Ace ICECREAM SANDWICH update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
Anyone wanting to watch the Samsung icecream sandwich keynote live can visit YouTube.com/android it starts in 2 hours

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

MPAI

Jun 13, 2011
Mumbai
I would like CM8 to come out soon. All the features of ICS in CM8. That will be great

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

The font of ICS "ROBOTO" is already out as a flashable zip. [xda link]

thunderror

Apr 7, 2011
thunderror.com
Redmi Note 9
We already have 2.3.7 available via CM 7.1. And thats almost there, many of ICS features already are there in CM. Plus, I'm sure we'll get to atleast an unofficial build with our awesome dev community

From my Galaxy Ace
>>Powered by Cyanogenmod 7.1<<

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
gingerbread sdk is released on December 2010, while we see the kph leaked gingerbread on June 2011, roughly 6 months after. maybe well see ics on april 2012, if it'll ever come that is :p

MPAI

Jun 13, 2011
Mumbai
CM Team has announced that, there will not no official port of ICS unless and until google gives out ICS source.

And if there is any official port from CM Team, it will be called CM9 and not CM8. It seems CM8 is reserved for Honeycomb.

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
It is said that phones on gingerbread will receive the update. S2 has gotten it I think?
Wrong. Phones compatible with Gingerbread are capable of running ICS. If source is released and Samsung release libraries we could have ICS compiled within a few minutes of it being released. Official support may never come.

consegregate

Feb 2, 2011
Singapore
Wrong. Phones compatible with Gingerbread are capable of running ICS. If source is released and Samsung release libraries we could have ICS compiled within a few minutes of it being released. Official support may never come.

No. Engadget has an article stating that most devices having Gingerbread will receive the update. Also Ace is not 18 month old and Samsung must give an update as long as the specs allow it.

ltorr3s

Oct 6, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I've heard that every device (running android)would get ICS because they wanted to keep everyone on the same distribution... i guess that was not true then...

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
I've heard that every device (running android)would get ICS because they wanted to keep everyone on the same distribution... i guess that was not true then...

nope, i wouldnt even believe if its "every device". even the older htc tattoo, htc magic, htc dream, htc legend, galaxy pro and many, many others still didnt get official gb, so its almost impossible they will ever get ics. besides, its their manufacturer job to give support, not google. and i think those older htc device is unsupported by htc anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is not needed anymore. It has changed into troll festival.
    Closed and unsticked.
    First of all if we'd get ICS we'd get like 3x/4x the performance of gingerbread because of the hardware acceleration and new improvements.The display and ram needed is not a problem.ICS is supposed to unify the phones and tablets more and if we have gingerbread 2.3.5 we should have ICS.
    WHY?
    Maybe because every device but nexus s has 2.3.5 the latest version official.
    Just nexus s has 2.3.7 and nexus one I believe.

Our ace is new and although a little grungy it still has 800mhz with the potential to oc and it actually has 512 with alot of ram used by the OS so not usable by us.WE GOT to 2400 quadrant score and it can be better after OC and some graphic drivers.

So just shut up and wait for it.I have no doubt that we will get it and get it officially.If not CM9 is always there!
    The main advantages on ICS are:
    1) dual core support and hardware accelerating
    2) New UI.
    Because neither of those are relevant to Galaxy Ace, I'm fine with Gingerbread.
    But XDA developers are really fast and they will port ICS even if Samsung wouldn't.
    does our sga is capeble of getting the android 4.0 ice cream sadwich update or we have to be happy with gingerbred only???????????
    Just wait for cm8.