[Q] Should I use custom ROM?

Search This thread
I just upgraded from galaxy s2 to an s3 and I absolutely love the new phone. So much faster than my old phone and the battery life is 10 times better.
I put more custom ROM's than I care to count on my old s2, but I'm thinking about keeping stock on this one, at least for now. At the moment I'm enjoying some of the different features that are new to me, such as S-beam and NFC. Will I lose these if I install new ROM? Do most of y'all run a custom ROM on your S3? I'm rooted and running Phil's recovery, which I love by the way.
Any tips for me?
Thanks in advance. :cyclops:

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
I ran a custom rom for a long long time. However, with the latest update I'm running stock rooted with xposed and wanam. Really seems to work for me. If you like a custom phone with the least amount of work, go with a rom. If you want to try and customize it (completely) yourself, leave it with a custom recovery and start installing....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JoHnNYBlaZE716

Dec 31, 2013
Buffalo
I'm rooted with philz recovery rocking bilgerryans wicked x 4.4.2 custom ROM. And IMO I think its wonderful. I've had very few issues while running this ROM. If you decide to flash a custom ROM be sure to read up on what you're doing (not saying you don't know what you're doing) because if you're on the nd8 build there have been a lot of problems and bricked phones due to Knox. There are a lot of threads with great information on what to do and how to do it. Best of luck to you!!

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg

Thanks

I ran a custom rom for a long long time. However, with the latest update I'm running stock rooted with xposed and wanam. Really seems to work for me. If you like a custom phone with the least amount of work, go with a rom. If you want to try and customize it (completely) yourself, leave it with a custom recovery and start installing....

I'm running xposed but never used wanam. I think I'll go give it a try. Thanks for the reply!

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
I'm running xposed but never used wanam. I think I'll go give it a try. Thanks for the reply!

Wanam itself isn't a miracle cure, but it seems to have a few of the special tweaks that I look for. Everything else I can find thru custom apks. I try to keep in mind that any rom that I load is going to have "bloat", meaning stuff (no matter how cool) that I will never use or use once and get bored with....

Wicked

I'm rooted with philz recovery rocking bilgerryans wicked x 4.4.2 custom ROM. And IMO I think its wonderful. I've had very few issues while running this ROM. If you decide to flash a custom ROM be sure to read up on what you're doing (not saying you don't know what you're doing) because if you're on the nd8 build there have been a lot of problems and bricked phones due to Knox. There are a lot of threads with great information on what to do and how to do it. Best of luck to you!!

I know how easy it is to screw your phone up flashing ROMs so I've been doing a lot of reading on flashing the s3. It took me a while to figure out rootin it with the update but I got it finally. I've been learning toward trying Wicked because it's one I never used on my s2. I think I've tested almost everyone out there at one time or another. Wicked looks just that, wicked.

Reactions: bilgerryan
Wanam itself isn't a miracle cure, but it seems to have a few of the special tweaks that I look for. Everything else I can find thru custom apks. I try to keep in mind that any rom that I load is going to have "bloat", meaning stuff (no matter how cool) that I will never use or use once and get bored with....

I love tweaking my phone. Wanam looks like what I'm looking for until I decide to try out a rom. I've got titanium backup for gettin rid of the bloat. Just never sure which system apps are totally safe to uninstall but I'm sure a quick google search can help. I may decide to try out Wicked or a touchwiz rom later but for now I'm gonna play around with tweaking it myself. Thanks for the feedback.

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
... I've got titanium backup for gettin rid of the bloat. Just never sure which system apps are totally safe to uninstall but I'm sure a quick google search can help.

This may be a good place to start;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1913428

Keep in mind it's fairly old (but I still go back to it). Also, the great thing about TB is that I can freeze apps and continue running my phone. If I don't have any problems, I can (slowly) start to uninstall them...

Edit: oh, and have fun messing with that phone :D

Wicked for sure

Wicked x is by far the best rom out there.highly recommend it.just mine and a lot of peoples opinions.

sent from my rooted 4.4.2 wicked pissah x sprint samsung galaxy s3.

Wicked X it is. I've been doing my research and everyone seems to love this rom. I'm hoping that I don't have any issues with MMS or data, but I'm sure there is a fix if I do run into that problem. I'm excited to try this one out!!!
Thanks for everyone's input. :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Reactions: bilgerryan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg
    Wicked x is by far the best rom out there.highly recommend it.just mine and a lot of peoples opinions.

sent from my rooted 4.4.2 wicked pissah x sprint samsung galaxy s3.

As long as you stick with TouchWiz you'll keep those features.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png