[Q] XBMC Hogging all my space HELP!

Search This thread

myteematt

Aug 23, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida
Im running XBMC 13 and tried relocating the app with per instructions on this site however it doesnt use the data/obb directories. How do I change the profile path/directory in XBMC to point it to the stickmount mounted drive. I know this will solve alot of users problems as XBMC can be a space hog on the Fire TV? Thanks in advance

htpcforall

Jun 18, 2014
san diego
Try moving your thumbnail folder

Very close but not what I was looking for. Ideally I want to redirect addons directory, userdata,addon_data directory only. Some addons use alot of space in their own addon folders and make it difficult to manage. Thanks in advance

The thumbnails folder in userdata takes up the most memory. That is unless you've downloaded metadata packs which can be 2GB and are located in the metahandler folder under addon data in your userdata folder. I've solved all of my storage issues by relocating metadata and/or the thumbnails folder.

myteematt

Aug 23, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida
The thumbnails folder in userdata takes up the most memory. That is unless you've downloaded metadata packs which can be 2GB and are located in the metahandler folder under addon data in your userdata folder. I've solved all of my storage issues by relocating metadata and/or the thumbnails folder.

Has anyone successfully moved the XBMC with stickmount and folder mount, and only use the external drive for storage in XBMC?

htpcforall

Jun 18, 2014
san diego
XBMC data on external storage slow read/write

Has anyone successfully moved the XBMC with stickmount and folder mount, and only use the external drive for storage in XBMC?

I haven't but I will. Keep in mind XBMC accesses data constantly. The quickest access is the onboard memory. An external USB drive read/write speed will be much slower for sure.

{ParanoiA}

Apr 20, 2011
Ocean View, NJ
I just thought of an idea, but idk if it will work. What is someone is able to make a script that would symlink /data or /system (whatever you want) to a usb (formatted ext) that is plugged in. Possibly use Script Manager to run it at boot. Unless someone knows a way to do it directly on the device without an app. That would give you enough space as you would need.