Weird Noise in Maclaw 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

haguilar91

Sep 6, 2012
Hi,
I have a s3 mini, and i recently installed Cyanogenmod 11 from Maclaw (Works Awesome) the only thing i'm noting, is that when you update your twitter feed (Swipe from the top to update) Twitter usually makes a sound, but instead is making a weird electric buzz and also when i enable sound when i type on Swiftkey is still making that weird buzz, i removed the EQ app, but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

james.faction

Jan 20, 2014
yeah I'm having the issue too. Happens on phone unlock and some other notifications. Doesn't matter how quiet I have the notifications volume.

There has been no update to Maclaw Carbon since 5 January... In fact there has been no update on the official Carbon website since 4 Jan :(

Oh wait... this is for CyanogenMod not Carbon. Funny, I'm getting the same issue with my Carbon ROM...

KingGehl

Dec 19, 2013
Gues Carbon is on CM Sources by Maclaw, so same issues. Don´t think that @thehacka1 is going it to update it in next time... :laugh:
But for me, everything works fine. No sound issue... Maybe i´m a lucky guy

lexihel

May 25, 2010
San Juan de los Morros
Maybe it is, I don't know, device especific? I mean, I have the same problem with twitter with both notifications and "refresh" sound, but in my case is random, however. I can refresh now and get the weird buzz, and refresh two hours later hearing nothing but Twitters original sounds. So maybe is something varying from device to device that causes the bug "always" in some releases, and sometimes or never in others.

KingGehl

Dec 19, 2013
Maybe it is, I don't know, device especific? I mean, I have the same problem with twitter with both notifications and "refresh" sound, but in my case is random, however. I can refresh now and get the weird buzz, and refresh two hours later hearing nothing but Twitters original sounds. So maybe is something varying from device to device that causes the bug "always" in some releases, and sometimes or never in others.

Did you try with a clean install? Can´t imagine this problem could be device specific

haguilar91

Sep 6, 2012
Let us know if it helps :laugh:

I did a Clean install with today's release, scratching, buzzing sound still present.

Apps With the Issue

-While Refreshing Twitter.
-When you enable key sound on Swiftkey, when you press any key the buzzing appears.
- Tap Tap Revenge.
- Line.

I think the buzzing appears when the sound from the App is Loud and Sharp.

Still not fixed. i have an i8190L

KingGehl

Dec 19, 2013
OK, as i see, Mac already gave the answer... So there's hope for you guy's ;)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

haguilar91

Sep 6, 2012
I did a Clean install with today's release, scratching, buzzing sound still present.

Apps With the Issue

-While Refreshing Twitter.
-When you enable key sound on Swiftkey, when you press any key the buzzing appears.
- Tap Tap Revenge.
- Line.

I think the buzzing appears when the sound from the App is Loud and Sharp.

Still not fixed. i have an i8190L

Updated:
Here is a video i made with the Noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOavyzT7Dc

TDK91

Jan 7, 2014
Mac is already working on it updating sound sources. It happens with the mono sounds, he sais and makes sense.