[req][panel] can someone help make a pip-boy (fallout 3) panel?

Search This thread

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
I stumbled onto this article today and thought what a fantastic panel this would make. If someone with some panel making experience thinks that they could construct such a panel I will start gathering any graphics, sounds, or any other materials determined to be required for its creation.

If the Storm and the Iphone can do it so can the X1!

I hope there are some users on here who think this is as good an idea as I do, if so bump this thread and hopefully we can all soon be walking around with our very own pip-boy 3000's... erm X1's!

Here's a couple pics to give you all idea of where Im going with this:

2lc1fl2.jpg
1z2dhk9.png

104lr2w.jpg

neowkewl

Feb 3, 2009
BerLin
jea i want a pipboy 3000 too :D plz devlop a panel like that

damnnn :D

turnstar great idea !!!!

Last edited:

Ethermind

Jan 16, 2009
very easy to make it useing Flash& it's actionscript

flash panels becoming very popular : )

Ganondolf

Nov 16, 2008
i have seen this on the iphone, its just a theme looks ok but looks better in pics than on the iphone itself as some stuff have not got icons for, so some software are using the theme and some are not.

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
i have seen this on the iphone, its just a theme looks ok but looks better in pics than on the iphone itself as some stuff have not got icons for, so some software are using the theme and some are not.

Yeah I heard that the Iphone version was mostly just for the pretty and not terribly functional. But that's pretty much the Iphone in a nutshell.

Edit: This is only semi related to this thread, but there is some cool concept art in this directory which I thought I'd share with the class:

http://www.sghi.info/GL/img/Post.Nuclear.PC.Games/Fallout.3_concept.art/

Last edited:

uzi94

Apr 3, 2009
this would be so cool even if it dont work it would be pretty cool to like show your friends. you could be like OHHHH YEAHHHH IVE GOT A PIPBOY3000

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
Ok, Ive got the SDK and am in the process of acquiring MS visual studio (legally of course) I'm willing to take a stab @ learning how this is done and I have some material to read through, but if Ethermind or anyone else has any additional resources that they think I should be reading to get me on the right track here It would help me out a lot as this is a fairly new frontier for me. I very much want to make this panel happen but can use all the help I can get.

Thanks to everyone who's shown an interest so far, hopefully I won't let you down!

uzi94

Apr 3, 2009
just really want the panel, it would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!

uzi94

Apr 3, 2009
maybe turnstars a super-genius who has already made the panel but is now jjust trying to perfect it....... :p

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
maybe turnstars a super-genius who has already made the panel but is now jjust trying to perfect it....... :p

Hardly, I have no panel making experience whatsoever. I'm doing a lot of reading right now and I think I'll be able to pull out something, but it won't be quick.

In the meantime if people could let me know what kind of features or what you'd like this panel to link to i.e. SMS, E-mail, ect. It would be helpful.

jhoffa

Nov 2, 2008
If you're serious about making this, send me a pm once you get things rolling. I worked on the original Fallout games and might be able to help you out with some pipboy artwork.