[MOD/THEME]Off Screen Charging MOD

Search This thread

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Before We Start
Disclamer:
By doing his to your phone you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, this has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.
Now to the good stuff

Today I Will Show You How To Modify The Off Screen Charging Images To Your Liking
Things you will need :​

• [*]M8 Duh
    [*]Computer With Fastboot
    [*]A Photo Editor
    [*]A Tool To Unpack Recovery.img's
    [*]About 10 to 30min of your time
  • Common Sense

So Lets Get Started​
First Decompile Your IMG I will Be Using This To Decompile My IMG
if your using the same tool as me then drag and drop the img on unpack.bat as seen in the picture

next navigate
ramdisk

res

offmode_charging_images

this is where we will be doing our modifying :laugh:

Now that you have your img decompiled and your in the offmode_charging_images folder

open up your fave image editor I will be using gimp(because its free and im broke lol)
key things here I kept my images at stock depth 600x362 I did not go any higher as I would think it would mess up you can try your self if you can go higher tell ME!!!

Now if you made pngs the format go's like this 0,1,2,3,4 the rest 5,6,7,8 and 9 just loop the first ones so just copy them and rename if you did not make new pngs just overwrite them

once your done messing with the pngs repack the imgs with the unpackimg.bat

now take image-new.img and put it in your fastboot folder and flash it with fastboot
Code:
flash recovery image-new.img

*NOTE* check to see if you can get in to recovery after flashing your new one
if not you messed up some where

now power down your device and plug it in if you see your new modified images congrats
vIf0lAD.gif

Here Is One I Made
Images

Download
Vertical Battery TWRP Version 2.7.1.0
*NOTE* This was A Recovery Built From @Captain_Throwback Here As Said In the FAQ It Should Work For Most M8

Credits
@osm0sis for his awesome image unpacker
@Captain_Throwback For The Recovery :good::good::good:​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before We Start
    Disclamer:
    By doing his to your phone you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, this has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.
    Now to the good stuff

Today I Will Show You How To Modify The Off Screen Charging Images To Your Liking
    Things you will need :​

• [*]M8 Duh
      [*]Computer With Fastboot
      [*]A Photo Editor
      [*]A Tool To Unpack Recovery.img's
      [*]About 10 to 30min of your time
    • Common Sense

So Lets Get Started​
    First Decompile Your IMG I will Be Using This To Decompile My IMG
    if your using the same tool as me then drag and drop the img on unpack.bat as seen in the picture

next navigate
    ramdisk

res

offmode_charging_images

this is where we will be doing our modifying :laugh:

Now that you have your img decompiled and your in the offmode_charging_images folder

open up your fave image editor I will be using gimp(because its free and im broke lol)
    key things here I kept my images at stock depth 600x362 I did not go any higher as I would think it would mess up you can try your self if you can go higher tell ME!!!

Now if you made pngs the format go's like this 0,1,2,3,4 the rest 5,6,7,8 and 9 just loop the first ones so just copy them and rename if you did not make new pngs just overwrite them

once your done messing with the pngs repack the imgs with the unpackimg.bat

now take image-new.img and put it in your fastboot folder and flash it with fastboot
    Code:
    flash recovery image-new.img

*NOTE* check to see if you can get in to recovery after flashing your new one
    if not you messed up some where

now power down your device and plug it in if you see your new modified images congrats
    vIf0lAD.gif

Here Is One I Made
    Images

Download
    Vertical Battery TWRP Version 2.7.1.0
    *NOTE* This was A Recovery Built From @Captain_Throwback Here As Said In the FAQ It Should Work For Most M8

Credits
    @osm0sis for his awesome image unpacker
    @Captain_Throwback For The Recovery :good::good::good:​
    I'll take this one

175715abe208565307a89a4da0035523.jpg
    Hello sir, can u make such custom mod for htc desire eye please
    the same method could be applied to any device with the images being in the recovery
    so I believe you can do it your self