[APP] UPDATE [11/08] - SmartLauncher - V2.1 - Generic Version

Search This thread

elmalote

Dec 15, 2007
SmartLauncher => Beta v.0.9

I've always found it a little hassle to go into Comm manager, turn on WiFi and then go out and launch Opera when wanting to surf with my TD2. And then turning of WiFi when done.
So I decided to code my own application that does this in one click. Ideal for setting it as the default app for the Long Press on End button. ;)

What does it do:
- Activates WiFi & connects to preferred access point
- Shows connection strength, IP, SSID name, speed, statistics and authentication mode
- Able to launch Opera browser with the same button that enables WiFi
- Turn off WiFi when done
- One-Click Launch

Limitations in this version

- The Disconnect Data button is not implemented yet, also coming in next versions (hopefully)

To Do
- Implement Disconnect Data

Enjoy :)

UPDATE v.1.0

- Added One Click setting. When enabled it activates and launches Opera without need for user interaction.
- More fingerfriendly (thanks for the images RDT)
- Optimized code / cleanup

Issues / Not tested:
- I'm not sure the one click setting closing Opera on exit works on all devices.
- Still not generic, you must have OperaL.exe in your windows folder unless its already there (stock ROM)
- Data disabled still not implemented, hoping it will work soon with the help of Paul from Modaco.

UPDATE v.1.1

- Added Usage Statistics
- Added Network Speed

UPDATE v.1.1.3

UI Updated

UPDATE V2

- New UI Icon controled, much more fingerfriendly
- 70% of code rewritten
- Better performance
- VGA version up

UPDATE 11/08

- Generic version, works with all devices now
- If Opera is not installed it will automatically launch Internet Explorer
- Code cleanup

Last edited:

elmalote

Dec 15, 2007
Suggestions for Future Releases

- One step launcher => Activate WiFi and Launch Opera (no need for button clicks)
- Option to quit Opera on Exit as well

Last edited:

TinTin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Sounds good - gonna try it tomorrow. One suggestion: Offer a one-step .exe, so one more click would be saved. I for one don't need all the information at all times that the Launcher provides. Maybe have both a launcher with a "Go" button and and a one-step launcher, where we don't have to click Go first.

Last edited:

elmalote

Dec 15, 2007
Sounds good - gonna try it tomorrow. One suggestion: Offer a one-step .exe, so one more click would be saved. I for one don't need all the information at all times that the Launcher provides. Maybe have both a launcher with a "Go" button and and a one-step launcher, where we don't have to click Go first.

Sounds like a good idea. Will look at it when I get back ;)

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
One needs the Exit Function of course, so it doesn't make sense to have 2 apps (as I suggested in my first request). So I'm rephrasing my request to be able to set SmartLauncher to launch Wifi and Opera upon start automatically, switching to Opera and keeping the Launcher in the Background (available via Taskmanager).

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Minor bug... authentication mode cut off on my screen

Attachments

• Screen040.jpg
    Screen040.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 120

RDT

Feb 22, 2008
Prague
Great tool!

Yes, longer texts are not visible:

attachment.php

And on the second tab is a typist's error ;):

attachment.php

And by the way, a very useful tool!

Attachments

• sl1.png
    sl1.png
    2 KB · Views: 6,497
  • sl2.png
    sl2.png
    3 KB · Views: 6,486

RDT

Feb 22, 2008
Prague
Improvement

I have an idea for improvement :). It would be convenient to have larger buttons for easy control with the fingers. Something like that:

attachment.php
and
attachment.php

Attachments

• go.png
    go.png
    776 bytes · Views: 556
  • exit.png
    exit.png
    666 bytes · Views: 550

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Tried the latest version and got an exception - probably due to some missing registry keys. I uninstalled and deleted all keys, then installed again and got rid of the problem.

Unfortunately Opera checks for the Wifi Connection when it's not there yet and hence starts the mobile connection on my device. It may need a little more of a delay for Wifi to successfully connect, before you open Opera.

hth