[Q] would you recommend getting this phone now?

Search This thread

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
The title says it all. Mostly considering future proofing.

It's still a great phone and considering the S5 will be released shortly it should drop a little in price, so will be great value. Depends on what you're after as well. The nexus 5 is great value as well and you know with buying a nexus you'll be getting updates for a while yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

maatus

Jul 17, 2012
It's still a great phone and considering the S5 will be released shortly it should drop a little in price, so will be great value. Depends on what you're after as well. The nexus 5 is great value as well and you know with buying a nexus you'll be getting updates for a while yet.

I got the s3 the first day it was released. When the s4 came out it didnt seem like it was worth the extra buck but now its around 370€ which is not bad. The s5 didnt meet my expectations. The only thing bothering me is whether the s600 would get me going for the next two years.

G2 is the same price now as the s4 but I am not too fond of LG and the back buttons. Also the z1 compact is on my mind but I am not too sure about the design.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
I got the s3 the first day it was released. When the s4 came out it didnt seem like it was worth the extra buck but now its around 370€ which is not bad. The s5 didnt meet my expectations. The only thing bothering me is whether the s600 would get me going for the next two years.

G2 is the same price now as the s4 but I am not too fond of LG and the back buttons. Also the z1 compact is on my mind but I am not too sure about the design.

This is my first Samsung, I seen a few friends with the S3 and wanted one. I still like the look and design of it than the S4, the rounded edges feel nicer and the screen smoother at the sides, as the S4 has more of a rim around the edge. But Im really impressed by it and haven't got the upgrade itch for the s5.

younus_malik

Nov 28, 2006
dont buy this one. buy HTC one or nexus 5. both are cheaper and better made. nexus 5 ensures you get the android update instantaneously. Samsung put too much crappy bloatware apps that slows down your mobile despite you use them or not. BTW i haven't yet received 4.4.2 update on my mobile which nexus mobile received like 4-5 months ago. Buying this phone was a mistake that i made and most likely my next phone will be nexus 6 or iphone 6

Last edited:

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
If you are set for buying a Samsung and Android then yes, this is the right time. The price is decent, and knowing S5 basically sucks well the rest is self explanatory. Nothing is future proof however, let alone S4.

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
I have to go with the nexus, it just has a smooth simple experience right out of the box, my s4 is more laggy for some reason except when using cyanogen, the camera and functions is great but I think it shouldn't compromise user experience.I have the i9505 and nexus 4 and for some reason the n4 is just more pleasant as a daily driver, been reliable and smooth since i bought it while my s4 requires some tuning, trial and error

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I always thought I would NEVER need to root my s4 but once I did and started using echoe roms I don't regret doing it or having a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 in my life.
I can say this is the best phone I've ever had In my life...
P.s. I've had about 12+ phones in my life over the past 12+ years starting with a Nokia 1600. Calling and only receiving text messages No sending of text messages at all...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app