One Click Method to Root?

Search This thread

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
Ya, I know I'm lazy but I've always used one click method of one type or another to root my phones. None currently available for N5?

Unrelated question but why does N5 cost so much less at google store than at tmobile?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Ya, I know I'm lazy but I've always used one click method of one type or another to root my phones. None currently available for N5?

Unrelated question but why does N5 cost so much less at google store than at tmobile?

why do you need a 1 click root, its a nexus..
1. fastboot oem unlock
2. fastboot flash a custom recovery
3. flash the su binaries
4. reboot and profit.

unrelated answer.. its googles phone, it costs them less than it costs tmobile to buy it.

Reactions: recDNA

DryEagle

Jan 31, 2012

CF-Auto-Root is pretty much 1 click. You can find it somewhere on N5 board, sorry dont remember which section, but it's easy to find.

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
1. fastboot oem unlock
3. flash the su binaries
4. reboot and profit.

unrelated answer.. its googles phone, it costs them less than it costs tmobile to buy it.

But if I buy from Google Tmobile will give me a sim card fir it? I know they charge 10 bucks for first sim.

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
No I don't have a tmobile account. I'm only getting one for this phone.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

you can probably still talk them into giving you a free sim, tmobile is easy like that. especially for a new account. anyways, even for $10, they would gladly get you a sim. being a company that just got rid of contracts altogether, they dont care if you bring your own phone.

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
Just keep an eye out on slickdeals or other deal sites like that. T-Mo often provides free SIMs (I got a couple about 2 months ago)

Knight-Rider

Feb 28, 2013
Nexus Root Toolkit I always use it, it's easy but like other said there's others way to root/unroot.

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
The last one click i used unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery and superuser without me doing anything but downloading drivers and connecting phone to computer.

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
What do you need a "one-click method" for the Nexus 5? The Nexus has to be the easiest device on the planet to root. Unlock the bootloader, install TWRP/CWM, flash the SuperSU binary. The hardest part is installing the SDK and drivers on your PC, which you have to do if you want to mod your device anyway, and even so it isn't that hard. Save a kitten.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you need a "one-click method" for the Nexus 5? The Nexus has to be the easiest device on the planet to root. Unlock the bootloader, install TWRP/CWM, flash the SuperSU binary. The hardest part is installing the SDK and drivers on your PC, which you have to do if you want to mod your device anyway, and even so it isn't that hard. Save a kitten.

1. fastboot oem unlock
    3. flash the su binaries
    4. reboot and profit.

CF-Auto-Root is pretty much 1 click. You can find it somewhere on N5 board, sorry dont remember which section, but it's easy to find.

you can probably still talk them into giving you a free sim, tmobile is easy like that. especially for a new account. anyways, even for $10, they would gladly get you a sim. being a company that just got rid of contracts altogether, they dont care if you bring your own phone.
    Just keep an eye out on slickdeals or other deal sites like that. T-Mo often provides free SIMs (I got a couple about 2 months ago)