[Q]Stock ROM with franco or CM11?

Search This thread

Longi94

Jun 3, 2010
Budapest
So I recently found out that franco kernel is no longer compatible with cyanogenmod 11. I would like to know which is more battery efficient. Having franco kernel with stock rom or cyanogenmod with the kernel that is shipped with it? Does anyone have experience in this?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
battery is all about how you personally use your device, how you set it up, what apps you use, and mostly the quality of your phone/data signal. using either cm kernel or franco kernel can give you great battery life or terrible battery life. any kernel will give you great battery life or terrible battery life.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
So I recently found out that franco kernel is no longer compatible with cyanogenmod 11. I would like to know which is more battery efficient. Having franco kernel with stock rom or cyanogenmod with the kernel that is shipped with it? Does anyone have experience in this?

Both are good and have their (dis)advantages. No one can tell you whats best cause different users have different preferences and needs. Best is to try them out yourself and see what you like best.

Longi94

Jun 3, 2010
Budapest
I am aware of that. I admit that I am quite the power user which mostly results in a pretty bad battery life. I just wanted to know which option has the better potential with the same amount of usage. I guess I'll experiment with it myself then :)

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I am aware of that. I admit that I am quite the power user which mostly results in a pretty bad battery life. I just wanted to know which option has the better potential with the same amount of usage. I guess I'll experiment with it myself then :)

im one of the heaviest users you will meet, yet i still see a minimum of 5h+ screen on time every day. set up your device right, and if you have a great signal you will have very hood battery life no matter what you use.

Reactions: Kreateablaze

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Combine rooted stock, Franco kernel and the Xposed framework plus it's various modules and you will get most of the Custom ROM features along with better battery life and stability. I'm very pleased with that combo.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

im one of the heaviest users you will meet, yet i still see a minimum of 5h+ screen on time every day. set up your device right, and if you have a great signal you will have very hood battery life no matter what you use.