What's your next phone going to be? It's been a good run EVO.

Search This thread

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm a couple weeks away from being eligible for an upgrade with Sprint. I'm sure a lot of you guys are in the same boat as me. What phone are you looking to get next?

The EVO was as easy choice when it came out. There wasn't anything to compete with it other than the iPhone. I don't try to keep up with all the new phones until I am close to an upgrade. There is just too much out there to possibly keep up with.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I upgraded to the et4g was gonna wait for the gnex but got the et4g free without using my upgrade and after playing with both side by side found the et4g to actually be nicer than the gnex
Edit: still got my evo too its active on my second line got to double upgrade from an evo and intercept to an epic touch 4g and evo :)

We are legion, for we are many

Sent from my Anonymous DeathStar in the depths of GalaXy S2

Last edited:

akodoreign

Jun 17, 2010
Probably going HTC arrive. It will be nothing on upgrade next month and want to tinker with a windows phone 7 for a while. Evo will go to my oldest who is running a HTC hero.

If I don't like that then my wife's phone is due in May. I'll swap it out for something else.

Current Android family
HTC evo 4g x 2
HTC evo shift
HTC hero
Motorola Xoom
Viewsonic G-tablet
HP Touchpad (running classic nerd)

So yeah just want to tinker with something new for a while :D

alxrock

Aug 17, 2010
Tampa
My upgrade is coming up next month as well. (I suppose a lot of us who got the EVO on/near launch day are)

I've put a lot of thought into it and I think I'm going for the GNex. Unless I find out the GS3 devices are coming soon.

My wife got the white Evo when that launched (about a month after the original Evo) and she's waiting for the Galaxy Journal.

atapia984

Aug 25, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would like to see Sprint carry the Xperia line, particularly the S model. Looks pretty sweet. Otherwise I would go with another HTC flagship device. I might also consider the Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
My upgrade is also in April (another day 1 adopter) I'm waiting for either the Galaxy Journal or the S3 (depending on release date) Definitely want an LTE capable device. Not sure if the Journal is going to fall in that category or not.

snowpunter

Jun 18, 2010
I'm eligible in June but I'll wait for the first Sprint LTE phone at the end of this year, so long as the suck-factor is low for it.

ModXMV

Jul 2, 2010
Sprint is aware that a lot of the Evo owners are coming off contract. I am betting the Galaxy Nexus will be coming out before we fall off contract to entice renewal.

That's what I will be going with.

Reactions: SilverStone641

TorxT3D

Jul 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
whatever the next LTE sprint phone with huge screen+lots of features.. will be.

june, i'll be eligible for an upgrade, so hopefully we get something good by then

SilentSummer

Jun 12, 2010
Upgrade next month here as well. Currently there is nothing worth upgrading too.
I'm hoping it won't be too long until we see some LTE devices.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Couldn't agree more. The Et4g is nice, but I prefer HTC, and et4g has already been out for a bit now. I don't mind waiting to see what comes at all. Satisfied with my Evo. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Not due til the end of the year, so I'm going for the galaxy S III.

ENCXBG1

Aug 18, 2010
I'm in the same boat but will wait and see what comes down the line. I got two E4GT phones for my kids and they are incredible. They lay waste to my EVO. Samsung really stepped up their game. I don't know if HTC will be able to compete from here on out since Sammy has fully commited to Android. I've used the Gnex and don't like it as much as the GSII. I really want a phone that has built in image stabilization for video. Other than that the GSII camera kills! Way better than my little Canon P/S.

pspunderground

Oct 6, 2010
Dallas
I'm waiting for the GNex. I don't have choice since it's my dad's lines, but I think ICS is where it's at.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

lumbeendnking

Mar 20, 2011
Durham, North Carolina
OG EVO

I don't think I will be upgrading next month when my time comes. There is really nothing out IMHO that can still compete with the OG EVO. Meaning the custom roms, tweeks, etc that you can do to the phone. HTC makes a good solid phone and I would definetly have to stay with a HTC line

burnrate13

Feb 13, 2011
Not due till July so ill wait it out for the EVOX/jewel haven't heard to many good things from gnex owners

Pleasantly Mad.

Reactions: King_Louie

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
I wanted to wait for the Gnex as well, but that 16gb non-expandable storage limitation is killing me. I want to be able to use my 32gb class 10 with my next phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reminder, this is the Evo 4G forum.

Maybe that trick is possible on the Evo 3D, but on the OG Evo, the volume controls are on a rocker and cannot both be selected at the same time (unless the phone is completely disassembled).

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Um, I have an EVO 4G, and have used this method. Also, in the stock recovery, it's the same method used to bring up the Menu. Try it. You can do it anytime, and the phone should reboot. I wouldn't know anything about other devices as this is the only one I own. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your device (I assume you checked before telling me flat out that I'm wrong), but it does work.

Current ROM (BootManager Slot 5): MikG v3.11 w/Gradient Theme - Kernel: ca1ne-Underworld-v0.1-SBC
    Sprint is aware that a lot of the Evo owners are coming off contract. I am betting the Galaxy Nexus will be coming out before we fall off contract to entice renewal.

Not due till July so ill wait it out for the EVOX/jewel haven't heard to many good things from gnex owners

Pleasantly Mad.

I had the Galaxy Nexus as a company phone, and I have to admit... it's too big.

422739_618313742968_82701312_32142128_449229230_n.jpg

While I can one-hand the EVO and reach any part of the screen, you can't do that with the Nexus unless you have gargantuan hands.

On that note, it really irritates me that every Android handset-maker thinks bigger phones are the way to go. The reason Apple hasn't gone bigger than 3.5" or whatever is that they know people's hands aren't that big. I f*cking hate that company with a passion, but they sell millions of 3.5" touchscreens. The EVO's 4.3" is perfect for me, and I cannot stand that the newest flagship Android phones are 4.7"+. I was excited that the One S was 4.3", but that's not coming to Sprint. :mad:

It's also a pain in the ass turning off 4G LTE on the Nexus... requires no less than 3 button presses, and that's after setting up a Tasker widget to take me to the proper menu. I trust that an HTC LTE device will have a nice simple toggle widget.

My answer to the question posed in this thread, though, is that I have no idea. I'll be waiting to see what Sprint comes up with, but my expectations are pretty low right now. I want HTC hardware, 4G LTE, and a 4.3" (or slightly smaller) screen. Simple requirements, I know, but apparently too complicated for Sprint to carry.
    Random thoughts about the next phone I'm considering:

Watching a review of a TN ICS ROM on the ET4G made me weak in the knees for a sec, but then the thread about users bricking their phones brought me back.

Galaxy Nexus is getting a Touchwiz 4 and Sense 4.0 port, so that will be a very interesting development to monitor.

Lastly, I wonder how many of the current Evo 4G developers will be able to upgrade when the next Evo is announced. I know many of the past developers have already flocked to the 3d, so development for the new HTC phone might initially be a little slow. I also saw a headline today announcing a rumor that chip issues may cause HTC One delays.

The et4g rocks bricking is hard to do unless you are illeterate there are literally about 50 threads of ppl bricking and how/why so others can avoid it quite simply don't use touch recovery and before going back to gb from ice use ODIN and do not just restore and nandroid and you won't have any issues the bricks happen because the data partitions are slightly different and recovery won't adjust them but ODIN will

We are legion, for we are many

Sent from my Anonymous DeathStar in the depths of GalaXy S2