Pulled the trigger on the Note PRO 12.2 today with FREE Keyboard

Search This thread

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free. So far, really liking what Samsung has done with this Android tablet. I'm still a Windows user but this really comes close to what I need to get done.

I already tried using a Remote application to access my Surface Pro 2 tablet and works great. I haven't loaded the remote app that Samsung provides. I will continue to use this and test out for on the road use.

*Update: The FREE keyboard deal ended on May 29th.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

double07

May 14, 2008
I did the same over the weekend. I have to admit, this thing is big!!

geekaren

May 25, 2008
Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free.
I had a chance to try the Note Pro 12.2 at Best Buy (they didn't have a display unit but the Samsung rep had her personal tablet available to try). I was surprised by how much I liked it... I expected to be put off by the size. I went ahead and picked one up -- the extra screen real estate makes for a great inking experience with the S Pen.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Congrats and welcome to the forums?

Thanks... :good: Have to admit. The Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 makes a great Note Pad. Used it today for meetings and really liking the real estate compared to my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Can't wait for the FREE keyboard to arrive. Right now I am using the HP Bluetooth keyboard and a BT Microsoft pointer mouse.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Good luck with your new tab, and keep us updated amigo!

Sure will... By the way I did think of getting the Verizon Note PRO 12.2, but I have AT&T. Do you know if the Verizon Note PRO is carrier unlocked? This is also on sale for $749 and would get FREE keyboard. I already have a few tablets on AT&T and use the SIM card from the tablets to use on the other tablets.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I did the same over the weekend. I have to admit, this thing is big!!

Which color did you get? I was thinking of getting the white one, but ended up getting the black one like my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. How are you liking the Note PRO 12.2?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I had a chance to try the Note Pro 12.2 at Best Buy (they didn't have a display unit but the Samsung rep had her personal tablet available to try). I was surprised by how much I liked it... I expected to be put off by the size. I went ahead and picked one up -- the extra screen real estate makes for a great inking experience with the S Pen.

I agree. Without trying it, you might think it is too big. When I first tested the Note PRO and the Tab PRO at CES, I really thought I would pick one up at some point. But I wanted the price to drop. I almost purchased when it had dropped $100 off, but with the FREE keyboard, made me get one. :)

cavkic

Sep 20, 2009
Bihac
Sure will... By the way I did think of getting the Verizon Note PRO 12.2, but I have AT&T. Do you know if the Verizon Note PRO is carrier unlocked? This is also on sale for $749 and would get FREE keyboard. I already have a few tablets on AT&T and use the SIM card from the tablets to use on the other tablets.

TBH I have no idea, but if I had to guess I'd say it's locked (Verizon being Verizon and all...)

drot84

Mar 25, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I took the plunge on Saturday with the sale and free keyboard, which they had to order and should be in tomorrow. I'm liking it so far, although still trying to learn everything and take advantage of the size, pen, and processing power. Got the 32gb black wifi version.

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free. So far, really liking what Samsung has done with this Android tablet. I'm still a Windows user but this really comes close to what I need to get done.

I already tried using a Remote application to access my Surface Pro 2 tablet and works great. I haven't loaded the remote app that Samsung provides. I will continue to use this and test out for on the road use.

Your post with the free keyboard (is it really a $130 value) made me pull the trigger as well. I will probably root it (basically so that I can put any app in the multi window). But does anybody know if rooting it would affect the screen mirroring?

edit: nvm I just saw the thread that speaks of a fix for the screen mirroring

Last edited:

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
It's good to see this sale has created such a following for the Note 12.2 on XDA. I wasn't paying much attention to tablet news recently and only accidentally came across the demo for the Tab 12.2 while shopping at Costco. I fell in love with the screen instantly, that was on Saturday and Thursday night I placed an order for the Note directly from Samsung. It's an expensive spontaneous purchase but it has everything I wanted when I tried but failed to like the Nexus 10. Firstly the screen is amazing, it has super battery life, expandable memory, multi-window and the processing power to do everything smoothly. I can't wait to get it, has anyone had the chance to use it on a plane yet? I'm wondering how well it fits on the tray.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
It's good to see this sale has created such a following for the Note 12.2 on XDA. I wasn't paying much attention to tablet news recently and only accidentally came across the demo for the Tab 12.2 while shopping at Costco. I fell in love with the screen instantly, that was on Saturday and Thursday night I placed an order for the Note directly from Samsung. It's an expensive spontaneous purchase but it has everything I wanted when I tried but failed to like the Nexus 10. Firstly the screen is amazing, it has super battery life, expandable memory, multi-window and the processing power to do everything smoothly. I can't wait to get it, has anyone had the chance to use it on a plane yet? I'm wondering how well it fits on the tray.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I am going for about week using the Note PRO and so far it has met my needs for work and for home use. I got the email that my FREE keyboard was in at Best Buy yesterday but went today to pick up. Unfortunatley the black keyboard is on back order and Best Buy can't even order it. :( I got the white keyboard for now. The guy at the store said since I have 45 days to keep an eye once the black keyboard was in-stock, then I can exchange it. I am typing on the keyboard and typing is very good. I don't see any problem that would prevent you from using the keyboard to get some serious work done...

I was using the Note PRO to watch a movie the other night to my Samsung Plasma TV... Worked great! No wires.

etuby6y6.jpg

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Here is what the white Samsung keyboard looks like with the black Galaxy Note PRO12.2 tablet. Hopefully the black keyboard will be in-stock soon. Don't think I can get use to the white keyboard , or maybe I might..

2udusuju.jpg

double07

May 14, 2008
Here is what the white Samsung keyboard looks like with the black Galaxy Note PRO12.2 tablet. Hopefully the black keyboard will be in-stock soon. Don't think I can get use to the white keyboard , or maybe I might..

2udusuju.jpg

I chose to go with the dual tones as well. I tried that combo at the store and I actually like it.

lwsoccjs

Mar 29, 2013
Not sure if worth it

Here is mine.
7u5urumy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I got the same sale but am I the only one that is returning tablet?
I just can not find enough reasons to keep it since I already have a powerful laptop and note 3. I am actually leaning towards a surface pro. Reasoning has to do with websites especially ones concerning my college as some websites load weird on the tab. Also even with keyboard its still awkward as it another item I have to keep around while I'm not typing which I want to do papers on this. But since the keyboard doesn't fit well when your using tablet but not keyboard kinda annoying opinions?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Here is mine.
7u5urumy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looking good! How is the Logitech mouse working? I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000. I was at Best Buy today and almost purchased the S-Mouse, but I also saw the white Logitech mouse.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I got the same sale but am I the only one that is returning tablet?
I just can not find enough reasons to keep it since I already have a powerful laptop and note 3. I am actually leaning towards a surface pro. Reasoning has to do with websites especially ones concerning my college as some websites load weird on the tab. Also even with keyboard its still awkward as it another item I have to keep around while I'm not typing which I want to do papers on this. But since the keyboard doesn't fit well when your using tablet but not keyboard kinda annoying opinions?

I find the Galaxy Note PRO to be able to get work done. Sure it won't replace my Surface Pro 2 but can get most of what I need done. For some this tablet just won't work because they require full Windows application or special programs. The new Surface Pro 3 is pretty much the same size as the Note PRO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What were you coming from?

I am still using the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and also the Surface Pro 2. Still trying to fit in the Note PRO. Today used the Note PRO 12.2 to go over some PDF files at work around the conference table. Worked great just as if I had printed out the PDF files.

First, you will never be through.... it's always upgrade... I just pre-ordered Tab S 10 myself.

You will appreciate the Note 12 screen size when you are trying to use it for work related contents. Remote desktop for example. it is nice to have that screen size. I actually get the entire of 2600x1440 or was it 1600 screen? Fonts are pretty small though.. working with doc, execl, power point is much better on this screen size.

Yeah you'll never be done. ? But this screen size has been very productive for me, especially using to remotely log in to work computers. Hancom Office is the closest I have used to Microsoft Office. Viewing PDF Files in portrait is great as well. Use stylus to mark up and email back.