DS7 users, you can be happy with it. The G-Slate wont replace you.

Search This thread

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Hey all, just got done testing the G-Slate out. 599$ with 2 yr contract. (Ouch!)

Now, while it IS bigger, resolution and handling with honeycomb is WOW. Wont lie there. There is one feature that is HORRIBLE!

I tested out the new 3d video recording ability. OUCH! It has 2 cameras to take pictures in 3d. However you do gotta wear the glasses. It uses the old Red-Blue Glasses trick for 3d. I will tell you this.. HORRIBLE. People look 3d. Items and backgrounds.. not really. Also the quality sucks. But now for the worst part. I watched the video 2 times.. It put a eye strain on me something bad.. to where I am still feeling it hours later. Like if it was a cross mix of queasy and where my eyes feel unadjusted. Never had this before using the re-blue glasses, so it has to be the way the tablet does it. Also there is no way youd even WANNA watch anything with the red/blue tints to be honest. Doesnt look good at all.

Also the 4G ant seems to suck... The whole time it was stuck in 2G mode while my DS7 was in 4G. So sounds like something is worse on this hardware.

Anyways, I feel still after seeing the slate. That my DS7 is still ftw. =) Passing on that info to you all.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I sold my xoom and decided to wait for the samsung.. its thinner and lighter than ipad 2 and out of all the tabs so far is the sexiest IMO. I know a lot of people dont like samsung but I think they hit the mark on this one. I mean all the other companies went ahead with their tablet designs after the ipad 2 came out. Samsung said.. umm no.. now ours isnt working.. too big, too expensive. So they went back and redesigned it. It's not MUCH thinner than ipad 2 or MUCH lighter but they did it just to beat ipad2 in that respect. The galaxy tab 2 would have been out by now if it hadnt been for the ipad 2. trust me.. I have major tablet itch and I'm holding out.. because I dont think I'll be disappointed.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Other thing. The Slate is bigger, yes, also resolution higher, but I dont think it makes it "better" reason being, the DS7 is perfect for thumb keyboarding, gaming and so. Has the right screen res and size for holding it like a handheld and not feel like a library book.

lou0611

Sep 24, 2008
Yardley
I sold my xoom and decided to wait for the samsung.. its thinner and lighter than ipad 2 and out of all the tabs so far is the sexiest IMO. I know a lot of people dont like samsung but I think they hit the mark on this one. I mean all the other companies went ahead with their tablet designs after the ipad 2 came out. Samsung said.. umm no.. now ours isnt working.. too big, too expensive. So they went back and redesigned it. It's not MUCH thinner than ipad 2 or MUCH lighter but they did it just to beat ipad2 in that respect. The galaxy tab 2 would have been out by now if it hadnt been for the ipad 2. trust me.. I have major tablet itch and I'm holding out.. because I dont think I'll be disappointed.

DO you have a date when asus will be out, Im torn between Transformer and Tab 10.1