[Q] Stock/Rooted/system Update FAILS

Search This thread

adjday

May 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Jumped from ol faithful S2, to S5 stock, rooted, TWRP, ND2. Its running like a bruit compared to the S2.

Now that im Rooted I can update the PRL but I get a message that says the following when doing a System Update...

"The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Kies ..or visit a customer service center."

My Knok's is tripped (? spelled right?) but other than that im fully stock. I wanted to get the last update before i go on a flashing binge. I've herd of others getting this MSG and were advised to unroot and go to fully stock, but with no avail. Am now going to have to use KIES...:mad: ??

Has anyone received the OTA update yet and are you ROOTED?

On a second note, I am on Boost Mobile. I was also on Boost with my S2 and had no problems flashing Sprint ROMs. Im wondering if I should wait flashing Sleshepic's Mystery build before I get some advice. As far as I can tell the Boost phone is the same build as a Sprint phone...

Model #; SM-G900P
Baseband; G900PVPU1AND2

Any incite and opinions are welcome and appreciated on both of my questions. Keep it up Devs...you guys do some great stuff!

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Any incite and opinions are welcome and appreciated on both of my questions. Keep it up Devs...you guys do some great stuff!

I have the Boost variant, and you can flash Sprint Roms on this just like the S2. Your update failed also because you're on custom recovery(TWRP). If you want to get the latest update, you'll have to flash back to complete stock using the tar and get the OTA. But I've had several people tell me that once they trip Knox, and flashed back to stock, the OTA notification never came again and the Kies said they had the latest. My advice, if you want @sleshepic's mystery build, just flash it :).

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: adjday

adjday

May 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have the Boost variant, and you can flash Sprint Roms on this just like the S2. Your update failed also because you're on custom recovery(TWRP). If you want to get the latest update, you'll have to flash back to complete stock using the tar and get the OTA. But I've had several people tell me that once they trip Knox, and flashed back to stock, the OTA notification never came again and the Kies said they had the latest. My advice, if you want @sleshepic's mystery build, just flash it :).

Thank you for your your guidance! Any real reason I should take the new update before I start flashing?..thinking I would just wait on the update till Android moves from 4.4.3. And then revert back to stock/update and then root, re-inject twrp and then flash way.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Thank you for your your guidance! Any real reason I should take the new update before I start flashing?..thinking I would just wait on the update till Android moves from 4.4.3. And then revert back to stock/update and then root, re-inject twrp and then flash way.

It's you're preference. Not sure when Boost week have the 4.4.3 available...so if your want what is out currently, I'd flash the latest tar. Remember, it WILL void your warranty flashing anything through Odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.