bogo plus etf less than 2?

Search This thread

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009
I need to get 2 off contract phones for both me and the wife. Instead of paying full price for both what if I got a new account with the bogo and then immediately cancelled them paying the etf?

Is there anything rule or fine print that I'm missing here?

Sounds like this way it's 950 vs the 1200 straight up.

blacknet101

Dec 4, 2010
California
I need to get 2 off contract phones for both me and the wife. Instead of paying full price for both what if I got a new account with the bogo and then immediately cancelled them paying the etf?

Is there anything rule or fine print that I'm missing here?

Sounds like this way it's 950 vs the 1200 straight up.

I actually did that but with the S5, i have the M8 already, but I am getting the S5 so I'm using the BOGOF deal so if anything depends which one i stay with, I can sell them for good amount where i pay off the etf of those 2 added lines and still have money left in my pocket

sounds stupid but only way i can decide which device i will stay with

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009
Hmm.. so you have done this already? How soon after opening the new account can I etf because I can't have any more lines on my current.

agentdevan

Nov 19, 2010
Jonestown, PA
i did this through newegg. if you haven't owned the device for more than 90 days they will add on a device fee to the etf. I can't remember the exact amount but its a good chunk of the phone cost

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andrewnelson

Feb 5, 2014
Dhaka
Dropbox

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009
i did this through newegg. if you haven't owned the device for more than 90 days they will add on a device fee to the etf. I can't remember the exact amount but its a good chunk of the phone cost

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

but thats because newegg charges a fee on top of verizon. im planning on going straight with verizon.

14 days because that's when the Buyers Remorse period ends and the ETF goes into effect.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/return-policy

according to that i can return anytime and if i dont return the devices i pay 350 per even if it is in the 14 day period.. sounds like i can cancel within 24 hours as soon as the account is active.

droidmarc

Jan 19, 2012
why do you need to cancel the contract right away, why not wait till you change providers? why the rush, what is the benefit?

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009
why do you need to cancel the contract right away, why not wait till you change providers? why the rush, what is the benefit?

to explain my situation. im already with verizon. i have 5 plans on a family plan with no upgrades and unlimited data.

i was planning to open a new account, get 2 m8s with the bogof deal. so thats 200. cancel the plan, so thats 700 and then use the m8s on my original plan. this way i spend 900 as opposed to 1200 buying 2 m8s outright.