The IR Blaster and TV App

Search This thread

Roberek

Jul 14, 2010
I have to say that the IR blaster bundled with the TV app is an awesome combination. The TV app wasn't mentioned anywhere else but it performs wonderfully and has some great features.

My Beer Belly

May 3, 2014
Yeah, I thought it was a gimmick and didn't give it much thought. But I gave it a shot the other night laying in bed and I can't believe I ignored it for so long. At night before falling asleep, I tend to just channel surf until I find something that I'll fall asleep to. The included guide that shows me sports or movies that are currently on without having to wade through hundreds of channels on the cable box's guide is amazing. Then I can just hit the tune button on the phone and it's playing on my TV in seconds.

It's so much more convenient because I typically have my phone nearby when I go to bed but could have left the remote anywhere in the bedroom. This way I have access to a better guide and I don't have to hunt for the remote in the dark.

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Also pleasantly surprised with it. I didn't think I'd use it but it's really versatile and easy to use so I found myself using it about as much as my actual remotes, which is nice.
Even the interface and features are surprisingly good - with one gripe: I wish I could add a device that wasn't either a TV, a Topbox or a Home Cinema amp.

Reactions: bit1

charly-whiskey

Jan 8, 2009
Soest
www.cwgc.de
Also pleasantly surprised with it. I didn't think I'd use it but it's really versatile and easy to use so I found myself using it about as much as my actual remotes, which is nice.
Even the interface and features are surprisingly good - with one gripe: I wish I could add a device that wasn't either a TV, a Topbox or a Home Cinema amp.

You can! At least you could let it learn from every remote you have. Just go to the remote app, swipe to the very most right called "more", and hit the + button.

Reactions: max.android

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
You can! At least you could let it learn from every remote you have. Just go to the remote app, swipe to the very most right called "more", and hit the + button.

Yeah, but it's button-by-button and is implied to be of a certain existing device, it's possible just annoying.
Still, all-in-all an excellent program.

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
You can download remote apps on the play store that work well. I downloaded one for my Apple TV and it works great

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best feature few know about. While the app is open you can use the volume rockers for TV volume control. Great for when you have to hold the phone out for control and it rotates on you