Vertu Ti theme

Search This thread

Lordemort

Jan 13, 2013
Mumbai
If you guys tell me how I can extract the apks.

If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps;)

BaranE

May 17, 2009
If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps;)

It helps, though there's no root solution as of now. I don't know where to start for the root, technical support won't help. Neither will the internet. There's already a topic on XDA but no solutions.

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.

BaranE

May 17, 2009
I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.

I've yet to find appropriate drivers to connect to ADB. Whatever I do the phone also connects the MTP at the same time even if PTP is chosen. Any help would be much appreciated as I'd also like to backup the device via ADB. With the latest updates the phone is now running 4.2.2.

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
If I am not wrong, Root explorer does work on non-rooted phone.

you can access the /system partition for copying stuffs. (as you can understand without root it will only work in 'read only' mode).

mhaque

Jul 20, 2010
Hi,
I was able to root my Ti using farmaroot just google it fairly simple method. You can also unroot to with this tool which is a plus. But I would like to know how do I access its recovery? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

dj___

Jun 30, 2014
Chernovits
Somebody own Vertu here?

You can extract system apps quick and easy, without root, without any risk using this tool: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=en
I'm new user, I must tolerate these idiotic rules, so I can't post links. So, please, copy this link, and open it yourself.

Last edited: