Help! Can't return to stock

Search This thread

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
Hey guys, any info on this would be great.

Have a ATT Note 3... It boots into recovery and Download mode..

Basically, I was going to install knoxraid, wiped /system /data, but didn't have the rom file to flash.

Then, rebooted phone, and it will go into stock recovery but not safestrap.

Please help... I know it can't be completely bricked.

I tried unbrick-soft-bricked-att-galaxy-note-3-sm-900a but it fails :(

(also, I am sure Samsung drivers are installed)

Ideas4ya

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus Open

Basically, I was going to install knoxraid, wiped /system /data, but didn't have the rom file to flash.

So you can't get the phone to boot normally? What happens when you try to let the phone boot up on it's on without trying to go into recovery or download mode?

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
Same thing happened to me once.. just took it to my nearest at&t and told them I was upgrading to kit Kat by computer thru kies and that my daughter unplugged my phone during its process and failed and they fixed it for me..free

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Reactions: macqueyl

htsl

Feb 3, 2014

I believe you are going to have to Odin back with the Odin JB files. Their is three of them. I see if I can find you more info as to what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Here is the like on how to get back to JB.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2707555

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
I believe you are going to have to Odin back with the Odin JB files. Their is three of them. I see if I can find you more info as to what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Here is the like on how to get back to JB.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2707555

That would work beautifully, but I don't have safe strap installed and can't get into a ROM... :(

Basically, I can get into download and stock recovery mode.

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
So you can't get the phone to boot normally? What happens when you try to let the phone boot up on it's on without trying to go into recovery or download mode?

Nope, I erased system and data... So, I can get into recovery and download mode. :(

Any help is hugely appreciated....if I could flash safe strap, it would be fine.

htsl

Feb 3, 2014
Nope, I erased system and data... So, I can get into recovery and download mode. :(

Any help is hugely appreciated....if I could flash safe strap, it would be fine.

All your gonna have to do is Odin some JB files and your Safestrap should still be on their regardless of you erassing your system data.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

What version of SafeStrap did you have installed ? 3.7.1 or 3.7.2

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Dude. Wait. If you wiped system you have no rom..All you have to do is use your computer and download a rom and push to your sd card. Then use stock or recovery to flash. Lol. I did this on my nexus once. Anyway it's simple fix.

KennyLG123

Jan 11, 2014
WESTCHESTER OH

I would say you could revert to MJ5 link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715. Read it to the T. This will put the MJ5 4.3 back on your phone. You don't need safestrap to revert back to MJ5 method. You can root and install safestrap back on when its installed. Just do steps 1-9 if you don't want to root this method. don't worry about this download link ( https://mega.co.nz/#F!icMTnSQY!bMBNFmUnn2_K8olSTYpwIA (mirror provided by drakeymcmb) i'ts just a mirror for the ml9 fix.image ext4.

Last edited:

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
I would say you could revert to MJ5 link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715. Read it to the T. This will put the MJ5 4.3 back on your phone. You don't need safestrap to revert back to MJ5 method. You can root and install safestrap back on when its installed. Just do steps 1-9 if you don't want to root this method. don't worry about this download link ( https://mega.co.nz/#F!icMTnSQY!bMBNFmUnn2_K8olSTYpwIA (mirror provided by drakeymcmb) i'ts just a mirror for the ml9 fix.image ext4.

Alright, I'll follow this eexact. I am not new to flashing and ROM mods. (Been doing it since the s2). I normally would push via ADB, use a custom recovery and be set. But, just picked up the note 2… and ADB wouldnt detect the phone to push ROM.. (Using ADB device). So, anyways.... I know I have to use ODIN. I know its not fubard because the phone boots into download and stock recovery mode.

Thanks everyone, I really want to get this fix. Luckily I have a nexus 5 as well.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Alright, I'll follow this eexact. I am not new to flashing and ROM mods. (Been doing it since the s2). I normally would push via ADB, use a custom recovery and be set. But, just picked up the note 2… and ADB wouldnt detect the phone to push ROM.. (Using ADB device). So, anyways.... I know I have to use ODIN. I know its not fubard because the phone boots into download and stock recovery mode.

Thanks everyone, I really want to get this fix. Luckily I have a nexus 5 as well.

hold on do you have the note 2 or note 3

KennyLG123

Jan 11, 2014
WESTCHESTER OH

We can't use the old way to get into our or past our bootloaders. If you follow everything on revert to MJ5 steps 1-9 that should give you bootable verse of MJ5 4.3. If you still want root and stay on MJ5 ok. If you want the next software fix then don't root yet then try to get the NB4 patch then you can root with Kingo 1.18.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same thing happened to me once.. just took it to my nearest at&t and told them I was upgrading to kit Kat by computer thru kies and that my daughter unplugged my phone during its process and failed and they fixed it for me..free