Xperia Z3/Z3 Compact ****Official Indian Users Thread****

Search This thread

dj_richard05

May 16, 2013
Pune
The xperia zl was my first sony device and I loved it for its looks and design until it started acting crazy with the ear speaker and got it replaced at the service center. Surprisingly I never had any problems whatsoever from the SVC guys and they gave me a brand new device. My point is the sharp aquos crystal looks good but zl is even better. I wish there could have been ZL upgrades.

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
The xperia zl was my first sony device and I loved it for its looks and design until it started acting crazy with the ear speaker and got it replaced at the service center. Surprisingly I never had any problems whatsoever from the SVC guys and they gave me a brand new device. My point is the sharp aquos crystal looks good but zl is even better. I wish there could have been ZL upgrades.

My zl too got replaced... At that time adp was there now they completely removed the adp instead hired some technicians to fix the device..

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
Sony quietly announced Z3+ for global release but didn't mention the price and exact regions the handset being launched lets see if India sees the handset!!

shethsa

Dec 23, 2010
Mumbai
Whenever I lose the mobile signal I often don't get it back unless I toggle to and from airplane mode. On my z3c

shethsa

Dec 23, 2010
Mumbai
Funny things happening to my z3c of late.... Screen shaking and rapidly blinking (solved by a reboot), power button unresponsive for a few seconds.
Maybe it's a signal to change my phone!

shethsa

Dec 23, 2010
Mumbai
What's the best backup method to use for unrooted users? Something that is simple and comprehensive for backing up all app data. Currently I use helium and my backup pro - anything else?

thalada

Jan 9, 2012
Guys, i've just purchased my mobile through an reseller. He claims that my mobile is covered with Indian warranty, how do i verify the same?

Cheers

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
Guys, i've just purchased my mobile through an reseller. He claims that my mobile is covered with Indian warranty, how do i verify the same?

Cheers

There is no direct way of confirming that. But try contacting the sony customer care. If they give thumbs up you are good to go.
If u purchased indian model i think it will cover the warranty..
Good luck!!

Reactions: thalada

Prasad Anchan

Apr 7, 2014
Minor issues after lollipop update

Just a month ago I bought Z3 Compact, before I owned Z1C. I really loved small bazels and front dual speakers on z3c. I happen to listen music lot on airtel Wync app. Before lollipop the system sound setting applicable to Wync Music as well, so it was good(via earphones), but after lollipop update sound settings doent apply to Wync and the sound quality really sucks:mad:
Now coming to speakers, volume is not high as I was expecting and volume ratio is in adequate(i mean if i reduce volume by 2 points it should marginally reduce, however in my phone it just goes to just 30% volume output).
I read about solution to this problem for rooted phones, but i dont want to root this phone rite now(may try after warranty is over). Hoping that this would be fixed in next 5.1 update:rolleyes:
Camera indoor performance really disappoints, all photos took indoor during night looks like there is heavy smoke inside the room:crying:

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
Just a month ago I bought Z3 Compact, before I owned Z1C. I really loved small bazels and front dual speakers on z3c. I happen to listen music lot on airtel Wync app. Before lollipop the system sound setting applicable to Wync Music as well, so it was good(via earphones), but after lollipop update sound settings doent apply to Wync and the sound quality really sucks:mad:
Now coming to speakers, volume is not high as I was expecting and volume ratio is in adequate(i mean if i reduce volume by 2 points it should marginally reduce, however in my phone it just goes to just 30% volume output).
I read about solution to this problem for rooted phones, but i dont want to root this phone rite now(may try after warranty is over). Hoping that this would be fixed in next 5.1 update:rolleyes:
Camera indoor performance really disappoints, all photos took indoor during night looks like there is heavy smoke inside the room:crying:

I too have complaints in audio quality but i can live with it..i generally use my nc headset to listen music but waterproofing completely dissapoints in terms of audio quality of the phone.
Regarding photos, the indoor snaps are good, try the higher sensitivity mode while low light scene.
Lets hope they fix that equaliser in next update

dj_richard05

May 16, 2013
Pune
Sony is just gone nuts... No idea what their aggressive planning department is upto.. I wonder what would go thru with the people who just bought the Z3+/Z4 now and of this news of the Z5 with those specs is true then I would be surely mad..

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
Sony is just gone nuts... No idea what their aggressive planning department is upto.. I wonder what would go thru with the people who just bought the Z3+/Z4 now and of this news of the Z5 with those specs is true then I would be surely mad..

Exactly!! Thats why i m in no hurry this time and September is just around the corner. I hope the device is better.

dj_richard05

May 16, 2013
Pune
U again going for a Sony.. We discussed last time about Sony having the same designs and nothing revolutionary and u again opting for Sony. Well I have my eyes on the one plus 2. Only if Sony does something magical to their devices only then I would stick bro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now we demand the great from Best .Everyone please share what you think about Sony's New Beast!!!!!!!

sony_xperia_z3_black.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS​
    Camera and video

20.7 megapixel camera with auto focus
    8x digital zoom
    ISO 3200 maximum in manual mode
    Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
    4K video recording
    Front-facing camera, HD 1080p for video chat and 2.2 MP for camera capture
    Pulsed LED flash
    SteadyShot™ – video stabilisation
    Superior Auto – automatic scene selection
    HDR for photos and videos
    Burst mode
    Social live**
    Image stabiliser
    Geotagging – add location info to your photos
    Object tracking – lock focus on a specific object
    Red-eye reduction
    Image capture, supported file format: JPEG
    Image playback, supported file formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WebP
    Video capture, supported file formats: 3GPP, MP4
    Video playback, supported file formats: 3GPP, MP4, Matroska, AVI, Xvid, WebM
    Networks

GSM GPRS/EDGE (2G)
    UMTS HSPA (3G)
    TD-LTE (4G) Band 40 Supports Airtel ,Aircel and Reliance Jio 4G​

Display and design

5.2" Full HD display (1920x1080 pixels)
    TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile
    X-Reality™ for mobile picture engine​
    Entertainment​
    PlayStation® Certified
    PS4™ Remote Play******
    Processor (CPU)
    Snapdragon 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Quad-core
    Adreno 330 GPU
    Memory and storage​
    3 GB RAM
    Up to 16 GB flash memory*****
    Up to 128 GB microSD™ (card slot, SDXC supported)
    Sound​
    Sony 3D Surround Sound technology (VPT)
    Clear Audio+ – Sound improvement software
    DSEE HX
    High-res audio
    Audio recording, supported file formats: 3GPP, MP4, AMR
    Audio playback, supported file formats: 3GPP, MP4, ADTS, AMR, DSF, DSDIFF, FLAC, Matroska, SMF, XMF, Mobile XMF, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, iMelody, MP3, WAV, OGG, ASF
    Connectivity
    aGPS**
    Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology
    3.5 mm audio jack with Digital Noise Cancelling (DNC)
    DLNA Certified®
    NFC
    GLONASS**
    Native USB tethering
    Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync®, Facebook™, Google™ and SyncML™**
    USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support
    Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality

Others
    Qualcomm Quick Charging 2.0 supported
    3100mAh Li-on Battery
    Google Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
    Magnetic Charging Port​

Official India Product Page:
    Sony XPERIA Z3
    Sony XPERIA Z3 Compact

Available in India:
    Z3 LTE D6653 price 41,990 INR
    Z3 Compact 38,990 INR​
    Have close all button in recent tabs bro?

Yes, it have.

Pre- Rooted D6553 Rom with dual Recovery: [Post]
    Moto replaces cracked screens for free, but for that be sure to buy directly from Moto, my uncle (Hyderabad) did not and he cracked his screen, now has to pay. HTC also replaces shattered screens in first 6 months but check if they offer that in India.
    Its about their policies..
    But when your 50K device gets damaged without your fault..you can understand how it feels...
    But when a 15K device gets damaged anyhow you are able to accept that...its same with me now...From next time onwards no rushing to the store in the first place...damn..u sony..
    Xperia Z3 Launch India on 25 Sept - Press Invites Are Out

Sony India is sending Xperia Z3 Launch Press Invites, just now got the one :laugh: Will be attending the event :good:

Event on 25 Sept 12.30 PM at New Delhi.

Source - http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/09/22/sony-india-sending-xperia-z3-launch-press-invites/

Xperia-Z3-Sony-Press-Invite-25th-Sept-2014-India.png

Mr. Kenichiro Hibi, Managing Director, Sony India, will address the press conference

Devices to be unveiled - Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact

Venue : Venue : Shah Jehan Hall, Hotel Taj Mahal, 2 Sardar Patel Marg, New Delhi.
    Can anyone know how to adjust ISO manually.
    In manual mode i saw highest ISO as 800. But z3 supports 12800 ISO . Is it only in superior auto mode?
    Also anyone tried 4K vdeo max how many minutes u successfully shoot.
    I got 6 minutes after that i intentionally closed. it is 2.3GB

High sensitivity mode gives auto 12800 iso u dnt have to set manually