROM][Z1s][MIUI v5][Beta 1] LifeHacks [RELEASED]

Search This thread

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Their already a miui for z1 locked or unlocked,and a miui only unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

LifeHacks

Jun 15, 2014
ok, so i found the fix for the rotation problem, but when i fix it. i get multiple playback issues. from the adsp files in system/etc/firmware/
are there any devs that can help in this situation, please pm me

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Has the rotation bug been fixed yet? Just wondering. Haven't chimed in here in a bit.

Its alright these phones are already failures, i have a great feeling the new tmobile z3 is going to be regular kind of and not be so restricted because they had a google plus post saying they are going to release the z3 on tmobile and no mention of the word S so no z3Stupid like the Z1Stupid

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Hi
All this miuiv5 has the rotation fix
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eue2woj07qkun39/Z1s Miui V5 by Lifehacks.zip?dl=0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

The link will not be active for 2 or 3 hours

INTERESTINGGG, are the install instructions the same as the first post from op?
edit: Nvm got it working, works absolutely great, will be testing ,more over few days
edit again: lol i just now realized miui is not for me, on the other hand if someone could get a vanilla looking stock based rom going for us that'd be nice

Last edited:

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Not possible with locked boot loader .

I didn't mean that custom, with kernel etc, I was thinking about someone retheming with the vanilla looking interface aosp status bar etc, striping down the ROM would be nice too, but I'm already asking to much with retheming lol

jbr05ki

Mar 24, 2009
Foster City
Anyone still use this ROM? Any performance issues other than the ones that were stated from the 1st post? Kinda getting bored with stock and feel like flashing something... It's been TOO long...

LifeHacks

Jun 15, 2014
im sorry everyone, but i've been bust with college lately, on the verge on getting my software engineering degree, but if anyone has interest in stabilizing and updating this rom , your more than welcome to just modify and update it

Reactions: jbr05ki

ayuforever

Dec 16, 2009
Security in Settings is crashing:

E/AndroidRuntime(16867): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): Process: com.android.settings, PID: 16867
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.android.settings/com.android.settings.SubSettings}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2836)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2865)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2291)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1246)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:212)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5135)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:877)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:693)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.security.KeyStore.isHardwareBacked(KeyStore.java:322)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.security.KeyStore.isHardwareBacked(KeyStore.java:317)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at com.android.settings.SecuritySettings.createPreferenceHierarchy(SecuritySettings.java:319)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at com.android.settings.SecuritySettings.onResume(SecuritySettings.java:534)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.Fragment.performResume(Fragment.java:1743)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:928)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1066)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1048)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.dispatchResume(FragmentManager.java:1871)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:5320)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2826)
E/AndroidRuntime(16867): ... 12 more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, the Z1s has been out for a year now, and no Custom rom has been made yet, not even a sony based rom, so once Miui v5 was released for the z1, witch ran on a 4.4.4 sony base, i saw this as an opportunity for our locked bootloaders to boot a custom 3rd party rom, the rom did boot naturally, but almost nothing worked, actually more like everything didnt work, so after some research and work, i have it working almost flawlessly on our z1s, i am very proud to introduce the first Z1s rom, and hopefully wil be proud to introduce some more to come, as i am working on a miui v6 port as we speak.
    Working after being fixed
    • 4G LTE
    • MUSIC PLAYBACK
    • Camera Focus
    • Video Playback
    • Headphone use
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Calling
    • Messaging
    • Gps
    • Video Recording

Not Working

• Rotation not working Correctly (fixed, i need some testers, pm me)
      • Random Settings not responding prompt witch is not true (WIP)
      • Some reported no keyboard, some have it, will fix
      • Crashs when trying to uninstall an app
    • You tell me
    [/LIST]

Contributors
    zhangyang_haha, MIUI, lpws521, ME :p Lifehacks

DOWNLOAD
    GAPPS
    Google Keyboard

Directions
    Must use TWRP
    When installing, please choose the last device aroma option, being the C6906LB
    than install Gapps
    glash google keyboard
    and wipe data/cache
    startup phone, shut off rotation, go in settings and activate google keyboard
    reboot and enjoy, report bugs as well
    I've been trying to get this rotation fix
    Thank god!! Thank you! Just got this phone and was and idiot and didn't know it had locked bootloader. Is there anyway we'll get to see CM11 or any varients?? Any love for this phone from devs to unlock bootloader?
    Oh and what recovery are you using and whst should we use.