[RECOVERY] 4EXT Touch 1.0.0.5 RC5 by MadMaxx82 [06/12/12]

Search This thread

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
Yes :D

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Glacier. I fell into the newb trap! I always read all posts in a new thread before I ask a question but I've not had a reason to check XDA lately because Energy's ROM is so perfect for me. I thought this was a pretty new thread so I didn't read the whole thing first before posting and there you answered my question on page 3! I feel like a newb boob! LOL

I haven't decided to try X's ROM yet because I wouldn't keep it for lack of Bluetooth et all but I might just to try something with this new recovery. Thanks for helping getting it to the Amaze!!

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
@glacierguy - I did the same thing. Going to run x's 3.5 for a few days. Just to see if it gives me anything that I mite like. So far I like the 4.1 clock. Not diggin the battery life yet.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
I play around with X's ICS preview when I'm bored :p, also this does everything much faster, from backing up,restoring, flashing, could just be me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Madmaxx, This has always been a problem with the Amaze if you let the battery completely drain. I don't think it has anything to do with your recovery which totally rocks by the way!
It shouldn't be behaving as it is when off-charging. Up until Xboarder's most recent CWM Touch release, it had the same issue. However, he'd fixed it in the latest build though. While you will get a flashing LED for a dead battery, you shouldn't be for one which is still somewhat charged.

--
Sent via Tapatalk 2 from my TELUS HTC Amaze 4G on the Fido network.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

I haven't decided to try X's ROM yet because I wouldn't keep it for lack of Bluetooth et all but I might just to try something with this new recovery. Thanks for helping getting it to the Amaze!!

It depends on which one you try. I have been using his Bulletproof 2.5 and faux kernel .009b for weeks and Bluetooth, WiFi Calling, etc work OK.

When we get closer to a fully working ICS, will use this tool to go back and forth. No desire to preview, as am using a pretty complete AOSP version as my daily on my G2X.

It depends on which one you try. I have been using his Bulletproof 2.5 and faux kernel .009b for weeks and Bluetooth, WiFi Calling, etc work OK.

When we get closer to a fully working ICS, will use this tool to go back and forth. No desire to preview, as am using a pretty complete AOSP version as my daily on my G2X.
For Xboarder's ROMs, at the moment, I'd suggest Sense 3.5 if you don't mind no Bluetooth/NFC/Wi-Fi Calling and BulletProof otherwise.

--
Sent via Tapatalk 2 from my TELUS HTC Amaze 4G on the Fido network.

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
Just discovered that when I connect my phone via usb to the computer I'm not getting the option on the phone to connect as storage device. Same prob when I go into recovery and select connect via usb. Nothing happens. So I can't drag files onto my sd card. Anyone else have this problem? How do I correct it?

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
Madmaxx...I gotta say...This is one GREAT recovery you've created! I tried installing X's 3.5 and always got bootloops, even trying to follow the instructions. I did it again this morning and failed. Then I tried it from your app...not recovery and it just did everything for me and worked! That is totally awesome. When I was done playing around with it, I just did a full restore using recovery and it went right back to NRG's ROM without even flinching! Kudos man!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: madmaxx82
G

glacierguy

Just discovered that when I connect my phone via usb to the computer I'm not getting the option on the phone to connect as storage device. Same prob when I go into recovery and select connect via usb. Nothing happens. So I can't drag files onto my sd card. Anyone else have this problem? How do I correct it?

I don't have this issue... Sorry.

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011

Dissconect from phone wait 10 seconds then dissonect from PC wait another ten seconds reconnect everything and there you go

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Reactions: marleyfan61
G

glacierguy

Nvm......:D

Last edited:

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
Sorry if this has already been asked. I used 4XT to make a backup and the flashed a ROM which has a different kernel. If I restore my backup does it also restore the kernel that was in the first ROM or do I have to flash the original kernel separately?

G

glacierguy

Sorry if this has already been asked. I used 4XT to make a backup and the flashed a ROM which has a different kernel. If I restore my backup does it also restore the kernel that was in the first ROM or do I have to flash the original kernel separately?

Just restore the backup. It wipes and flashes everything for you. Don't be alarmed if it reboots once or twice after splash screen. It always does after a kernel change :D

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
Just restore the backup. It wipes and flashes everything for you. Don't be alarmed if it reboots once or twice after splash screen. It always does after a kernel change :D

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

Yeah I just tried this yesterday with X's 3.5 and just did a restore and it flashed the kernel and everything. Didn't have to wipe, reinstall the ROM and then do the restore. :)How cool is that!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sooo stoked this finally got an official release, I was feeling bad that you guys had to wait for it... glad I was able to contribute a little to the testing process, also threw a donation in Madmaxx's direction, he totally deserves it... I will probably start donating pretty regularly to him, his work is some of the finest available for android phones... the devices he supports will definitely influence the devices I purchase!:D

edit: I would also strongly urge anyone that can to do the same (donate)...
    Here's my link to the recovery.img. The newest stable

https://www.box.com/s/mp4v31quljfvdlmy945z

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G...Go Canes []_[]
    Hi Amaze users,

Just to bump the thread, as a new version of 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1 is now available as of 31/12/2013 and all finally packaged up early morning 01/01/2014 so thanks for this at New Years!

To get your hands on the recovery.img, download 4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip using the 4EXT Apps.

The Free 4EXT Recovery Updater v2.4.6b App.
    Or the Paid 4EXT Recovery Control App.

Version v1.0.0.6 RC1 is required for the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs and GAPPs.

Here is the changelog for 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1.
    - Based on the rock solid v1.0.0.5 RC9
    - Added support for SELinux needed by some Android 4.4 roms.

Big thanks to the following testers:
    Papete, Dtr204, CChako, and Kingmook!

Hope the above helps!

Happy Testing,

Rob.
    Also, if you are new and using this, and you are "S-ON"... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "SMART-FLASH" ENABLED IN THE SETTINGS!! if not then we will end up with about the 500th thread titled "amaze 4g stuck at boot logo, please help!!!" Or "flashed x.x.x Rom and now phone just stays at HTC screen" because of course you won't search first :D

sent from my
    NRGized amaze