Novoskins UmiX Ultra Thin Bumper?

Search This thread

nappent

Anyone tried this case yet? It looks like it would work well with extended batteries and still very thin.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...S+2+II+i9100+Novoskins+UmiX+Ultra+Thin+Bumper

61WowXmObuL._AA1024_.jpg

jnguyen12

Jan 9, 2012
Looks awesome! I have a SGP Neo Hybrid EX and the white rubber is getting kinda brown.... I'm thinking about picking up the chrome one. Nobody has tried this out yet?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
Case looks good! I'm digging the white border/black back.

I got these but my SGP backing is beginning to sag (thinking of making it an EX)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333769343173.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333769343173.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 387

nappent

What's wrong with 18-26 business days ship? Does it make it sketchy?

No not really, but waiting almost a month for something un-tested take the excitement out of it. I did find they are selling cheaper on the sellers site but the site is a little sketchy. Will post the link later.

One thing i did notice later is that the volume and power buttons aren't covered. Those buttons take the most abuse so having them covered would be nice. Still, I'm very tempted to buy a case.

Last edited:

jnguyen12

Jan 9, 2012
My White Neo Hybrid is getting a little brown. I might pick up one of these. Just want a review or something first....

jnguyen12

Jan 9, 2012
When I get my check next week I'll do it. Then I'll get back to you in about 30 days when it comes in hahaha, I think I'll go with the black one.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Ok, ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax..._1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1334182757&sr=1-4

Estimated delivery May 8 - May 21 - I'll report back in a month... :D

EDIT: FYI the cost listed (if you buy it through Amazon) includes shipping - that's the total cost on my receipt, and S&H is $0.00

EDIT2: As of this morning, the order has shipped - expected delivery May 21st. So whatever the slowest shipping from the UK is, apparently...

Last edited:
Reactions: jcracken and J-Wall

jcracken

Oct 5, 2011
Litchfield Park
If anyone's wondering, I looked at the website and compared the Amazon listing and their site.

This is the same as this.

It's selling for $14.50 on Amazon, and 9 pounds on their website--which is about $14.30 according to Google. The price from the site does not include shipping, another 2 pounds or $3. Amazon is definitely cheaper, since shipping is free.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Arrived today - 9 days from order date - not bad. Pics attached, sorry for the quality - from a work BlackBerry.

Impressions - good fit, minimal bulk, but it gives better coverage than the Rearth Ringke slim I've been using, and feels like it would handle a drop better. The back plate just lies in the "tray", so I had to adjust it once on, but then seemed snug enough. All the ports and mics are open, buttons are easy to reach. Easy on, easy off - stiff enough I don't think it will stretch. Has a bit of a matte finish feel, so won't slide in and out of pocket as easily as the Ringke, but not sticky. Does hold the camera lens off the table, but the front rim is under the face so it does NOT offer any protection when face down.

My Ringke slim is cracking because I remove it multiple times a day to dock, so I think I will use this as a daily once that dies.

Any other questions?

Attachments

• IMG00002-20120420-1628.jpg
    IMG00002-20120420-1628.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG00007-20120420-1633.jpg
    IMG00007-20120420-1633.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG00003-20120420-1630.jpg
    IMG00003-20120420-1630.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG00006-20120420-1632.jpg
    IMG00006-20120420-1632.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: J-Wall

jcracken

Oct 5, 2011
Litchfield Park
Arrived today - 9 days from order date - not bad. Pics attached, sorry for the quality - from a work BlackBerry.

Impressions - good fit, minimal bulk, but it gives better coverage than the Rearth Ringke slim I've been using, and feels like it would handle a drop better. The back plate just lies in the "tray", so I had to adjust it once on, but then seemed snug enough. All the ports and mics are open, buttons are easy to reach. Easy on, easy off - stiff enough I don't think it will stretch. Has a bit of a matte finish feel, so won't slide in and out of pocket as easily as the Ringke, but not sticky. Does hold the camera lens off the table, but the front rim is under the face so it does NOT offer any protection when face down.

My Ringke slim is cracking because I remove it multiple times a day to dock, so I think I will use this as a daily once that dies.

Any other questions?
How thick does it make the phone--I have a Casemate Pop and I absolutely hate it because it makes the phone really chunky and thick.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
How thick does it make the phone--I have a Casemate Pop and I absolutely hate it because it makes the phone really chunky and thick.

It's definitely there, but thinner than others I've tried - about like the Casemate barely there. The Ringke slim is the best really thin one out there, I think, but you don't get the coverage...

I can live with this - you can tell you're using a case, but it's not bulky by any means.

Reactions: J-Wall and jcracken

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax..._1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1334182757&sr=1-4

Estimated delivery May 8 - May 21 - I'll report back in a month... :D

EDIT: FYI the cost listed (if you buy it through Amazon) includes shipping - that's the total cost on my receipt, and S&H is $0.00

EDIT2: As of this morning, the order has shipped - expected delivery May 21st. So whatever the slowest shipping from the UK is, apparently...

It's definitely there, but thinner than others I've tried - about like the Casemate barely there. The Ringke slim is the best really thin one out there, I think, but you don't get the coverage...

I can live with this - you can tell you're using a case, but it's not bulky by any means.
    I don't think so... we all are waiting for someone to order one sadly.

I'll take the hit - I'll order one tonight.

Any other questions?