[Rom][2-21-12]GingerVolt Rom 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Search This thread

G4 Man2

May 4, 2011
Coffeyville
Is anyone else having lag issues since using the blitzkrieg kernel included in here. When I was using GV 1.3 without the Blitzkrieg kernel my phone seemed to run better. Now I get lag off and on. Especially when playing angry birds or world of goo.

Sent using my rooted LG Revolution running GingerVolt 2.0

Are u talking about the "SUPER LAG" / "DREADED LAG O' DEATH" i get once in a while for like an hour that i cant for the life of me fix unless i restart?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
Is anyone else having lag issues since using the blitzkrieg kernel included in here. When I was using GV 1.3 without the Blitzkrieg kernel my phone seemed to run better. Now I get lag off and on. Especially when playing angry birds or world of goo.

I play both games and they run fine. No lag whatsoever

dadecamp

Nov 19, 2011
casa grande
Are u talking about the "SUPER LAG" / "DREADED LAG O' DEATH" i get once in a while for like an hour that i cant for the life of me fix unless i restart?

I too get this occasionally. Even had to pull battery once. Seems to happen after waking from sleep.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
I've flashed gv 2.0 two times and have bluetooth trouble. I flashed the bluetooth fix both times and it doesn't seem to help. Bluetooth works fine on 1.3 tho , any ideas ?

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
I've flashed gv 2.0 two times and have bluetooth trouble. I flashed the bluetooth fix both times and it doesn't seem to help. Bluetooth works fine on 1.3 tho , any ideas ?

It's a common problem with Gingervolt 2.0. Doesn't happen to everyone but has happened to some. I believe mtmichaelson is working on it with the next update but I'm not 100% sure.

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
Yea I thought maybe it was just something I done so I went back to 1.3 for a week and it worked fine . T figured I'd give it a **** again and wiped data and dalvik in cwm and flashed 2.0 and it doesn't work. No big deal tho , mt made it a much better phone with gingervolt so im not gonna bellyache over bluetooth lol

Cal8192

Dec 4, 2010
College Station, Tx
Yea I thought maybe it was just something I done so I went back to 1.3 for a week and it worked fine . T figured I'd give it a **** again and wiped data and dalvik in cwm and flashed 2.0 and it doesn't work. No big deal tho , mt made it a much better phone with gingervolt so im not gonna bellyache over bluetooth lol

Oddly enough, bt never worked for me on 1.3 and older. Even with the fix zip. When I flashed 2.0 it works. Most of the time, anyway.

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
Just upgraded to 2.0 from 1.3 (at least CWM said i did, the rom version in settings > about still says 1.3)

The backlight for the bottom touch buttons no longer comes on when you press a key. What's the fix for this? I did a search and saw one other person ask this but didn't see any response to it.

Thanks to the dev(s), keep up the good work!

darthanubis

Jul 17, 2010
Just upgraded to 2.0 from 1.3 (at least CWM said i did, the rom version in settings > about still says 1.3)

The backlight for the bottom touch buttons no longer comes on when you press a key. What's the fix for this? I did a search and saw one other person ask this but didn't see any response to it.

Thanks to the dev(s), keep up the good work!

reboot the phone or change the brightness settings from auto back to auto.

Reactions: I Brick Phones

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
reboot the phone or change the brightness settings from auto back to auto.

I've rebooted a couple times now.

I tried adjusting the brightness settings as well, and just noticed that the backlight comes on when you toggle the 'auto brightness' but afterwards if you turn the screen off/on the backlights still don't work.

is this because i didn't wipe data that it's acting weird?

darthanubis

Jul 17, 2010

I tried adjusting the brightness settings as well, and just noticed that the backlight comes on when you toggle the 'auto brightness' but afterwards if you turn the screen off/on the backlights still don't work.

Not sure,I always follow the install directions.

Shine a light into the light sensor, or you can power the phone off and turn it back on manually. Rebooting is actually what will sometimes cause the softkeys to start acting funny.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN

After charging to 100% it should fix itself.

dadecamp

Nov 19, 2011
casa grande

I get this sometimes while starting Scrabble.

I too get this occasionally. Even had to pull battery once. Seems to happen after waking from sleep.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Going back to GV 1.3 to see if it goes away

L

LeadPharmer

OTA Update?

So, when I came downstairs this morning my phone was sitting in Recovery Mode. I thought, "that's odd" and just told it to reboot system.

Once it rebooted, the screen for Update Failed showed up.

I remember reading about an OTA update that would contain some remote access software for tech support, looks like they are rolling it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is GingerVolt Rom!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Completely Re-modified Init.d Scripts to Maximize Speed, and Battery
    Added Init.d Scripts for Governor, Max CPU Speed, and Min CPU Speed
    Governor and CPU Speeds Now Stick After Boot
    Small Build.prop Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Cleaned Up More /system Files
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    Updated All /system Apps to Newest Version (Inc. Swype)
    Updated Busybox
    Added Google Voice
    Added Terminal Emulator
    Added Newest WiFi Tether Beta
    Removed V6 Supercharger

Kernel:
    Cleaned Up Some Code
    Changed From JHash2 to JHash3
    Added ZRAM Swap (To Turn on Use Terminal Emulator, Type "su" to Gain Root Access, Then Type "zram enable"
    Added 2-Way Call Recording

v. 1.3
    DeBinged Browser
    Now Boots Straight to the Bootanimation.zip
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

v. 1.2
    Replaced GB Launcher with ADW.Launcher
    Included Spare Parts
    Notification Bar Clean Up
    Enabled Actual Boot Animations!!!
    Build.prop
    Init.d Tweaks
    V6 SuperCharger Tweak
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Boot.img Tweaks

v. 1.1
    Power Menu Mod
    Battery Charging Animation (Thanks Beamer for the idea!)
    Other Tweaks for Speed and Battery Life
    Fix for Soft Keys Not Turning On

v. 1.0 Initial Release
    Based off of ZV7 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Accurate Battery Mod
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Google Search
    Long Press Search
    Swype Beta 3.26
    Fixed Recovery Not Sticking
    Build.prop Tweaks

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    WARNING: HAS NOT INSTALLED OVER FROYO.
    UPDATE TO GINGERBREAD FIRST!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on GingerVolt!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select GingerVolt2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    TheCubed for all of his hard work for us on the Revo, and always being there for me when I have stupid questions
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Just to give an update guys, I have finally begun working on zv8 last night! I was in the middle of another project but finished it up now! I will be heading to the mountains for the weekend with family but I'm sure I will get some work in there, just no internet access lol. The other project has helped me learn a bit more and I will be able to apply it here!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
    thx for all your work mt.

quick question, just updated to GB and rooted. now how do I get clockwork back on the revo? can I still use the revotoolkit the cubed made.... I remember reading a posting of someone running into issues doing it that way but can't seem to find it now.

Yes, use Revotoolkit to install recovery. After installing, hit the check recovery version, it should be 4.0.0.2 or something like that. Then reboot into recovery.
    Hello all!!! After a long 3 months, GingerVolt 2.0 is here!!!! There were MANY changes and things that I played with to get things how I liked them. Honestly, I put in the Change Log what I remembered, and will add to it as I remember the rest lol.

It is recommended to install after a complete wipe, as some apps were updated, and some were removed. I don't want to here any complaints about things force closing, battery is being drained, etc, unless a data wipe has been done. I also do not recommend using TB, etc as it can restore bad data. That is just me, and my opinions on it. Hope you enjoy!!!

P.s.: Over the last 3 days, my battery life has been AMAZING!!! They were 16hrs, 17hrs, and 22hrs. Results may vary, but that is what I have gotten.
    OP updated with 1.3

Themes for 1.2 will work just fine on 1.3!!!