Fried my G2

Search This thread

dclarsen

Mar 13, 2011
Hey folks. I recently borked my Verizon G2. I was running a CM11 nightly, decided to try out Mahdi ROM, but apparently something went wrong. Everything flashed just fine according to TWRP, but now I can't boot up. When I turn on the phone I get a black screen with small text that says
Code:
[660] Fastboot mode started
[710] udc_start()
if I plug the phone in to my PC from that screen, it adds
Code:
[870] -reset-
[880] - portchange-
[3720] fastboot: processing commands

When I enter download mode and plug the phone into my PC, it shows a screen that says "Firmware update" with a standard "do not unplug" warning, then there is a box at the bottom that says "B53" in gray text, and "ROOTED" in red.

I've tried several methods of restoring, but none of them worked for me, and they didn't even seem to have any effect at all. Here are links to the posts I've followed to try to fix it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960

So I'm lost, and I have already gone a few days without a phone, and I need it for work and whatnot. Can anyone help?

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
If you can boot into recovery, do a FULL wipe, then try to flash back to stock again. The restore to stock fails if you do not wipe your device before hand. Also, you don't need to use any special method to flash back to stock, just install kg's usb driver form their site, then install their mobile support tool (again from their site) when the tool opens, go up to the right hand corner and press device recovery or something like that and connect your device in DL mode, then the tool will restore the device back to the stock rom.

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
If you can boot into recovery, do a FULL wipe, then try to flash back to stock again. The restore to stock fails if you do not wipe your device before hand. Also, you don't need to use any special method to flash back to stock, just install kg's usb driver form their site, then install their mobile support tool (again from their site) when the tool opens, go up to the right hand corner and press device recovery or something like that and connect your device in DL mode, then the tool will restore the device back to the stock rom.

Full wipe meaning advanced wipe and check every single box including storage...EVERY box...lol.. And yes this will help you get booted back up.. Been there done that.

dclarsen

Mar 13, 2011
Finally got it up and running again. Have to start from scratch, but at least I have a phone. What finally worked for me was the LG Mobile Support Tool. I plugged in my phone and let it do its thing. It took a while but it worked. Now to go about re-rooting...

Thanks for all your help folks!

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
all of this happened to me, and i'm past it, but i never found out if this phone is truly unbrickable?

Lol with all the crap I've done to it I don't think you can brick it.. A few times my heart jumped out of my chest but I managed to get the ticker back in my chest lol