[Q] De-Brand Lumia 920 Orange France

Search This thread

Mousexx74

Nov 16, 2011
Hi, I will receive a Lumia 920 'Orange Brand' from France.
I'd like to know if there is any way to de-brand it.
My goal is flash it using an Italian operator-free ROM.

What is the best/newest rom (Firmware Black I suppose) to use?
Are there any potential problem flashing lumia using different country rom?

Regards
Fabio

Pedrorudi

Dec 14, 2011
Mine I've bought it unbranded, if you search the forum, you'll find a way to do that.

BTW, my L920 is Italian country variant, great rom with fast updates.

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Reactions: Mousexx74

Mousexx74

Nov 16, 2011

Thank you guy for your help , but now I've discovered that this Lumia 920 is 'Orange France Sim locked'. It does not work with any aother different sim.
I suppose that flashing rom is not the solutions to 'sim-unlock' this phone.

Looking around I found many sites that can send me the unlock code but I don't know if they are safe and secure.

Do you know any secure site that can help me... obviously I prefer the cheaper one.

Are there any another way to sim-unlock my lumia? using 3rd party software or something else?

Regards
Fabio

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Thank you guy for your help , but now I've discovered that this Lumia 920 is 'Orange France Sim locked'. It does not work with any aother different sim.
I suppose that flashing rom is not the solutions to 'sim-unlock' this phone.

Looking around I found many sites that can send me the unlock code but I don't know if they are safe and secure.

Do you know any secure site that can help me... obviously I prefer the cheaper one.

Are there any another way to sim-unlock my lumia? using 3rd party software or something else?

Regards
Fabio
No, flashing a ROM Windows Phone does not desimlock the device.
Look a site of desimlock that suits you best (in the first Google results).

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Hello. I have a Nokia lumia 920, from Orange France ,and I umbraded, using a website. If you wait, i can post it here.
I have to look through my email.

Here.
http://www.decodare.info/contact.htm

Use this website. It's a Romanian website. I can show you on my phone with printscreen. I think you can talk to that guy in english. He'll understand. And it's pretty cheap though.
The term of your talk is not unbrand but it is desimlock, it is not the same thing ;)

noxified

You might be right. But after desimloc thinghy, I think you can change ROM without any problem.

The thing was, that even if you switch the rom, with another one, the simlock would stay.

Sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker.

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
You might be right. But after desimloc thinghy, I think you can change ROM without any problem.

The thing was, that even if you switch the rom, with another one, the simlock would stay.

Sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker.
You can unbranded your device (your term, "change ROM") without first desimlock...
And indeed, change ROM does not desimlock the device.

Top Liked Posts