Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case

Search This thread

Jazz_Gen1

May 27, 2014
The one I ordered from Amazon yesterday has the single cutout pictured so hopefully they are only shipping the updated version.

It comes in later today so I will report back then.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

New model, looks and feels great. Especially with the Nilkin screen protector.

bliedel

Jun 28, 2010
FYI - This case DOES fit in the Seidio Surface Holster for the HTC One m8. Fits nice and snugly - very happy camper!

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
I placed an order for one of these immediately after receiving a Spigen Slim Armor last week...which is a beautifully made case in its own right, but just adds way too much bulk and weight to the phone. At first I wasn't that into the industrial look of the Unicorn Beetle, didn't think it matched the sleekness of the M8, but it grew on me, especially with how it highlights out the secondary camera.

Got the Supcase Unicorn Beetle today and I must say I'm very impressed by it. It looks really nice in person, especially with the faceted pinched in waist of the rear which visually is striking, and at the same time functionally helps to narrow the grip of the phone. I like how the sides are a matte TPU but still quite grippy, while the top edge is a glossy TPU to give it a bit of flash. It fits the M8 extremely well, quite a tight fit, but also feels way lighter and more form fitting than the Slim Armor. I have it combined with a tempered glass screen protector, and the end result is that there's not much of a lip left to put the phone screen down...it's just about flush.

My only gripe is just how dang sharp the openings are for the USB and headphone ports. I tend to use a pinky to help cradle the phone one handed, and my pinky lands right in those ports...and I can't help immediately feeling irritated by how sharp the edges are.

accipter

Jun 17, 2014
Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black)

Loving mine. Just got it today. I actually like it more than the hybrid bumper case from supcase.

cant wait for my UAG one. Then ill be all set for all my cases!

Added some of my pics incase anyone wanted to see :D

Thanks for the photos.

I am definitely going to have to pick one of these up.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
The frosted clear back has yellowed a bit on mine. :(

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DW-77

Feb 20, 2012
Wellington
I have had two significant drops from waist height onto concrete with this case on in the last few weeks. The case has very minor marks and the phone still looks brand new.

I am so happy with the decision to get this case.

taphius

Jan 5, 2010
I had one for my Note 3, honestly the best case I've purchased for any phone I've had. Just ordered two for my M8!

Honestly I don't "get" the love for this case. The black portions on the rear make the rear look weird and cover too much of the M8 design. As a better alternative but a similar case, I'd rather go for a PureGear:

PureGear 60580PG Slim Shell for New HTC One (M8) - Black by PureGear http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IQIB7QE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_-n5Ttb03WQJ0K

e9agy9ym.jpg

SSJSephiroth

Feb 22, 2009
FYI - This case DOES fit in the Seidio Surface Holster for the HTC One m8. Fits nice and snugly - very happy camper!

Just want to update on this as it is the main reason I finally bought this case. Yes, it does fit nicely, but the holster clip sits right on top of the power button. Rather than having my belt hoster constantly either turn on my screen or turn off my phone, I opted to remove the plastic covering the power button. It pops out rather easily (which is why they give you extras when you buy the case I would imagine) and fixes the issue entirely. Super happy with my choice. :D

bliedel

Jun 28, 2010
Just want to update on this as it is the main reason I finally bought this case. Yes, it does fit nicely, but the holster clip sits right on top of the power button. Rather than having my belt hoster constantly either turn on my screen or turn off my phone, I opted to remove the plastic covering the power button. It pops out rather easily (which is why they give you extras when you buy the case I would imagine) and fixes the issue entirely. Super happy with my choice. :D

I actually rather like that the case will auto-turn-off and auto-turn-on my phone for me.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005

I found placing the phone power button down in the holster fixed this issue and was actually a better fit. It just clicks right in.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lmm112190

Jul 24, 2010
I bought the Frost Clear/Gray one back at the end of may and overall it is holding up really well. My only complaint is that the outer gray band is now somewhat of a blue color from slidding it and out of my jeans pockets..... but for the price its great. If the discoloring does ever reach the point that I cant deal with it I would probably purchase the same case over again.

ddgarcia05

Mar 28, 2010
Edinburg / Mcallen, Texas
Anyone having this problem with what appears to be a air bubble on the back side of the case caused by a cavity on the inside of the case. It's at the bottom of the case.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1405186895507.jpg
    1405186895507.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 1405186926466.jpg
    1405186926466.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 457

catpunt

Apr 25, 2006
sorry to revive this thread, but i wanted to mention after using a few different cases this one is by far the best in terms of fit and finish. everything lines up and snaps on, and actuates very nicely. also i was able to put a universal qi charging receiver under the back and it works perfectly. cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case ( http://amzn.com/B00IJ0R02Y) in the mail today after ordering it Mar 27th. I have to say that for $3... I'm impressed. The price is up now that they're being mass produced.

It looks, feels, and fits great. The cutouts are perfect, volume and power are easily pressed, and the IR blaster works great through the frosted power button. It fits like a glove. It was actually a little difficult getting the phone in but pays off big by feeling like it belongs on the phone.

I highly recommend this case for the m8.
    8a4emutu.jpg
    gy8ahe2e.jpg
    udymygy4.jpg
    nyju6ube.jpg
    pehuvymu.jpg
    emene2ap.jpg

I heard this case was poorly built.

Not at all. I bought this case along with the Spigen Slim Armor same as Tikerz above. I used the SUPCASE for several days before the Spigen arrived. Used the Spigen for half an hour then switched back and gave the Spigen to a friend. The SUPCASE just feels much nicer, looks great, and the IR blaster works.
    UPDATE: Just thought I'd mention this: I dropped my phone from about waist level (unintentional) onto a tiled floor at work today and the case totally protected my phone. I almost didn't even hear the phone drop since it hit bumper first. I even took the case off to see if the body was dented...no damage to be found.

Also I've read some people observing that the camera cut out isn't totally perfectly centered, which was the case with mine when I first got my case. Over the course of about 1.5 weeks, the cutout is now pretty much perfectly centered. I guess it needed some time to settle and break in?

All in all, this case gets my thumbs up. Great case for a great price.
    Gotta love how good this case looks for the price. Just got it in the mail today and put it on my phone with very minimal effort, and I have a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass over the screen.. The IR blaster works without problems and the port holes are accurate. The back is not clear, but frosted (It's fine by me. It looks good and the HTC logo stands out since there's no branding over that area. Very well-made case in my opinion.
    Posted a picture for reference.
    Case came today. Not bad. Looks really nice on the gold M8, but not very protective IMO. Got the one linked in the OP. I'm so used to the Otter box commuter I hadon my S3. This isn't really anything more than a protective shell that is kind of rubberized around the edges with a very minimal raised lip around the screen. Certainly wouldn't feel safe dropping it. This has no where near the shock resistance that otter box or Trident have. Setting it face down on my desk at work, or a table indoors is ok, but not sure I would want to lay it like that outdoors without also having a screen protector. Feels pretty good in the hand, though tthe rubberized (tpu?) material around the outer edge feels a little cheap. I'd chalk it up to only costing $14, but the more expensive cases come with screen protectors. If I go and buy a separate screen protector for this now, I will have spent the same amount in the end, but for what seems like much less drop protection.

Overall I'd give this a 3 out of 5 if I had to rate it mainly due to the aesthetics. Would be better if it had a little more cushion around the corners, and little but bigger raised bezel around the screen. No port covers are another draw back to this case. These are the type of cases I've seen people drop their phone with something breaks, then tell them you should have spent more on an otter box or Trident type case. If your looking for something that just gives you that piece of mind by having something on your phone, but looks really great without adding any size, then this would be a good option. If your even remotely clumsy, active, or know you may drop your phone occasionally during the time you have it, then you may want to seek out something more durable.

This will work for me for a little while, just have to be careful I guess. Until I drop this thing on accident, won't know how well it really works...Lol

Think I may still order the clear uag case only cause I'd like to find that good protection but still be able to see the aesthetics of this beautiful device. Maybe even the Trident Aegis, as they look nicer than the commuter but with the same protection. We still have two S3's with the Aegis, and it's really nice.

You are wrong on how protective this case is sir. My phone dropped a good 4 foot drop from my hands with this case on. The phone faceplanted the hardwood floor and i was scared that my screen had shattered. When I flipped the phone over there were no signs of scuffs or scratches. The screen was perfectly in tact. I highly recommend this case to anybody.