[Q] Set Warranty Bit: Kernel...no boot

Search This thread

Dirtylarry11

Nov 27, 2012
Hi All, I currently have wicked rom on my note 3 tmobile, but I have tried to flash 2 different Roms, and after flash I get the "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" message at the top of screen, but I dont get anything else...there is nothing else about seandroid or whatever, I do get the Samsung logo but It just sits there. I have TWRP installed 2.6.3 I believe it is, I'm new to this phone and the terminology etc, but I just cant get anywhere with it. Im guessing it has something to do with my phone still having Android 4.3 on it? SM-N900T is the model....can someone enlighten me on this?....I'd like to try a Kit Kat rom..Thanks for your time!!!!

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi All, I currently have wicked rom on my note 3 tmobile, but I have tried to flash 2 different Roms, and after flash I get the "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" message at the top of screen, but I dont get anything else...there is nothing else about seandroid or whatever, I do get the Samsung logo but It just sits there. I have TWRP installed 2.6.3 I believe it is, I'm new to this phone and the terminology etc, but I just cant get anywhere with it. Im guessing it has something to do with my phone still having Android 4.3 on it? SM-N900T is the model....can someone enlighten me on this?....I'd like to try a Kit Kat rom..Thanks for your time!!!!

This here is the International Note 3 forum.

You should probably ask in the specific T-Mobile Note 3 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
To use a Samsung based kit kat build you'd first have to flash the kit kat boot loader from an official firmware. This is not reversible and there would be no going back to stock 4.3.
I did it and my only issue was the sd card security bug but that's easy to fix if you have root.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
You might need to check if you have re-activation lock activated. This is generally the culprit for not allowing boot.
You need to flash stock rom then untick re-activation lock.

aleksa6767

Nov 28, 2013
Belgrade
twitter.com

I have had the same problem. Solved it by flashing the stock KK firmware.

You can download it from sammobile.com

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk