AKU3_52_hx2000 (WM 5.0 English) for IPAQ hx2000 series

Search This thread

abbaml

Jul 13, 2007

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I didn't know that someone already did this! Can you describe the tools that you used and the procedure? I want to include greek language in rom.
And is it possible to have Wm6 for hx 2000?

anavas

Aug 5, 2006
Chennai
Unable to update the ROM

Hey guys.

When I try to upgrade the ROM, it failed to initialize some dll file and I see a message in Ipaq saying "Digital Sign Mismatch"

Any idea ?

anavas

Aug 5, 2006
Chennai
I used Kozhura version, but I tried the original version too, I haven't tried the other version

The OS I have is the 1.0.0.1 H downloaded from HP's website, I am having hx2795

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
And for 2490b? I tried both but I get an error "Incorrect device SKU" I know that have some advices in 4pda, but I cannot understand cause I don't know russian. If anyone knows or can translate them this will be very helpfull.

anavas

Aug 5, 2006
Chennai
Same here, they even have some comments about "Digital Sign Mismatch" but I couldn't understand, I tried google language transfer, but no use,

I think we have many members from Rusia, so Is there any body can help to solve our problem ?

edcom

Jan 24, 2006
Kozhura,

I download ROM image for IPAQ Hx2000 that you fixed from forum :http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=35871&st=330

AKU3_52_hx2000FIXed_by_kozhura.rar (http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/903449/AKU3_52_hx2000FIXed_by_kozhura.rar

My questions are:
1. What is the different from Misar's AKU 3.52 hx2000.rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/27089928/AKU3.52-hx2000.rar.html)
2. Is this English version?
3. Can it be used to upgrade IPAQ hx2750 from AKU3.5hx2000?

Thanks, Tri

Dear Abbaml,
I'll try to answer your question since I'd already flashed my HX 2750 usung Misar's & Kozhura's ROM
1. The differences between Misar & Kozhura is wifi connection. Though I haven't found it yet.
2. Yes,this is English Version
3. Sure, I've done it myself.
Hope it help.

edcom

Jan 24, 2006
Same here, they even have some comments about "Digital Sign Mismatch" but I couldn't understand, I tried google language transfer, but no use,

I think we have many members from Rusia, so Is there any body can help to solve our problem ?
Dear anavas,
I flashed my Hx2750 (WM5 english versionby HP) with kozhura's rom. The steps is :
1. Clear reset the hx2750 (Press Calendar, power and message button). While still press those button, lightly press reset button with stylus.
2. Sync it with your computer using craddle / data cable
3. Take out your ipaq from the craddle. Press contact + itask button + reset button. Your ipaq will come to bootloader. Put it on the craddle.On the bottom left it will show usb connection. Press calendar button. Now at the bottom left it will show USB.
4. Run the HPRUU from the rom (misar's / Kozhura's). Your ipaq will begin flashing.
5. Do the clean reset once more and your pda will be ready to use

Hope this 'll help.

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I flashed succesfully my hx 2490b with the aku 3.5.2 rom. Necessary was to download the sp32408 rom from:
_ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32408.exe

run it and when I saw this screen:

to go to the directory that the RUU utility extract its files( usually c:\ipaq\sp32408) and replace and overwrite the nbf file with this from aku 3.5.2 rom(before must rename the nbf file with the name of sp32408 nbf file)

The other steps is as described before.

raveiy

Aug 29, 2007
bug report:

I flashed the 3.52 AKU rom and found that the activesync of exchange server is unavailable.

When you press finish in latest step of setting up the exchanger server, the setting will never been saved.

abbaml

Jul 13, 2007
Dear anavas,
I flashed my Hx2750 (WM5 english versionby HP) with kozhura's rom. The steps is :
1. Clear reset the hx2750 (Press Calendar, power and message button). While still press those button, lightly press reset button with stylus.
2. Sync it with your computer using craddle / data cable
3. Take out your ipaq from the craddle. Press contact + itask button + reset button. Your ipaq will come to bootloader. Put it on the craddle.On the bottom left it will show usb connection. Press calendar button. Now at the bottom left it will show USB.
4. Run the HPRUU from the rom (misar's / Kozhura's). Your ipaq will begin flashing.
5. Do the clean reset once more and your pda will be ready to use

Hope this 'll help.

Edcom,

Thanks, will try the different.
But many users reported that a2dp bluetooth NOT working,....thus we can't use our bt headset. Have u tried yet?

anavas

Aug 5, 2006
Chennai
Hi Guys.

Thanks for your update, Do you think the following will work on the new ROM

a) WiFi
b) A2DP
c) Sync over Exchange Server
d) Credent Biometric Finger print reader (cause I have hx2795)

Also how much memory left once you flash the ROM, is it faster than the HP ROM ?

edcom

Jan 24, 2006
Hi Guys.

Thanks for your update, Do you think the following will work on the new ROM

a) WiFi
b) A2DP
c) Sync over Exchange Server
d) Credent Biometric Finger print reader (cause I have hx2795)

Also how much memory left once you flash the ROM, is it faster than the HP ROM ?

@anavas--> a. Wifi works great. d Biometric finger print reader also works flawlessly (I have Hx2750). For b & c, sorry haven't try it.