Anyone coming from Nexus 5 to Z1c?

Search This thread

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
I currently have a Nexus 5 and dropped it and now have a broken screen. Was thinking about getting a new Nexus 5, but the wait time is too long for me. I like the Nexus 5 screen size, but my fingers can't reach the screen from diagonal to diagonal with one hand. Saw the Z1 compact and am really considering it.

A couple questions for those that switched from the N5 to Z1c

1) Is the 4.3 inch feel crammed? I know I will easily be able to use it one handed, but how is it with playing games? Never had a screen smaller than 4.7 inches.

2) I am in the US AT&T and I know it does not support one band on AT&T, how is the HSPA+ speed? Such as web browsing, viewing vines, and you tubing?

3) Do you miss the N5 or really happy with the switch?

This phone looks awesome ad I am really close to pulling the trigger. Just had a few concerns on minor things since I have watched all the videos out there on the Z1c :D .
Thanks in advance and hopefully this will help me make my decision!

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
I come from Nexus4 (which, as the case dimensions is almost identical with N5).

1. yes .. but only for a day or 2 .. after that you no longer notice the difference.
2. HSPA+ is excellent for watching Netflix movies (I'm doing this every day :) using the phone as a hotspot for my tablet)
3. I'm not missing my old phone at all .. I simply love the size and the "snapiness".

As a background, my last 2 phones were HTC ONE and then Nexus4 ...

Reactions: choboii

d_ganggreen

Mar 3, 2014
Schertz
I currently have a Nexus 5 and dropped it and now have a broken screen. Was thinking about getting a new Nexus 5, but the wait time is too long for me. I like the Nexus 5 screen size, but my fingers can't reach the screen from diagonal to diagonal with one hand. Saw the Z1 compact and am really considering it.

1) Is the 4.3 inch feel crammed? I know I will easily be able to use it one handed, but how is it with playing games? Never had a screen smaller than 4.7 inches.

2) I am in the US AT&T and I know it does not support one band on AT&T, how is the HSPA+ speed? Such as web browsing, viewing vines, and you tubing?

This phone looks awesome ad I am really close to pulling the trigger. Just had a few concerns on minor things since I have watched all the videos out there on the Z1c :D .

I do miss the larger screen somewhat, but after two days now I can say I am getting over it. Well worth the change for me for what I am getting in return. FM radio, better battery, waterproof, and yes the ability to use one-handed.

Actually what I miss more than the screen size is the "full screen" use of KitKat. Once this update is pushed to the Z1C, and I get the see thru menu I will never look back.

I am also on AT&T, but am currently in Germany so I can't test the speeds yet.

v/r
D

Last edited:

ajbattaglia83

Dec 6, 2010
I came from a Nexus 5 on AT&T, HSPA+ speeds are fine for me I didn't use lte on my N5 either to save battery so not an issue for me. I also don't miss the large screen though I don't play games on it I use my nexus 7 for that

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adey64

Jun 29, 2012
rly good feeback i really want to know how different is the nexus 5 in terms of snappiness and smoothness in the android os compared to z1c? do animations/scrolling work better on n5?

d_ganggreen

Mar 3, 2014
Schertz
rly good feeback i really want to know how different is the nexus 5 in terms of snappiness and smoothness in the android os compared to z1c? do animations/scrolling work better on n5?

I can't notice any difference between the two. Neither phone has any lag from my use. I do have animations turned off through developer options though...just my preference as it makes the device a bit "snappier".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come from Nexus4 (which, as the case dimensions is almost identical with N5).

1. yes .. but only for a day or 2 .. after that you no longer notice the difference.
    2. HSPA+ is excellent for watching Netflix movies (I'm doing this every day :) using the phone as a hotspot for my tablet)
    3. I'm not missing my old phone at all .. I simply love the size and the "snapiness".

As a background, my last 2 phones were HTC ONE and then Nexus4 ...

I do miss the larger screen somewhat, but after two days now I can say I am getting over it. Well worth the change for me for what I am getting in return. FM radio, better battery, waterproof, and yes the ability to use one-handed.

Actually what I miss more than the screen size is the "full screen" use of KitKat. Once this update is pushed to the Z1C, and I get the see thru menu I will never look back.

I am also on AT&T, but am currently in Germany so I can't test the speeds yet.

v/r
    D
    I came from a Nexus 5 on AT&T, HSPA+ speeds are fine for me I didn't use lte on my N5 either to save battery so not an issue for me. I also don't miss the large screen though I don't play games on it I use my nexus 7 for that

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app